Tom Brady speculation thread (to Bucs)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tom Brady

• Stays in New England

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Moves to another team

Votes: 42 35.6%
  • Retires

Votes: 26 22.0%

• Total voters

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Rumor: Tom Brady a ‘real’ option for 49ers

The San Francisco 49ers are now being linked to Tom Brady in free agency. While Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston says the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans are the favorites for Brady’s services, he believes the 49ers are a “real” possibility:

View: https://twitter.com/maddogradio/status/1234938751459250177?s=21

Of course, many of these rumors involving Brady should be taken with a grain of salt right now. After all, Brady to the 49ers doesn’t make much sense outside of him playing for his hometown.

Despite it seeming crazy, Deion Sanders also shared the same idea as Curran. The Hall of Fame cornerback believes that Brady will sign with the 49ers. Then, San Francisco would proceed to trade Jimmy Garoppolo to the Patriots.

San Francisco acquired Garoppolo from the New England Patriots in a trade back in 2017. Prior to being sent to the 49ers, Garoppolo actually served as Brady’s backup for the Patriots for three seasons. Why would the 49ers, who just made a Super Bowl, get rid of Garoppolo in favor of a 42-year-old Brady?

While Garoppolo isn’t an elite quarterback, he’s entering his third full season as a starter. Plus, it’s important to note that he still has three years remaining on his current contract and the 49ers believe he can be their long-term solution.

There’s no doubt that some fans and possibly Brady would be on board with the idea of him signing with the 49ers. But unless something changes San Francisco’s mind on Garoppolo, he will be the starting quarterback in 2020.

This makes no sense at all

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Would have been tough to dump Knox after three years 73-75, Vermeil's first year in Philadelphia was 1976. Knox had gone 12-2 in 73 and was coach of the year, 10-4 in 74 and back to 12-2 in 1975 although losing a home playoff game to the Cowboys 37-7 in the NFC Championship Game.

My issue was 1978 after CR (Carroll Rosenbloom) shuffled Knox off to Buffalo, he wanted to hire Stanford Head Coach Bill Walsh, but the hangup was that Walsh wanted to be GM & Head Coach and Rosonebloom loved Kloserman. They were close to agreeing to contract, but at the last minute, CR went with George Allen and IMO, things would have been so different if CR stuck with his gut and hired Bill Walsh.

https://diva.sfsu.edu/collections/sfbatv/bundles/225540

View attachment 33214
Somewhere there might be a parallel universe where we won 4 Super Bowls in the 80s.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Re: Brady's landing spot... Keep in mind this dude has been around a long time and knows the importance of who's drawing it up, as well as the quality of players around him.

He won't go to the Chargers. Probably won't do the Raiders either. Knowing he's only got a year or two left, he'll sign with the team that provides him the best chance to win it all. So yeah. 9ers would be the type of team that fits those things.

Re: the pay... I don't know that he would prioritize that over winning. He's going to want to rub shit in the Patriots' faces.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Brady's landing spot... Keep in mind this dude has been around a long time and knows the importance of who's drawing it up, as well as the quality of players around him.

He won't go to the Chargers. Probably won't do the Raiders either. Knowing he's only got a year or two left, he'll sign with the team that provides him the best chance to win it all. So yeah. 9ers would be the type of team that fits those things.

I still think it’s a long shot he leaves New England... But if he does, this ^ will be his strategy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s such an attention who-er
He’s going nowhere. But he’ll soak up all the attention in the meantime.
Should be the off season of Mahomes coronation to the top of the nfl QB landscape.
Instead it’s old tired azzed Brady talk.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I still think it’s a long shot he leaves New England... But if he does, this ^ will be his strategy.

I see where this sign and trade would be good for both teams and one hell of an interesting story throughout the 2020 season but I too think brady stays in cheat town.

If he does move this would be the best situation and i believe his preference

Flint

Pro Bowler
I just read the niners would’ve won it all if they had Tom, ouch,
The Chiefs had 4 sacks against the mobile Jimmy G what happens if it’s Brady. I find it amusing that they’re considering dumping Garapalo for what’s left of Brady, and I don’t believe they improve a huge amount with Brady, I don’t think their a shoo in for the SB or even the division. Hopefully the Niners have damaged JG’s fragile ego.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s such an attention who-er
He’s going nowhere. But he’ll soak up all the attention in the meantime.
Should be the off season of Mahomes coronation to the top of the nfl QB landscape.
Instead it’s old tired azzed Brady talk.
and even more egregious, he's stealing Buzz around the return of Jared Goff to the upper echelon of QB greatness, the bastids!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tennessee shouldn't let Tannehill leave. Brady can't make those longer throws like Tannehill can. Brady's arm looked tired much of last year. He can't put enough zip on the ball when needed on deeper throws, especially on deep outs. Tennessee has a power run game. They need to push the DBs back if they want to create space for Henry. Brady's dink and dunk style won't do that.

