VENT Vent Thread: Packers @ Rams. Locked after 24 Hours.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Still feel ranty I guess... if this play alone doesn't cause some kind of change I don't know what will. How this resulted in a touchdown is just fucking embarrassing. Just watching this over and over and still not understanding how Rozeboom doesn't wrap up the feet and how Reeder doesn't just lay him the fuck out is absolutely mind boggling. Reeder literally stops in his tracks and watches him run right by while trying to... Idk... pull a flag off his waist? Maybe that's the problem... someone should tell Reeder he doesn't play flag football. Holy shit this play gets me hot.
View attachment 67879

View: https://x.com/NFL/status/1843055513585782850

I used to be a Reeder apologist. I can no longer accept this is the best the Rams can put on the field. The trade of EJ is looking really bad at this point. I just hope they can have Speights ready come week 7 because he can't be any worse than Reeder that's for sure.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still feel ranty I guess... if this play alone doesn't cause some kind of change I don't know what will. How this resulted in a touchdown is just fucking embarrassing. Just watching this over and over and still not understanding how Rozeboom doesn't wrap up the feet and how Reeder doesn't just lay him the fuck out is absolutely mind boggling. Reeder literally stops in his tracks and watches him run right by while trying to... Idk... pull a flag off his waist? Maybe that's the problem... someone should tell Reeder he doesn't play flag football. Holy shit this play gets me hot.
View attachment 67879

Shula has to be running out of excuses. Play the fucking kid. It's OMAR TIME goddammit.

Tano

Legend
I used to be a Reeder apologist. I can no longer accept this is the best the Rams can put on the field. The trade of EJ is looking really bad at this point. I just hope they can have Speights ready come week 7 because he can't be any worse than Reeder that's for sure.
Join Us Bray Wyatt GIF by WWE

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are a missed FG away from being 0-5. There’s no quick fix on the defensive side. How they thought 2 special team players could start at ILB , is mind boggling. They are on their back or way out of position for 90% of the game. I rarely see anyone trying to strip the ball , or getting their hands up when you can’t get to the QB. I watched Hoect buried in the tackles chest with his head down several times yesterday. This feels like a 3 or 4 win season to me. The Super Bowl win feels like a distant memory at this point. Dammit

Antonius

Pro Bowler
View attachment 67879

I have never seen an NFL defender so gifted at his ability to not make plays. He’s always getting pushed backwards. Or falling down as the ball carrier runs by. Or late to the tackle. Or letting passes sail over his head. Rewatch the lateral play the 49ers tried at the end of the game a couple weeks ago, and watch 51. He’s running around like a slow goofy kid who has no sense of direction.

But McVay himself said starting 51 and getting rid of Jones was done to improve the team. What a joke. I remember when this team used to jettison BAD players. Not elevate them.

Ellard80

Legend
We are a missed FG away from being 0-5. There’s no quick fix on the defensive side. How they thought 2 special team players could start at ILB , is mind boggling. They are on their back or way out of position for 90% of the game. I rarely see anyone trying to strip the ball , or getting their hands up when you can’t get to the QB. I watched Hoect buried in the tackles chest with his head down several times yesterday. This feels like a 3 or 4 win season to me. The Super Bowl win feels like a distant memory at this point. Dammit
We are also like 2 plays away from being 3-2.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
argh so pissed. This team. Mcvay!! Aneurysm ensuing. Vent.

gotta get it out before its locked.

Tano

Legend
I have never seen an NFL defender so gifted at his ability to not make plays. He’s always getting pushed backwards. Or falling down as the ball carrier runs by. Or late to the tackle. Or letting passes sail over his head. Rewatch the lateral play the 49ers tried at the end of the game a couple weeks ago, and watch 51. He’s running around like a slow goofy kid who has no sense of direction.

But McVay himself said starting 51 and getting rid of Jones was done to improve the team. What a joke. I remember when this team used to jettison BAD players. Not elevate them.
I have gotten to the point that I just shake my head at the futility of Reeder and Rozeboom trying to make a tackle on most plays.

