Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah I'm not going to join in on the shit on Akers parade until I hear he did something. I'm pretty sure McVay said the issue wasn't football related at first so not sure what to think.
Well I will take this opportunity to shit on the Rams FO in this particular instance. They should have just traded Cam Akers for peanuts like a future 6th or 7th or cut him before the trade deadline. He doesn't obviously want to be with the Rams anymore. Then they should have signed any depth RB since they obviously weren't going to spend draft capital to trade for one. This whole situation was handled stupidly.

Tano

Legend
He's also been one of the most disappointing players. If you listen to radio and beat reporters he ain't it. Teams don't gameplan around him like Mark Andrews or Travis Kelce.

Go look at his game by game #s. Very low inpact.
I consider Hockenson a better Higbee

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He started talking about "retirement" before the superbowl. They knew exactly what his beef was and had to allow for that.

Good grief
The lengths people go to sometimes instead of just admitting they were wrong.
Donald filed an official retirement letter in May which provoked the Rams to re-up that contract. Which he signed less than 1 month later. The idea that the Rams had planned on a number, which capped the offer to Von (who had made gestures of wanting to stay) and yet witheld it to the point that Donald actually filed a retirement letter is just the most absurd take ever

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anyone does not think the rams knew how much it would take to redo ADs contract then I don’t know what to say. They knew. They waited until the end to finalize simply to make sure they could give him as much as possible. The foundation of it was know well before FA started. It’s laughable to think they didn’t have the details misty worked out numbers wise until the end when he put pen to paper.
Bizarre.
They knew in March exactly what they were gonna give him, but didnt re-up until after he filed a retirement letter in May..
Yeah, that is a fairy tale land for sure

Oh and by the way, they also signed Allen Robinson prior to Miller signing with Buffalo, so if anything THAT contract affected his offer....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief
The lengths people go to sometimes instead of just admitting they were wrong.
Donald filed an official retirement letter in May which provoked the Rams to re-up that contract. Which he signed less than 1 month later. The idea that the Rams had planned on a number, which capped the offer to Von (who had made gestures of wanting to stay) and yet witheld it to the point that Donald actually filed a retirement letter is just the most absurd take ever

I don't give a fuck when he filed for retirement. He was talking about it since before the superbowl. Were you living under a rock?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Heard the Dolphins got Jeff Wilson. Lol, if CMC happens to go down this might really backfire on the 9ers.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It is clear that AD's selfishness factored in to the Rams approach this past offseason. To what extent it changed things nobody knows but certainly it was a factor. I don't think it prevented Von, as the Rams were rightly leery of the guaranteed money down the road. But yes it affected approach.

I mean imagine if they had signed a reasonable OG. Those manageable moves are the ones that disappear when you pay the big guy.
Selfishness?
Getting paid what you’re worth is selfish?
This is pro sports with an artificial salary cap… blame the system if you’d like.. but wanting to get paid? That’s not selfish.

Hell.. what better example could you have for young players on your team?
The guys that work the hardest are being paid the most.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Bizarre.
They knew in March exactly what they were gonna give him, but didnt re-up until after he filed a retirement letter in May..
Yeah, that is a fairy tale land for sure

Oh and by the way, they also signed Allen Robinson prior to Miller signing with Buffalo, so if anything THAT contract affected his offer....
Well done with the straw man argument there. What it would take versus exactly. Classic.

And yes, you are right. All that talk before the game about AD maybe retiring; talk during the parade; etc. Come on be real. All of that - and yet no discussions about AD contract needs until he filed his retirement papers? I’m not buying that. Do you really think they were not talking about this issue before that? He’s priority #1.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well done with the straw man argument there. What it would take versus exactly. Classic.

And yes, you are right. All that talk before the game about AD maybe retiring; talk during the parade; etc. Come on be real. All of that - and yet no discussions about AD contract needs until he filed his retirement papers? I’m not buying that. Do you really think they were not talking about this issue before that? He’s priority #1.
What straw man?
Whatever. Amazing how some cant just admit a simple mistake
Alas, I'll stick with discussing with the grownups

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
People coming after AD when the front office dropped the ball?

Hot takes!!! Hot takes, right here!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People coming after AD when the front office dropped the ball?

Hot takes!!! Hot takes, right here!!!

Coming after AD?

Nah, just don't want to read "poor AD " posts.

Players want to get paid after a superbowl win. He was one of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I will take this opportunity to shit on the Rams FO in this particular instance. They should have just traded Cam Akers for peanuts like a future 6th or 7th or cut him before the trade deadline. He doesn't obviously want to be with the Rams anymore. Then they should have signed any depth RB since they obviously weren't going to spend draft capital to trade for one. This whole situation was handled stupidly.
We've seen this before. The handling of the Gurley situation was bizarre, the "breakup" with Goff was strange (although the correct move of course) and some other pieces that didnt seem to fit. This whole thing has such a bad look to it. Kyren Williams better bring it, that's for sure

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's been a really tough season for the Rams thus far ... and it's been tough for us Rams' fans. As evidenced by some of the posts on this thread and others, it seems to be getting to many of us.

I suggest we all just step back, take a deep breath and remember that we are all Rams' fans. Maybe we each post something nice and complimentary about other posters. Be supportive and show some love.

I'll start.

Ummm ... Hmmm ... Oh, never-mind. Fuck all you assholes.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It's been a really tough season for the Rams thus far ... and it's been tough for us Rams' fans. As evidenced by some of the posts on this thread and others, it seems to be getting to many of us, .

I suggest we all just step back, take a deep breath and remember that we are all Rams' fans. Maybe we each post something nice and complimentary about other posters. Be supportive and show some love.

I'll start.

Hahahaha u piece of shit.....good one

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's been a really tough season for the Rams thus far ... and it's been tough for us Rams' fans. As evidenced by some of the posts on this thread and others, it seems to be getting to many of us.

I'll start.

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It may get rougher I called this months ago and I'm praying I'm wrong but that rat face is open to discussions with Obj. Please God no!!!!! I knew if no Cali team especially us would sign him we would reach this point. Bring him back hopefully he wants to save his family or think he can but I'm sure bridge burned especially with cooks talk. Just go anywhere but there. Don't force us to hate you. Shit day now worse.