Tyler Higbee is a Stud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll say Higbee still misses catches.He missed one against Arizona Monday Night. Those balls can’t be missed.He had one that he needed to get out of bounds or wanted to make a play.Did the classic run before he caught the ballZ

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was nice to see Kendall Blanton step up. I think he gets resigned for a couple seasons after helping lead The Rams to the SuperBowl.

Higbee might not be healthy in time to play.Reggie Scott will make sure he is healthy. HIGBEEST snap count had been way up. Hopkins will be ready,but depth now is a concern.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As much as I like Tyler Higbee ,I HATE his RESIGNING!!

He misses way to many passes,is slower than ever,& the timing(mid-season) of him resigning

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
As much as I like Tyler Higbee ,I HATE his RESIGNING!!

He misses way to many passes,is slower than ever,& the timing(mid-season) of him resigning
I don't like it either. Makes zero sense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's really a 1 year extension with dead money only next year if he is cut or traded in 2025 it would be about $5 million in cap savings.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I don't like it either. Makes zero sense.
In a season where we're saving cash to go on a run next year (and more realistically the following), I couldn't understand us extending Higbee of all people. Even if its just a one year extension.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Can we change the thread title, please? I propose the following:

Tyler Higbee was never a stud but used to be a good player; now he’s crap.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Can we change the thread title, please? I propose the following:

Tyler Higbee was never a stud but used to be a good player; now he’s crap.
"From Stud to Dud: The Tyler Higbee Story"

Though has he ever really been a stud? He was solid but nowhere close to being a top TE in the league.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"From Stud to Dud: The Tyler Higbee Story"

Though has he ever really been a stud? He was solid but nowhere close to being a top TE in the league.
Yep - & today his misses a pass & gets hurt.He is always hurt & battles through injury.

Just don’t see how you resign him in the middle of the season.It’s like he has dirt on somebody & they’re paying him off.
—Hopkins & Long must be gone at the end of the season for sure.
Not that that means much.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Depending upon where we pick, does Brock Bowers enter the equation for our first round selection?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depending upon where we pick, does Brock Bowers enter the equation for our first round selection?
Character scares the holy hell out of me. I see bust but hey I've been wrong before and will be again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Character scares the holy hell out of me. I see bust but hey I've been wrong before and will be again.

Gronkowski had character issues and injury issues.

I’m taking Bowers easily.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gronkowski had character issues and injury issues.

I’m taking Bowers easily.
If we're picking that high I'm taking qb or lt without question. And Gtonk wasn't the only character concern guy, plenty have had them and busted.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If we're picking that high I'm taking qb or lt without question. And Gtonk wasn't the only character concern guy, plenty have had them and busted.

Bowers is regarded as the best tight end prospect to ever come out - including Gronkowski and Kelce (who also had character issues).

If he’s on the board at #10, I’m taking him, no hesitation and draft the QB in the second.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bowers is regarded as the best tight end prospect to ever come out - including Gronkowski and Kelce (who also had character issues).

If he’s on the board at #10, I’m taking him, no hesitation and draft the QB in the second.
And our offense still sucks with Alaric Jackson at LT.

Give me Fashanu or Alt, both graded as high as Bowers, and kick Jackson to the UDFA curb. Draft the 2nd round QB. Sign a vet like Hooper, Gesicki or Tonyan and draft Luke Lachey in the 5th. Grab that next Iowa TE.

If we go into 2024 with Jackson at LT it doesn't matter who the QB, TE, RB or WR will be. at least 2 possibly 4 spots need to be changed on the OL.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Did Higbee's play go south immediately after he got his extension?

Many disagreed, but IMO, he should have been a cap cut this offseason.

Alaric Jackson was better at guard. If they draft a LT in the 1st next year, I'd like to see Jackson at LG, Avila at C, and a re-signed Dotson at RG. And more of a commitment to the rushing attack.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And our offense still sucks with Alaric Jackson at LT.

Give me Fashanu or Alt, both graded as high as Bowers, and kick Jackson to the UDFA curb. Draft the 2nd round QB. Sign a vet like Hooper, Gesicki or Tonyan and draft Luke Lachey in the 5th. Grab that next Iowa TE.

If we go into 2024 with Jackson at LT it doesn't matter who the QB, TE, RB or WR will be. at least 2 possibly 4 spots need to be changed on the OL.

It's a deeper LT class than it is for TE.