It's gotten so ridiculous at this point that I just have to laugh now.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
View attachment 67879

I know we aren't supposed to say this but Reeder belongs on the bench or better yet the street. Keep beating this message like a dead horse but Jones being traded was just the dumbest shit ever. Fuck McVay, why? You are smarter than that.....smh....ok rant over. Going to the boobie section to RAISE my spirits hahaha

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Can anyone tell me if there has ever been two worst starting ILBers on the same team? Oh, what I would give for the days of Jack Reynolds and London Flecther.

Tano

Legend
I know we aren't supposed to say this but Reeder belongs on the bench or better yet the street. Keep beating this message like a dead horse but Jones being traded was just the dumbest shit ever. Fuck McVay, why? You are smarter than that.....smh....ok rant over. Going to the boobie section to RAISE my spirits hahaha
I have got to believe that somehow/someway - Jones pissed off McVay during the offseason.

Someone on the boards stated that he had an attitude problem during practices and McVay had enough.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Rams were unfortunately basing their efforts this season on the success of the 2023 team and they underestimated the effect of AD’s retirement. The Jones trade was a mixture of arrogance and incompetence. I don’t think this approach happens is they didn’t have a first time coordinator in place on defense. A seasoned coordinator would have probably have balked at the move especially the timing of it. If they thought Speights would actually eventually be taking snaps they could have held on to Jones and moved him closer to the trade deadline and got a similar paltry return for him. McVay’s a great head coach but he seems to let his personal feelings about players affect his personnel decisions. They got rid of Akers and Henderson because of issues that weren’t necessarily on field issues but rather personal spats. I have no confidence that the defense will ever be anything better than the sieve it’s become and how could they as the Rams have allocated a fraction of the money that other teams do for the defense. You get what you paid for.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have formed a theory about the Rozeboom whiffs...

It's those long strands of greasy ass hair that he insists on having hang down on each side of his helmet and swing IN FRONT of his jersey. That nasty grease has him lubed up more than a Diddy party. Nobody can possibly get a solid grip to complete a tackle with that shit slathered all over you.

Prove me wrong.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I have got to believe that somehow/someway - Jones pissed off McVay during the offseason.

Someone on the boards stated that he had an attitude problem during practices and McVay had enough.
Its the only logical explanation at this point. However I find it odd that if that were true, they couldn't attempt to patch things up. This move was a huge mistake made by this regime. Even if the team wasn't going to re-sign him, he was ok playing out his contract. The low cost of his contract plus the fact that we could get a compensatory pick if he balled out just makes it that much more shittier.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I have formed a theory about the Rozeboom whiffs...

It's those long strands of greasy ass hair that he insists on having hang down on each side of his helmet and swing IN FRONT of his jersey. That nasty grease has him lubed up more than a Diddy party. Nobody can possibly get a solid grip to complete a tackle with that shit slathered all over you.

Prove me wrong.
So what you're saying is our defense should consist of anyone that is athletic and attended those Diddy parties. Makes sense as those people know how to tackle a slippery person.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Had to be something personal. Nothing else makes much sense at this point.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Rams were unfortunately basing their efforts this season on the success of the 2023 team and they underestimated the effect of AD’s retirement. The Jones trade was a mixture of arrogance and incompetence. I don’t think this approach happens is they didn’t have a first time coordinator in place on defense. A seasoned coordinator would have probably have balked at the move especially the timing of it. If they thought Speights would actually eventually be taking snaps they could have held on to Jones and moved him closer to the trade deadline and got a similar paltry return for him. McVay’s a great head coach but he seems to let his personal feelings about players affect his personnel decisions. They got rid of Akers and Henderson because of issues that weren’t necessarily on field issues but rather personal spats. I have no confidence that the defense will ever be anything better than the sieve it’s become and how could they as the Rams have allocated a fraction of the money that other teams do for the defense. You get what you paid for.
Jones was all arrogance. The GM and HC are not iccompetent.

They made a trade in a fit of pique and that is never a good way to do business.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Jones was all arrogance. The GM and HC are not iccompetent.

They made a trade in a fit of pique and that is never a good way to do business.
in a fit of pique
uncountable noun
Pique is the feeling of annoyance you have when you think someone has not treated you properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.