VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Many players on defense are playing hard, especially the young D-line, but look at the wasted opportunities... Verse and Fiske are leading the entire team in pressures, but missing sacks (some for stupid penalties). Bryant Young and Kobie Turner are playing OK, but the interior never gets any penetration and teams run wild at times.
Quick correction: Per PFF, Verse and Turner lead the team in pressures at 20 each. Fiske is playing ok with 15 pressures and 1 sack. Turner and Young lead the team with 3 sacks each.

fearsomefour

Legend
On the plus side, we had more yards and possession time. Kick the first quarter FG, get the XPs on the two TDs and it is a tie game.

Stafford seemed off in his throwing. A couple of wobblers - not the trademark tight spirals. Bad misses on some short passes. Arm/hand issue or was he just getting jumpy at the collapsing pockets?

OL was not bad in most cases, but Stafford mostly had to get the ball out quickly. A couple of throw-aways instead of sacks really would have helped.

Stafford and Parkinson not in synch and that is really hurting.

Corum proved he is a viable option to Williams at RB. I think they should load split a bit more. Hope Whittington isn't going to be out too long.

The D was inconsistent but not horrible. What's with the hockey-style body check by BY in the end zone? Do they teach that now instead of tackling? Great end result on the play though!

Hunter Long is not a ghost. He caught two passes. Played more snaps than Davis Allen.
Long is the best blocking TE on the team, which is why is playing over Allen. Allen's back may still be bugging him as well.

That Verse play was bizarre to be honest. Hes don't a lot of good things but it is strange to see such a physically gifted, fast, strong player not be an adequate tackler. It will come with time Im sure. I can't wait until he develops some others moves besides a bull rush. That bullrush with a couple of moves off of it could make him a dominating edge player.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
What's with the hockey-style body check by BY in the end zone? Do they teach that now instead of tackling?
OK Fellas, gather around. Whatever you do, don't tackle their QB in the end zone.
1728319585962.png

fearsomefour

Legend
Quick correction: Per PFF, Verse and Turner lead the team in pressures at 20 each. Fiske is playing ok with 15 pressures and 1 sack. Turner and Young lead the team with 3 sacks each.
3 pressures per game average for an interior lineman is not ok, it is excellent.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
3 pressures per game average for an interior lineman is not ok, it is excellent.
You know what? You're right! I checked league-wide numbers, and there are only 13 interior DLs averaging 3 pressures per game. Both Turner and Fiske are doing fantastic—apart from the missed tackles.

RamWoodie

Legend
The 2nd game in a row our team had a game under control, only to give it away.

THEY HAVE WORK TO DO!!!

ram.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
You know what? You're right! I checked league-wide numbers, and there are only 13 interior DLs averaging 3 pressures per game. Both Turner and Fiske are doing fantastic—apart from the missed tackles.
Ive been impressed with Fiske. As predicted he gets moved out in the run game at times, but, that may be the trade for having an athletic play maker inside.

Tano

Legend
Green Bay's defense gave up over 130 yards on the ground, the Rams defense didnt.
Rams had more 1st downs, more time of possession and more total yards in the game.
Excuse me - the Rams defense ONLY gave up 126 yards rushing - forgive me for exaggerating the numbers

fearsomefour

Legend
This is not an easy fix. Blame the stripper for it. I was beyond pissed as a season ticket holder at Anaheim when the Rams moved, and now I'm happy they're back but wonder what the vibe at games would look like today if we had the Rams in LA during GSoT days.

Years of winning and showing commitment gives you Dodgers and Lakers excitement. LA is a tourist destination, but these successful franchises make it work.

