Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
$16.M CAP hit for 2023, so I doubt it.

That means nothing he can have his contract reworked and if you make a trade like that you want him long term. Again obviously no AD but a good person to pass that torch to.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
One thing management knows is a lot of the fans in LA are fickle if they don't show for a Superbowl champion what will happen if this team rebuild or goes into the tank for Lord knows how long. As rich as Kroenke is an empty SoFi would be crippling. He knows the deal does anyone think especially still trying to really dig in that foundation for the future that the Rams could afford to be bad for a long stretch.

My point is I think if there is a 24 year old ascending star like Jalen Ramsey to acquire and possibly take that torch from AD or maybe any other you player I believe they will trade whatever picks are necessary. The fan base isn't yet strong enough to handle a run of bad years.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing management knows is a lot of the fans in LA are fickle if they don't show for a Superbowl champion what will happen if this team rebuild or goes into the tank for Lord knows how long. As rich as Kroenke is an empty SoFi would be crippling. He knows the deal does anyone think especially still trying to really dig in that foundation for the future that the Rams could afford to be bad for a long stretch.

My point is I think if there is a 24 year old ascending star like Jalen Ramsey to acquire and possibly take that torch from AD or maybe any other you player I believe they will trade whatever picks are necessary. The fan base isn't yet strong enough to handle a run of bad years.
You are underestimating the value of excellent coaching and front office. Such assets can make a below average team into at least a medicre/decent team. McVay won't let the team have a stretch of bad years like in St Louis.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That means nothing he can have his contract reworked and if you make a trade like that you want him long term. Again obviously no AD but a good person to pass that torch to.

Explain what you mean by no AD.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You are underestimating the value of excellent coaching and front office. Such assets can make a below average team into at least a medicre/decent team. McVay won't let the team have a stretch of bad years like in St Louis.

I'm not underestimating anything that's basically what I'm saying. I just am saying that they probably stick to the formula not try first round picks and hope and pray they hit while waiting etc. La fans won't go for that I mean it's clearly obvious we just won a Superbowl. I just believe that to keep it going a trade for a young ascending already producing on a crap team player and if they can pull it off eff them picks wether it would be Burns or another young player. That's how they stay relevant.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Explain what you mean by no AD.

I mean he isn't the dominant player AD is as we all know AD is generational but he still would be a great dude to soften the blow when and if AD walks away and at least keep the torch lit just won't be nearly as bright. AD will go down as one of the best ever. I'm sure you know that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I mean he isn't the dominant player AD is as we all know AD is generational but he still would be a great dude to soften the blow when and if AD walks away and at least keep the torch lit just won't be nearly as bright. AD will go down as one of the best ever. I'm sure you know that.

OK, but you still haven't explained how we can pay Burns going forward. The rest of 2022 is no problem, although if you're planning on extending him long term, he'll likely want a Floyd type contract or more, so if you cut Floyd and eat his 'dead' money, then it might work, otherwise I'm not seeing how you pay for the guy. Please explain.

fearsomefour

Legend
A 24 year old pass rusher....the line of suiters will be long.
Rams will have to give multiple picks (including the 1 next year to get him).

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
OK, but you still haven't explained how we can pay Burns going forward. The rest of 2022 is no problem, although if you're planning on extending him long term, he'll likely want a Floyd type contract or more, so if you cut Floyd and eat his 'dead' money, then it might work, otherwise I'm not seeing how you pay for the guy. Please explain.
You asked me about "no AD" That's what I answered.
I'm not a capologist but there are ways as the Rams have proven many times over.

Having said that you can give him a Floyd type deal by making the cap hit the first year very little like they did for Floyd. That's all without factoring in how much the cap will be increased as all we hear is it's substantial the next few years.

There are ways if they want a certain player bad enough.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Right if they have a chance might be something we aren't even expecting however not that Akers is a huge needle pusher but if CMC goes to buffalo a cheap RB with upside a 2nd rounder is wt he was as well as picks and yes that 1st rounder this year's 2nd or 3rd etc.

Carolina might be of the thinking that the Rams are already treading downward imagine 2024 if AD retired they might be inclined to think the ship has sunk.

dang

Legend
Yep. Need to consider more affordable options. If the want a run this year they need to find a solid OG, Edge, and WR2 . I consider Jefferson a solid WR3.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm all for upgrading certain positions and we could use another good edge/pass rusher but Stafford will be crippled if we don't fix the O-line.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Go all in again and trade for Burns and CMC with Allen Robinson + Akers + a bunch of picks…. Make a madden move

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm all for upgrading certain positions and we could use another good edge/pass rusher but Stafford will be crippled if we don't fix the O-line.
There really is not way to fix it other than getting healthy and playing better.
O lineman are hard to find period...in season, forget about it.
Skura and Aboushi were good in season pick ups actually as journeyman types. Anything beyond that isn't really realistic probably.