Tyler Higbee is a Stud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If that were the case, (Being Goff's fault) then you'd have expected Higbee's targets to have gone up not down. Goff's depth of pass was lowest of McVay era, while his comp % was his career high, meaning he was taking less risk and throwing short. Even #16's staunchest defenders will agree he locked in on Kupp and even Woods to a point even though they were blanketed. Surely if the TE, (who was allegedly QB's best friend, practice buddy, rookie roomie etc) was open as a safety valve, the unconfident and unable QB would have tried to get him the ball....
He definitely did not look any farther than Kupp on third downs, not that that is a bad thing. Maybe Higbey’s injury really limited game planning for him? Goff and McVay are the only ones who really know if the plays design for him didn’t work or were not executed for some other reason.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah, you dont usually get targeted when you're not open.
Higbee has been nothing more than a Jag outside of a 4 game blip
He made a great catch in the second half of the NFC Championship game and his YAC is a lot better than I ever thought it would be. He's probably the best Rams TE in my lifetime (I know that's not saying much) so in my book he's definitely not a JAG.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fred Dyer #89 had a Great motor & was over powered a lot.He rarely took off a play.Rumor was he use to make a motor boat noise when playing.He always kept playing to the Whistle.In those days The Rams defense had to compete on a Level of The Fearsome Foursome. No easy task.
He was also a pretty decent actor.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tyler Higbee still misses assignments & catches.I look back at 2019 against the 9ers at the end of the forth QRT.I know Les Snead & Sean Mcvay still have that vision of the loss in there mind.Still what Tyler Higbee did at the End of that season was very impressive.I believe Gerald Everett was hurt & Johnny Mundt was the 2nd string TE.

PFF Ranks Tyler Higbee among top 20 TE’s

From top to bottom, the Los Angeles Rams have as much talent on offense as anyone. Their receiving corps is deep, their backfield features two dynamic runners, the offensive line is solid when healthy and Matthew Stafford is an above-average quarterback who should thrive in Sean McVay’s offense.

One position that shouldn’t get overlooked is tight end, where Tyler Higbee has been the top option for the last several years. In his last two seasons, Higbee has caught 113 passes for 1,255 yards and eight touchdowns, excelling as the team’s No. 1 tight end ahead of Gerald Everett.

Now that Everett is in Seattle, Higbee should see an uptick in playing time and earn an even larger role. Pro Football Focus ranked him as a top-20 tight end in the NFL heading into 2021, putting him 18th at the position.

Higbee’s red-hot close to the 2019 season didn’t carry over into the 2020 campaign. Over the last five weeks of the 2019 season, Higbee ranked third among all offensive players in PFF receiving grade (91.2) and receptions (43). No player had more receiving yards (522), either.

Higbee remained TE1 in Los Angeles last season, out-snapping Gerald Everett by nearly 200 snaps over the course of the regular season, but his production took a hit. Higbee’s PFF grade dropped nearly 20 points to 67.6 in 2020, and his 1.62 receiving yards per route run was nearly a full yard lower than his mark in 2019 (2.60).

Everett was ranked three spots lower than Higbee at No. 21, but both players should have strong seasons in 2021. Higbee will compete for targets with Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, DeSean Jackson and others, while Everett has DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett on his team.

Higbee shouldn’t be pushed much by the Rams’ other tight ends – Brycen Hopkins, Johnny Mundt and Jacob Harris – as he enters Year 6 in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I bring up Higbee missing passes because he has always had that tendency.He did it in training camp a lot over the years.
Johnny Mundt is still the back up TE.
—The Rams offensive line got to much criticism for not making The Playoffs.Bobby Evans got criticism for giving up 2 pressures in one series after a Josh Reynolds missed pass by Jared Goff.I bring that up because certain plays can change a game.
—Players make Plays.
Tyler Higbee was banged up last season & played through pain.I look forward to his Growth without Jared Goff. The Rams signed both Rob Havienstien & Tyler Higbee to contract extension.These guys are Core Leaders such as a Michael Brockers was for The Rams.These are Licker room guys Spags has talked about,but never provided with his 4 Pillers. Now The Rams look like The Coliseum with all there Pillars.
—DJ1 - is a guy in 2021 that is looking for a Ring & a Hollywood Ending.
$4 million vs.$7 million & a guy who wants to be a Ram! Brings new energy & might open things up even more for Tyler Higbee.Let’s hope he likes the feel of a Matthew Stafford pass better than his ex-roommate Jared Goff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The last 2 days of training camp Tyler Higbee was starting to get more into the offense.Mcvay basically said in his last interview after the Raiders game that it was Tyler Higbee & Johnny Mundt was deserving of a bigger role.Then the rest of the TE’s.
I’m expecting Big things from him. I believe he will be the 3rd leader Receiver in 2021.

