Tyler Higbee is a Stud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a deeper LT class than it is for TE.
Sorry but after watching the OL if we don't actually upgrade it we can have whatever hall of famers we want at skill positions. This unit is not good enough. I'm tired of the people we put out to protect the franchise and the most important position being gambles. We are shit at run blocking and we can't keep Stafford up right. Lets throw potentially a rookie out there with great weapons but nobody worth a damn blocking for him. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Ellard80

Legend
Sorry but after watching the OL if we don't actually upgrade it we can have whatever hall of famers we want at skill positions. This unit is not good enough. I'm tired of the people we put out to protect the franchise and the most important position being gambles. We are shit at run blocking and we can't keep Stafford up right. Lets throw potentially a rookie out there with great weapons but nobody worth a damn blocking for him. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
yeah our 0-line still needs a lot of work.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When broken studs are put to pasture ...

1699234454177.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Again, I'll say this: this is a deeper LT class than a TE class. Lachey is the number two tight end, in my eyes (and he'll likely go a lot higher than the fifth come April). Maybe Johnny Wilson if you convert him from receiver to tight end (unlikely, but I've seen stranger things). Other than that, I don't see a bona-fide stud in the mold of a Bowers.

Meanwhile, you have guys like Mims, Suamataia, Morgan, Paul, Fautanu, Guyton, Beebe, Fisher, Goncalves, and Amegadjie - all of whom could go second day (while I see Alt, Fashanu, and Latham go early). All of them are potential left tackles at the next level (Beebe maybe moves to guard, but I could see him have a long career at left tackle as well). That's not even including the pure guards who will likely be on the second day (Mahogany and Zinter), and the two blue-chip centers in Van Pran-Granger and Barton who could end up sneaking into Round 1 consideration.

Point is, this is a deep OT class. Not so much tight end, unlike last year. And I don't think A-Jax is that big a disaster. Is he a left tackle? Of course, not, but for an undrafted free agent, he's been an absolute gem, and could probably do well at right guard.

JBRam77

UDFA
McVay and Snead got bamboozled again on another overpaid veteran resign….This guy has completely become another JaG

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Yeah.. the more this season goes on and the more I think about next year.. They really have to invest in the line.

What do you think the approach should be? Is Jackson a RT candidate? A RG candidate? or strictly a backup? That's one major question I don't know the answer to that I think is key to constructing the line next season. They need a monster LT and a badass center... If they could acquire that.. you could probably figure out the right side between Dotson, Jackson Havenstein and maybe another Tackle draft pick.

But.. the line. Period.