[Updated] Antonio Brown released, signs w/Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You can't make this shit up....

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
...and the Steelers are sitting back smiling, saying to themselves "What took so long?"

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I have no idea how this is actually playing out behind the scenes, but I think it would be hilarious if this was all a power struggle between Mayock and Gruden. I don't think it actually is, but it would be funny:

1. Mayock fines AB
  2. Gruden says the Raiders have his back
  3. AB confronts Mayock
  4. Mayock sends AB home from practice assuming he'll be suspended
  5. Gruden calls AB and tells him to apologize
  6. AB apologizes and Gruden says he can play
  7. Mayock sends AB letter fining him $200k and terminating his guarantees
  8. AB goes bonkers and demands to be traded
All Mayock has to do for check-mate is wait for AB not to show up and send him a 5 day letter.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Around the clock with this guy.

Have the sense to part ways. This player/team relationship isn't good for anyone.

Psycho_X

Legend
I have no idea how this is actually playing out behind the scenes, but I think it would be hilarious if this was all a power struggle between Mayock and Gruden. I don't think it actually is, but it would be funny:

1. Mayock fines AB
  2. Gruden says the Raiders have his back
  3. AB confronts Mayock
  4. Mayock sends AB home from practice assuming he'll be suspended
  5. Gruden calls AB and tells him to apologize
  6. AB apologizes and Gruden says he can play
  7. Mayock sends AB letter fining him $200k and terminating his guarantees
  8. AB goes bonkers and demands to be traded
All Mayock has to do for check-mate is wait for AB not to show up and send him a 5 day letter.

Been wondering the same thing. Gruden has definitely been PC in regards to AB so far. Might be just to save face with the team as you can’t have players hating the coach. But it’s funny how it’s been back and forth like that.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he wants to be released - fine. He needs to pay back every penny in signing bonus he's received first, and sign a deal that he won't sue for any money. Otherwise, just suspend him without pay so he can't play elsewhere, and sue him for the money.

I am on the players' side more often than not, but they have to make a good faith effort to play - he hasn't. And just like the teams need to honor their contracts, the players have to honor the contracts they sign - he hasn't, not in the least.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Even if the Faders get their $$ back, those draft picks are GONE!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dang

Legend
Putting this in perspective if I ignored the policies of the company I worked for, didn’t show up for work without approval, carried my grievances to the social media public and went after my boss - I would be fired immediately from my job. And after the dust settled I would have to admit I f**ked up.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The raiders are the stealers' whipping boys. First Bryant and now AB.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They haven't paid him a dime yet.

Cool. I checked Spotrac and yeah, the million "signing bonus" is actually a workout bonus that he didn't earn.

I'd still suspend him instead of cutting him, at least until he signs something that he won't try to sue them. Besides, while they weren't great picks, he still cost them a third and a fifth - let him sit and stew for a while for costing them that.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Maybe Gruden should have listened to McVay speak about We not Me. If he had, would have a 3rd round and 5th pick in camp, instead of wasted on Brown.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I have a couple close friends who are big time Raider fans.

I feel bad for them having to deal with all this BS.

Even further they are both huge Gruden fans.

I just don't believe in Gruden at all.