Top 10 UFA Targets (internal and external)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Don't sleep on Josh Uche (Cheatriots). He's had injury issues, but he had twelve sacks a season ago in limited snaps (he never started for the Cheatriots for whatever reason.)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Situation to monitor… Khalil Mack.
Interesting thought
He's 33, in the last year of his deal that will pay him about 23 mill in '24
Cant see that they would release him coming off that monster year, but a trade would offer quite a bit of cap relief
Or of course, they can just extend him a couple years
Definitely one to watch, great call

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We will have a new DC. I wonder how that impacts the approach to the off-season. Will the Rams promote internally or go outside hire? How will the new DC view the current players on the roster and want to utilize them? Will he play a similar scheme? Lots of questions now on the side of the ball that needs the most improvement.

Give me either Edge Rusher the Bills don't sign, AJ Espensa or Shaq Lawson. The Bills are in a cap mess, and can't sign both. Either one, would be a major upgrade, and would help us

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes, which is probably why he played less than 50% of the Jets’ defensive snaps. On the plus side, though, his 10 sacks in only 480 snaps was outstanding.

Don't sleep on Josh Uche (Cheatriots). He's had injury issues, but he had twelve sacks a season ago in limited snaps (he never started for the Cheatriots for whatever reason.)
Have to think both those guys are in play. Adding a rush threat on pass downs should be a lot cheaper than a starter level signing at that position on the market. And it positions the Rams to still take a top edge if one falls to us or to take a shot on a rotation type who comes in with good contain and then that FA handles the rush downs.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We will have a new DC. I wonder how that impacts the approach to the off-season. Will the Rams promote internally or go outside hire? How will the new DC view the current players on the roster and want to utilize them? Will he play a similar scheme? Lots of questions now on the side of the ball that needs the most improvement.
Great questions.

Will he tailor the scheme to maximize the talent on D?

Only free agent I want, is take which ever Edge Rusher the Bills don't sign. That being AJ Espensa or Shaq Lawson.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m willing to admit when I’m wrong (I did so that one other time it happened), so I’m officially dropping Chase Young off the list. I’ll put Jonathan Greenard in the No. 10 spot instead.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Danielle Hunter can’t be tagged.
He’s had double digit sacks 4 of last 5 years and more than 14 3 of 5.
He’s the guy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Danielle Hunter can’t be tagged.
He’s had double digit sacks 4 of last 5 years and more than 14 3 of 5.
He’s the guy.
I think the team that goes for 5+ years will get him.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Fowler
With Donald: 24 games, 13.5 sacks
Without Donald: 101 games, 31.5 sacks

Floyd
With Donald: 50 games, 29 sacks
Without Donald: 71 games, 29 sacks

The Donald effect is real!!!

Definitely true but Floyd tied his career high in sacks this season in Buffalo. Last 4 years (10.5, 9.5, 9, 10.5).

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Years don’t matter much. It’s the guaranteed money. It could be 15 years and it’s meaningless without the guaranteed money to back it up. I’d say two-three years (depending on guy) guaranteed money on a 5 year deal for a top FA. That’s what I’d do.