It will take time.
People forget way back when the Rams had the largest home attendance in the league, drawing huge crowds at the Coliseum.
The downfall really started when She That Shall Not Be Named moved the team to Anaheim.
Anaheim is not "LA" and the stadium was a baseball stadium. There were not seats that were square to the field. The field was at an angle....no good seats really. Horrible, horrible stadium for football.
When a team moves away a decent % of the old, loyal fan base is moving on to other teams.
The loyal fan base feels abandoned and I can't blame them.
Gone for a generation and it will take a few generations to grow the fan base back.
Add in two facts....first, you will meet tons of transplants from the midwest and eastern US that have move to LA for work or for the weather etc. Tons and tons of transplants who bring their home town team loyalty with them.
Also, So Cal (and CA in general) are bad sports cities.
LA is a baseball town and always has been. People that haven't live there don't really get that.
Dodgers
Lakers
USC
Angels
Rams
Clippers
Thats basically the order.
Its a Dodger and Laker town and always has been post 1950's.
It won't be an easy fix and you'll never see home crowds like you do in Minnesota, Green Bay, Buffalo and other winter wasteland hell holes were there is literally nothing else to do half the year but get drunk and go to a game.
I hate it too.....but, it will take a long time to fix if it gets fixed.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
We ran the ball often today.
Stafford just didn’t seem to be in sync. Too many high passes and missed opportunities.
This isn’t the only game I’ve noticed him being “off”.
At some point I wonder how much is it Stafford and how much is it, “are those guys where they’re supposed to be?”

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This has been mentioned before, but even with LA being a destination vacation area (Weather/ Beach / Disneyland / Hollywood / Beverly Hills) - - most of these die-hard fans likely live in LA area.

Here'd be my guess at the Opponent Sofi Take-Over %
DateOpponentOpponent Take Over %
Sept. 2249ers
75%​
Oct. 6Packers
80%​
Oct. 20Raiders
85%​
Oct. 24 (Thu)Vikings
50%​
Nov. 11 (Mon)Dolphins
35%​
Nov. 24Eagles
75%​
Dec. 8Bills
75%​
Dec. 29Cardinals
50%​
Jan. 5Seahawks
45%​
This is just fuckin sad. I'm in Northern Cal. If this team were closer to me, I'd definitely go way more often. The cost of traveling plus family stuff makes it hard to do so for me. I've gone to at least one game every year and went to our 2 playoff games during the Superbowl run.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I don't understand why people are blaming the defense. A lot of 3 and outs today, a pick 6, stopped the packers offense from scoring points in the 4th qtr when the Rams really needed them to make stops.

The offense gets an L. Although it's hard to blame them when all their best players are on the sideline.

Yeah we were gonna need to score in the 20s on offense to win this game but the offense did not come close. 7 of our points were from the defense.

Offense let us down this week. Defense let us down last week. Good teams get those performances they need when they need them. Our boys keep coming up short.

But I will say again there are too many JAGs on the field for us. Every WR and TE. That is hard to overcome.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Only thing I'll add is that our best offensive players didn't play their best when their best was required to win.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Only thing I'll add is that our best offensive players didn't play their best when their best was required to win.
Agreed. It wasn't so much JAGS that let us down yesterday. It was our best players in KWill and Stafford. Their margin of error is already so thin with injuries and a young D. You can't have your two best players with back-to-back turnovers.

Psycho_X

Legend
Still feel ranty I guess... if this play alone doesn't cause some kind of change I don't know what will. How this resulted in a touchdown is just fucking embarrassing. Just watching this over and over and still not understanding how Rozeboom doesn't wrap up the feet and how Reeder doesn't just lay him the fuck out is absolutely mind boggling. Reeder literally stops in his tracks and watches him run right by while trying to... Idk... pull a flag off his waist? Maybe that's the problem... someone should tell Reeder he doesn't play flag football. Holy shit this play gets me hot.
1728325746843.png

View: https://x.com/NFL/status/1843055513585782850

muggmeister

Starter
Worst display of open field tackling I've ever seen at any level. Even the pick 6 should have been a safety. Why didn't Byron Young wrap him up?

Man I miss Aaron Donald.
I was thinking the same fucking thing. He just runs into him without even an attempt to actually tackle him. Wtf was that? I guess they just don't teach tackling in practice. And what the fuck was Witherspoon doing waiting on the ball without even at attempt to dislodge the ball from the receiver? Again, wtf was that. This defense has zero fucking discipline in all phases and Donald NOT being there is no fucking excuse.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
since we don't get homefield advantage then we should get every call and a few questionable calls going our way. You know, to even it out.