Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's been a really tough season for the Rams thus far ... and it's been tough for us Rams' fans. As evidenced by some of the posts on this thread and others, it seems to be getting to many of us.

I suggest we all just step back, take a deep breath and remember that we are all Rams' fans. Maybe we each post something nice and complimentary about other posters. Be supportive and show some love.

I'll start.

Ummm ... Hmmm ... Oh, never-mind. Fuck all you assholes.

I love you, too. :p

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's not even remotely close to what happened, and I cant understand why people want that to be.
Basically one would have to believe he used his kids in PA as a pawn for more $$, which knowing what we know about him that isnt the case.
The Rams did right by the guy, and instead of feeling pride for our team in doing the right thing, people would rather character assassinate one of the best players of all time. For what I have no idea.
That’s what happened. He came back for the money. Otherwise he retires. You put a lot of faith in agents not playing games.

Donald was talking about it on ‘I am athlete’ podcast. He said in the end it’s just business. Referring to why you play. He wasnt staying under his current contract.

Now if he never mentions retiring and the Rams gave him a raise, then you’d have a good case.

Last edited:

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
He was under contract until 2025, so he didnt have any leverage. And his contract signing didnt prevent any free agent signings, since his cap number remained fairly static, and was completed after all other moves were made including extensions for Stafford and Kupp . The guy has far outplayed his contract and the team rewarded him for it.
Cant understand why some of the fan base want to vilify the guy

100% agreed. The guy has played at a pro bowl/all pro level since basically his rookie year and is the most dominant defensive player in the league...

yet the fan base chooses to use him as a scapegoat for "losing von" which is completely false...but they don't pass on any "blame" to stafford, noteboom, kupp, allen, or havenstein who all received pay raises/extensions which affected Rams' ability to guarantee Von's salary in year 3 of the offer they made to him...funny how that works considering Rams don't expect Donald to be on the roster by that 3rd year would've kicked in...

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That’s what happened. He came back for the money. Otherwise he retires. You put a lot of faith in agents not playing games.

Donald was talking about it on ‘I am athlete’ podcast. He said in the end it’s just business. Referring to why you play. He wasnt staying under his current contract.

Now if he never mentions retiring and the Rams gave him a raise, then you’d have a good case.
He’s dug a hole and laying in it. Can’t & won’t listen to reason and facts. Deeper and deeper - doesn’t matter. You (& me) are off moving on.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
He’s dug a hole and laying in it. Can’t & won’t listen to reason and facts. Deeper and deeper - doesn’t matter. You (& me) are off moving on.

"Donald cost us players" is not a fact...The Rams offered Von more $$$ than BUF point blank...no one has been able to articulate what exactly Donald's extension has cost the team...just a vague (and inaccurate) statement being repeated over and over again...

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
You guys all know we lost Von because our inability to guarantee any of his contract because of our projected cap situation in 2024/2025 right? Which is due to the contract extensions to Stafford, Noteboom, Kupp, Floyd, Allen, Havenstein, and swapping out Woods' contract for ARob..

Again, Aaron Donald will not be on the roster by the time Von's 3rd year would've kicked in...

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
You guys all know we lost Von because our inability to guarantee any of his contract because of our projected cap situation in 2024/2025 right? Which is due to the contract extensions to Stafford, Noteboom, Kupp, Floyd, Allen, Havenstein, and swapping out Woods' contract for ARob..

Again, Aaron Donald will not be on the roster by the time Von's 3rd year would've kicked in...
ADs restructuring caused there to be 19.5m dead cap hit in that 3rd year regardless even if he retires. That was not there before the restructuring. So yeah, that money could have been used for someone else. I for one hope it’s AD playing in 2024 as a Ram.
Also, it appears there is a 5m dead cap hit in 2026 from the restructuring.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I’m still waiting to hear the real deal on what happened. Not knowing for sure is fueling some daunting speculations.
shit I would have traded him for a bag of peanuts. He's doing us no good on the bench, and no good when he's playing. So what gives Rams? You think he's going to be your savior when he starts playing again? As far as I remember he was missing holes, assignments, and blocks. Nah, I think the Rams received dick for Akers and they're just trying to save face. Meh

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams were affective in the first half, until the Niners changed the defense to a six man front. They didn’t do that to the Chiefs that I recall, it would be riskier against Mahomes imo.
Interesting point. So running QBs may be the niners’ Kryptonite? Possibly? I wonder how they have done against running QBs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From Jourdan on her podcast.

The Rams, nor any team was never trading for Brandon Cooks because of his guaranteed contract.

The Rams were never pursuing Kareem Hunt.

They were in on some big deals mostly involving pass rushers.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Cooks trying to go obj route and get cut. That's funny he may end up a ram just yet lololol

MadGoat

Mathematically alive