UFC 257: Connor McGregor versus Dustin Poirier 2 up in Sports book

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stupid for who? It's not stupid for the NFL, that's for sure. They are getting 1.5 BILLION in revenue for viewers who would be watching anway.
The NFL doesnt care what game you're watching, just that you're watching
I think he’s talking about the degradation of the industry not being able to pop people for premium prices anymore and only give them limited quality for that money.

using the music industry for instance
F0062C20-93EF-4A7F-AC04-17430B6A50CD.png
79E33187-2965-4054-A88E-994EF3658B79.png

You give people a fair price they’ll pay it even though the revenue per person is a lot less. The NFL is at a cross roads now where bootleg/streaming quality is very high and nothing much is lost streaming for free.

They having a shit fit because of Covid, their main source of revenue is those contracts. Well if those lessen in the coming decade what will that do to the game? Sink or get more competitive and fair.

Same thing happened to the US Auto manufacturing market with the crash of 08. Quality,realibility, and value wentup dramatically with American brands the following years afterward.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he’s talking about the degradation of the industry not being able to pop people for premium prices anymore and only give them limited quality for that money.

using the music industry for instance
Well, its a bit of apples to oranges really. Napster essentially created a market that hadnt been there before. The prize being missed is on Direct tv/ATT. Its like seeing Nextel/Pagenet/Blockbuster thinking their format will last forever.
From the NFL perspective, the Direct TV deal is pure gold. They are getting a legit 1.5 bill for a double dip.
What is amazing to me is how DTV cant see the forest thru the trees. The infrastructure is there, but instead it seems they are willing to ride it out for 2 more years until they can pull the plug. Who's getting DTV if there's no Sunday ticket?
They have the app, why they dont just open it up to non-DTV subscribers is beyond me. Sure, its available for college students and people who cant physically install a dish, buy why stop there?
You are right, people will pay for premium service, question, how much?
DTV paying 1.5 bill and NFL wants out of that deal, why? Because ESPN/Amazon/Apple will likely pay double to triple of that.
I could see an ESPN+ type setup, have to subscribe for $10 a month and then games would be on a pay per view gig.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, its a bit of apples to oranges really. Napster essentially created a market that hadnt been there before. The prize being missed is on Direct tv/ATT. Its like seeing Nextel/Pagenet/Blockbuster thinking their format will last forever.
From the NFL perspective, the Direct TV deal is pure gold. They are getting a legit 1.5 bill for a double dip.
What is amazing to me is how DTV cant see the forest thru the trees. The infrastructure is there, but instead it seems they are willing to ride it out for 2 more years until they can pull the plug. Who's getting DTV if there's no Sunday ticket?
They have the app, why they dont just open it up to non-DTV subscribers is beyond me. Sure, its available for college students and people who cant physically install a dish, buy why stop there?
You are right, people will pay for premium service, question, how much?
DTV paying 1.5 bill and NFL wants out of that deal, why? Because ESPN/Amazon/Apple will likely pay double to triple of that.
I could see an ESPN+ type setup, have to subscribe for $10 a month and then games would be on a pay per view gig.
Thats exactly where things are going instead of paying 80$ + for nfl ticket. I think the second part of the contract is 115$+ ? IMO dtv and companies like them are going to take a huge hit in the next 10 + years, maybe not be a blockbuster but get hammered pretty damned hard for trying to continue business as they’ve done for decades.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats exactly where things are going instead of paying 80$ + for nfl ticket. I think the second part of the contract is 115$+ ? IMO dtv and companies like them are going to take a huge hit in the next 10 + years, maybe not be a blockbuster but get hammered pretty damned hard for trying to continue business as they’ve done for decades.
Satelitte dish networks will be a dinosaur in the next 10 years. With how technology keeps expanding, the idea that you need to bolt an archaic dish to your roof in order to get reception will be laughable. We have GPS watches and phones with as much technology as NASA had in the 70's. Im sure there will be a wireless service to replace dish nets before you know it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Connor is a tapping machine ~ Habb