Tom Brady suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Tom Brady be suspended?

• 2 games

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 4 games

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • 6 games

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 8 games

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • The whole season

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Who are you kidding? He won't be suspended at all

Votes: 47 32.9%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The only reason I'm starting a new thread on this topic is because the other two threads had no poll, and I likes me some polls. :cool: My guess is he will be suspended for four games.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...spend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

Tom Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected next week
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tom Brady will be the highest profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.

Roger Goodell's decision is expected to be announced next week and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him.

In conversations I've had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady's role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion: Brady cheated.

The feeling is the Wells Report supplied Goodell with enough ammunition to suspend Brady both for breaking the rules by ordering the deflation of footballs and by not cooperating with the investigation when he refused to turn over his cell phone to Wells’ investigators.

The only question now is how many games with which Goodell will hit the league’s star player?

Estimates have been all over the map. My feeling is he will wind up with two games, whether that is the initial discipline handed out or whether he is hit with four and ends up with two after an appeal..

The Miami Herald reported Brady's suspension could be as much as the entire 2015 season. Sources insist that is way off and not going to happen. There were reports in Boston on Friday on CSNNE that the Patriots fear Goodell could hit Brady with a 6-to-8 game suspension. Others have estimated 2-to-4 games.

Brady will not likely be the only one disciplined in DeflateGate. The Patriots could be fined, just as they were in SpyGate in 2007. Bill Belichick, who was hit with a $500,000 fine for running his spying operation, could also face sanctions, although Wells’ report did not link him to the deflating of the footballs.

Precedent is important. Remember, Asshole Face was not implicated in BountyGate, but Goodell still suspended him for the 2012 season, saying ignorance is not an excuse. Belichick runs the Patriots’ football operation, so it will be interesting to see if Goodell, who is not exactly fond of Belichick, ultimately holds him responsible because the whole thing it happened under his watch.

Clearly, any games Brady misses reduces the chance Belichick and the Patriots have to repeat as Super Bowl champions.

Second-year backup Jimmy Garoppolo better start warming up in the bullpen. But even if the Pats are without Brady for more than a few games, Bill Belichick is very resourceful.

In 2008, following the Patriots’ 16-0 regular season, Brady suffered a season ending torn ACL in the first quarter of the first game. In came Matt Cassel and the Pats finished 11-5, although they missed the playoffs on tiebreakers.

Considering how soft Goodell was in originally giving Ray Rice just a two-game suspension for slugging his future wife in an elevator — there were enough details about what happened for a stiffer suspension even before the second elevator video surfaced — how can Goodell possibly justify giving Brady 6-to-8 games?

This is not the outcome the NFL wanted out of the long investigation by Ted Wells. Brady and Peyton Manning together have been the faces of the league for more than a decade and this is not at all like Goodell having to suspend miscreants like Rice, Adrian Peterson and Greg Hardy for various degrees of domestic violence. This is Tom Brady, four-time Super Bowl champion, three-time Super Bowl MVP, husband to the world’s most famous supermodel and, at least to this point, everything Goodell wanted representing the NFL shield.

Meanwhile, sources say NFL owners are watching closely how Goodell deals not only with Brady but with the Patriots as well.

Wells’ constant use of "more probable than not" in explaining Brady's role is the standard the NFL was looking for to find him in violation of the rules. The league considers that as good as guilty and just a way of phrasing it in legal terms.

Two days ago, former Bills, Panthers and Colts GM Bill Polian, a former member of the competition committee, said on ESPN that the phrase “is the standard of proof that the NFL has used for about seven years or so that means in English: they're guilty. ... This is not running through a stop sign, this is not speeding five miles over the limit. This is a serious competitive violation that has to be treated as such by the league."

No matter how many games Goodell suspends Brady, the Jets’ chances of closing the gap on their long-time tormentors has just increased significantly.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm hoping for a 5 season ban, but it'll probably be 4 games, maybe reduced to 2 on appeal.
Fingers crossed Ey Rams Fans :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Should be more than 4 but that's what I voted. Won't surprise me if he serves 2 after appeal.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Four games. And if they're smart, they'll emphasize the non-cooperation as part of the reason - harder to win on appeal. IIRC, he said he didn't really know one of the ball boys, and then it turned out he knew him well.

And I'm hoping for something serious against Belicheat and the Cheatriots too. Even any sort of suspension for Big Bill, and a fine and a loss of draft pick for New England, will turn the sweet taste of Super Bowl victory to ashes in the mouths of their fans, as they'll have to acknowledge the cheating deep in their hearts, even if they still publically deny that their team were cheaters.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My guess is that they will
Investigate it for 3 years, and he will retire in 2.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm hoping that it's the entire season for Tom Bitchy, Bill Belicheat, a huge fine for Kraft, and the loss of at least two picks, including their first.

I'm expecting that the team gets a fine at the most, by the time it's all said and done.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
It SHOULD be the entire season just because he didn't cooperate. My guess is only 2 games after appeal.....

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
As much as I want his ass suspended, i dont think anythings happening to him. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Considering this isn't the first time the have been implicated or found guilty at least 2 games should be warranted. Regular season games would be better lol

They should give him more considering his 'infraction' was in the playoffs.

Alan

Legend
2105 with the winner:
I picked 6, but forever works too.
I picked 12 because I wanted to send some positive vibes in that direction. But I like yours much better. :LOL:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm betting they don't suspend him, but if they do, my money would be on 2 games.

I think most skeptics agree with you. Part of me does too.

But the data is pretty strong against T-pussy and I think it sticks. It's a NFL integrity deal.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Patsies have been Goodell's pet franchise for years.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I chose two, but the NFL has proven quits inconsistent as far as disaplineary procedures go.

All I know is, Bill had better be included in the league's punishement.