Prediction is Top 10 TE in the NFL.
800 plus receiving yards & 8 plus TD’s..

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The last 2 days of training camp Tyler Higbee was starting to get more into the offense.Mcvay basically said in his last interview after the Raiders game that it was Tyler Higbee & Johnny Mundt was deserving of a bigger role.Then the rest of the TE’s.
I’m expecting Big things from him. I believe he will be the 3rd leader Receiver in 2021.

Prediction is Top 10 TE in the NFL.
800 plus receiving yards & 8 plus TD’s..
If he can stay healthy this season, I agree with you on Higbee and I also think people may be sleeping on Mundt a little.

I think Hopkins is TE3. His athleticism and versatility will keep him around over Blanton, I think.

Harris isn't *really* a TE in the sense of you can't count him in TE depth to be someone who blocks. I count him as .5 TE and .5 WR for the roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If he can stay healthy this season, I agree with you on Higbee and I also think people may be sleeping on Mundt a little.

I think Hopkins is TE3. His athleticism and versatility will keep him around over Blanton, I think.

Harris isn't *really* a TE in the sense of you can't count him in TE depth to be someone who blocks. I count him as .5 TE and .5 WR for the roster.

agree with your thoughts,but have a little difference in opinion. Harris is raw,but Super athletic.I think he will fill out more & could be a very productive TE.
Top 2 totally agree.

Hopkins vs Blanton ? Saw Hopkins try to taunt a guy last week after a catch. Looked a lot more spirited & smooth.I thought wow,someone lit a fire there.

Harris is a core special teams guy.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
agree with your thoughts,but have a little difference in opinion. Harris is raw,but Super athletic.I think he will fill out more & could be a very productive TE.
Top 2 totally agree.

Hopkins vs Blanton ? Saw Hopkins try to taunt a guy last week after a catch. Looked a lot more spirited & smooth.I thought wow,someone lit a fire there.

Harris is a core special teams guy.
I thought the idea of him putting on weight was possible when he was drafted, but not now. I've read they don't want him to because they want that speed, and they line him up as a WR, pretty much. I could see him as a "TE" in 2 & 3 TE sets, but that's about it .

Special teams with him, Hopkins, Rochelle and Garrett should be fun this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought the idea of him putting on weight was possible when he was drafted, but not now. I've read they don't want him to because they want that speed, and they line him up as a WR, pretty much. I could see him as a "TE" in 2 & 3 TE sets, but that's about it .

Special teams with him, Hopkins, Rochelle and Garrett should be fun this season.

Yep - don’t forget a Funky times as well. This guy is a smart player. He will be on most teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah TYLER HIGBEEST !!!

Dude could be the best TE The Rams have ever had when his career is said & done!! Maturing nicely

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He needs to keep his big ass on the ground and quit trying to jump through people.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Funny how people
On this forum wanted to get rid of him and Kupp

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO , Tyler Higbee’s time off only helps the whole Rams team. He has been taken a beating the last couple of years.
Dude is a stud,but hit a LoEL & he will only comeback stronger & hungrier for a SuperBowl run. The wear and tear he has taken under a Sean Mcvay’s TE without Johnny Mundt has been more than usual.
I also liked seeing Brycen Hopkins get his first catch as a Ram. He got that ball put away for him.I saw him make sure with the Ref. He must have been on The Rams sideline & a coach had his back.
Kendall Blanton has gotten to take on a bigger role & has shown improvement.Still needs to do better.
Now that HIGBEEST is Back though The Rams offense should only look better. Cooper Kupp keeps saying that’s his guy.They are such good blockers as well.
Robert Woods is missed & his blocking was excellent.Odell though will open things up a little more though with his routes. Cam Akers coming back will only enhance thins as well.

The Rams have an All- Star Roster & Tyler HIGBEEST is a BIG part of it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His RAC has been rather shitty. He seems to go down easily compared to the rest of the Rams receiving weapons, which annoys me given his size. Seems to be as we expected even with the QB upgrade.

But I am happy to get him back. He is a good starter who does it all which at TE is very valuable.

Hate to say this again but Hopkins looked good on that one catch and I would like to see a little more of him. Well, if he manages to dress lol.

dang

Legend
Higbee seems to have regressed. Dropping balls more than I recall and just not being a big part of the passing offenses. But having him is better than our other options at TE.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I would like to see more of Kendall Blanton. He has promise, just needs more reps.