San Francisco makes sense to a small. Degree in that Brady doesn't get interception prone under pressure. Plus his leadership would help that offense. But the deep passing game would suffer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tennessee shouldn't let Tannehill leave. Brady can't make those longer throws like Tannehill can. Brady's arm looked tired much of last year. He can't put enough zip on the ball when needed on deeper throws, especially on deep outs. Tennessee has a power run game. They need to push the DBs back if they want to create space for Henry. Brady's dink and dunk style won't do that.

San Francisco makes sense to a small. Degree in that Brady doesn't get interception prone under pressure. Plus his leadership would help that offense. But the deep passing game would suffer.

I tend to agree, but... do you trust Tannehill the same?

There were a LOT of stories out of Miami about Tannehill being a bit of a jerk. Those kind of QB’s ride the wave in good times, but when things get tough that extra level of leadership isn’t there.

I don’t know Tannehill, of course, but he sounds like Jay Cutler with these characteristics.... and a contract of any length would make me nervous.

So... while maybe the lesser thrower, give me Brady if I am Tennessee.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have finally spoken.

The two connected by phone Tuesday, and their conversation about Brady’s pending free agency “didn’t go well,” per a source.

It was the first time Belichick had contacted Brady about his contract situation, and the Patriots’ plans going forward. The source wouldn’t shed further light on the discussion, or the particulars, other than noting it wasn’t all that fruitful.

While the contract talks appear to be off to a rocky start, it doesn’t necessarily preclude the team from signing its six-time Super Bowl winner.

But starting off on the wrong foot certainly doesn’t help. The market for Brady’s services has been “very good,” according to the source. Multiple teams have expressed an interest. The latest rumors ensnared the San Francisco 49ers and described an almost fairytale finish, with Brady going home to play for the team he rooted for as a child.

A source indicated Tuesday there was definitely something to that speculation in the wake of NBC Sports Boston’s Tom Curran reporting the Niners were “closing hard on the outside.”

The long-rumored suitors remain involved, too; namely the Titans. The Chargers and Buccaneers are also in the mix. But both the Niners and Titans make the most sense for No. 12, if he opts to leave the Patriots.

The way this is headed, Brady won’t be making his decision until after free agency starts, as the Patriots quarterback is due to become an unrestricted free agent March 18.

Teams such as the Titans and Buccaneers both have quarterbacks also set to hit free agency in Ryan Tannehill and Jameis Winston. It makes no sense to go all-in on Brady, then if he goes back to New England, they are left without a quarterback. So teams are treading carefully.

With Belichick being Belichick, that shouldn’t necessarily be a surprise. He’s not the type to be all warm and fuzzy when it comes to business. But in this negotiation, having Belichick not peel back a layer from his all-business side likely didn’t sit well with No. 12. He’s looking for a sign from Belichick that the head coach wants him back.

That didn’t happen.

On an Instagram live stream with USC president Dana White on Wednesday, Brady once again expressed that he was “trying to be patient through this process.” He also indicated he would be having a “little vacation” with the family and be devoted to family time the next 10 to 12 days.

Speaking with Hall of Fame quarterback and NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner last week at the NFL’s Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, he wasn’t sure which direction Brady was headed. But he thought that would depend on the GOAT’s true mindset.

“I’m sure in Tom’s mind somewhere, there’s a leaning that he has,” said Warner. “Is that leaning, ‘I really want to be a Patriot? I just want to know they’re committed to me.’ Or is that leaning, ‘I want to see what life is like away from Bill Belichick and outside the Patriots organization and I want to see if I can win somewhere else.’ ’’

Right now, it’s leaning toward the latter situation.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I just read the niners would’ve won it all if they had Tom, ouch,
The Chiefs had 4 sacks against the mobile Jimmy G what happens if it’s Brady. I find it amusing that they’re considering dumping Garapalo for what’s left of Brady, and I don’t believe they improve a huge amount with Brady, I don’t think their a shoo in for the SB or even the division. Hopefully the Niners have damaged JG’s fragile ego.

It would be beyond foolish. Garrapolo is good enough to win games and make playoff runs. Will they win SBs with him? Maybe, maybe not. But his age alone is why you don't do this. You get maybe one good year out of Brady, versus 10 from Garropolo.

If you do this, who's your QB in 2022 Kyle? :unsure:

Ram65

Legend
Hope he goes to the Colts or Titans. I think he is not going back to the Patsies.

Brady as a Whiner would be hard to take. A lot of things would have to happen like trading Jimmy G which in the long term isn't a good idea.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: Titans Believe They Have 'Pretty Good Chance' of Landing Tom Brady

At this point in the offseason there's seem to be only one team that has the capability of giving Tom Brady everything he wants other than the New England Patriots: the Tennessee Titans.

As a team who is head-coached by former Patriot Mike Vrabel, has a young, explosive offense and defense and a bright future, Tennessee should be considered a legitimate threat in the Tom Brady sweepstakes. And according to one ESPN insider, the Titans also feel like they have a "pretty good chance" of signing Brady this offseason.

Here is what ESPN insider Jeremy Fowler had to say about Tennessee and Brady this morning on ESPN's "Get Up!".

"I was told the Titans believe that they have a pretty good chance in a head-to-head match-up with the Patriots to land Tom Brady," he said. "I'm also told there is a mystery team, a third team that is in the mix."

View: https://twitter.com/getupespn/status/1235928254101573636?s=21

Fowler isn't necessarily telling us anything that is surprising. With all the offensive weapons they have and with $47 million to spend this offseason, there's plenty of reason to believe with the addition of Brady and some other added pieces the Titans could compete for a championship in 2020. Couple that with Brady teaming up with longtime friend Mike Vrabel, and it's hard to come up with many reasons why the 42-year-old QB wouldn't want to go to the Titans.

What's also intriguing is that Fowler added that a third, mystery team is in the mix for Brady. Is it someone that has been rumored to be in the mix like the Raiders, 49ers, Chargers, or Buccaneers? Or is it another team that has not even been mentioned in rumorville? That wasn't made clear.

With 12 days remaining until free agency opens up, it appears the Titans are the clear favorites outside of New England to sign the six-time Super Bowl champion quarterback. And according to Fowler's report, Tennessee is well aware of their strong odds.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Report: Buccaneers willing to give Tom Brady control over roster, playbook, plays

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't expected to limit their efforts to land the biggest free agent of the offseason: Tom Brady.

"(The Buccaneers) would love to have Tom Brady," ESPN's Dianna Russini said on "Get Up!" on Tuesday, citing a conversation with team representatives. "They are willing to give Tom Brady the things he needs, he wants. And some of those things that Brady wants: Control over the roster; he wants to be part of the playbook, or at least making decisions on the play-calling."

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times also believes the Buccaneers will go all-in on the New England Patriots signal-caller.

Jameis Winston has led Tampa Bay's offense since the franchise selected him first overall in 2015. But Winston, who's thrown for an average of 4,386 yards and 27 touchdowns against 20 interceptions per 16 games over the course of his career, is also set to hit free agency this offseason.

Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said in February the team would bring Winston back for the 2020 season unless a superior free-agent quarterback emerged.

Tampa Bay checks what might be one of the most important boxes for Brady in free agency: The club boasts one of the NFL's best wide receiver duos. Mike Evans topped 1,000 receiving yards for the sixth straight season in 2019, while Chris Godwin led the team in receptions (86), yards (1,333), and touchdowns (nine).

The Buccaneers averaged 28.6 points per game in 2019, the third-best mark in the league.

Brady, 42, threw for 4,057 yards and 24 touchdowns while tossing eight interceptions last season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah..... Not going to sugar coat it. I hope that piece of shit goes somewhere and the O-line ends up sucking. I want to see that douche running for his life on every play. If he lights it up then, I MIGHT give him some kudos.

I can't think of any other player I wish failure upon more than fucking Tammy Brady. Eat a bag of dicks TB.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah..... Not going to sugar coat it. I hope that piece of shit goes somewhere and the O-line ends up sucking. I want to see that douche running for his life on every play. If he lights it up then, I MIGHT give him some kudos.

I can't think of any other player I wish failure upon more than fucking Tammy Brady. Eat a bag of dicks TB.

Hey Tom...

Thou may ingest a satchel of Richard's.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

Report: Buccaneers willing to give Tom Brady control over roster, playbook, plays

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't expected to limit their efforts to land the biggest free agent of the offseason: Tom Brady.

"(The Buccaneers) would love to have Tom Brady," ESPN's Dianna Russini said on "Get Up!" on Tuesday, citing a conversation with team representatives. "They are willing to give Tom Brady the things he needs, he wants. And some of those things that Brady wants: Control over the roster; he wants to be part of the playbook, or at least making decisions on the play-calling."

Brady "OK, Bruce. First thing is we need to do is get our tight ends more involved, In New Eng...."

Arians "Sorry Tom, this isn't going to work. NEXT!!!"