The “Who’ll be back in 2022” Poll (Version 1.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who will be back in 2022?

• Andrew Whitworth

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Johnny Hekker

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Brian Allen

Votes: 56 61.5%
  • Austin Corbett

Votes: 71 78.0%
  • Sony Michel

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Von Miller

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Odell Beckham, Jr.

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • Sebastian Joseph-Day

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joseph Noteboom

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • Darious Williams

Votes: 26 28.6%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Which of the following players (FAs to be, aging vets) do you believe will be back in 2022?

I’m asking now so I can ask again at the end of the season and we can compare results.

Vote for as many as you’d like.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, Boom, Miller & OBJ will be back I believe the last two on a cap friendly deal. Whit retires, clearing the way for Noteboom to be the starting LT. Also I believe they bring back Corbett because they have no other alternative and somehow, someway, they sign a Center and let Allen walk.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Who'll be back? Shoot I wanna know what coaches we're gonna fire and what players we're gonna cut.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m not sure what Beckham’s contract looks like right now. I expect Miller to be back, Noteboom, Allen and Corbett should be back.

I’m a fan of continuity, changing too much in one year leads to chaos.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tough call man. I don't feel comfortable making that call either until we see who are the guys we can count on for the games ahead.

Tons of risk across the board though. Not one of those guys is a slam dunk IMO.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a tough call man. I don't feel comfortable making that call either until we see who are the guys we can count on for the games ahead.

Tons of risk across the board though. Not one of those guys is a slam dunk IMO.
That's why I did the poll now. It will be interesting to see if our expectations now match-up to how we're feeling when the season is over.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My votes:

Whitworth: no (retire).
Hekker: no (we'll go with a cheaper option).
Allen: yes (cost effective option/won't need to break the bank).
Corbett: yes (same as Allen).
Michel: no (Akers returns).
Miller: yes (I think he'll want to stay and will work with us).
OBJ: a somewhat hesitant yes but, with Woods' injury, I think we find a way.
SJD: yes (an affordable quality player).
Noteboom: Yes (Whit's replacement)
DWill: No at this point. He'll need a strong finish to change my mind.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's why I did the poll now. It will be interesting to see if our expectations now match-up to how we're feeling when the season is over.

Fair nuff. I guess for now I'd go with Allen for sure, assuming he stays healthy. Because he should get better with experience on his calls. Not a dominating guy but should be affordable and we don't have anyone else to hope can spell him plus the Rams are going to want a toy with that first pick in round 3 so it's the easy call to just lock up Allen.

OBJ is young enough and has high end talent the likes of which the Rams never draft early enough to get. So I think they will prioritize keeping him. What that looks like no idea and it depends on how he plays of course. But I think at a minimum he sticks around for at least one year to get a good look at him when he fully has the offense down.

Von plays a big money position on defense and is long in the tooth with a lot of mileage. So I think he is probably gone, barring him playing like a beast down the stretch. But at this point I don't see the return on him vs the risk though I hope he shows me to be incorrect there. Keeping him will be top money so for now FA departure and scoop that comp pick.

Corbs has been good but the Rams have depth they like and should be able to fill OG. So he's probably gone. Rams always use depth in their considerations and tend to keep the highest performing types so with Corbs both sides spell FA exit.

Noteboom is a really risky signing. He just doesn't have a big sample size and paying him even low end LT starter money is more than I would be willing to do. I would let him walk barring a situation where he replaces Whit down the stretch and plays well for us through the sched and playoffs. Likely departure IMO.

Hekk is under contract with recent restructure so he's not really a question. They had his replacement in house tbh this camp and kept him so he's gonna get another year.

Whit I think this is his last season.

Michel would be easy to keep if they want him cost-wise so he is purely a "how he plays" option. He is learning a new offense here though which makes it hard. I'm guessing they offer him a low cost contract and keep him around because he should be getting plenty of opportunity down the stretch we are going to need him. Makes the roster look less desperate at RB.

Williams has played his way out of LA. Very unlikely they keep him at this point.

SJD is the one departure that is going to hurt on defense, him being a home grown guy. But teams will offer more for a rotational run stuffer on the market than the Rams will.

So for me right now only Allen, OBJ, and Hekk from your list will stick around. Michel is in play if the Rams want him. The rest would need to accept lower offers than FA market and that's the cost of having a star studded roster.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I almost clicked on none of them but I realized that if we don't bring back the linemen we won't be able to field an O line at all.
The question is going to be, if we don't advance in the playoffs, will they just trade off all of our marque players to get back draft picks and start over?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I almost clicked on none of them but I realized that if we don't bring back the linemen we won't be able to field an O line at all.
The question is going to be, if we don't advance in the playoffs, will they just trade off all of our marque players to get back draft picks and start over?
I don't think that's an option. Rams have money coming off the books. So they are going to have a FA heavy offseason with middle of the road types to supplement the roster holes and maybe one big money type at say LT or ROLB.

Von might be that ROLB big money type depends on how he plays. And if they don't like what's out there at LT they might just tag Boom and let him start one season to prove he can do it before they pay him big money but either way the positions where everything sort of orbits around are the cornerstone spots like LT and OLB. The remainder they'll fill with depth guys moving up or FA.

Now TE may also be interesting. But that fits the offensive toy pick that McVay tends to love with his earliest pick so we'll see. Rams should be able to add a middling type or a castoff who can function as TE2 if they aren't looking to upgrade TE1.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My votes:

That mirrors exactly my picks...OBJ is my biggest question...Money matters and I only said yes because I don't know how much juice Woods will have early in the year..

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I went with the young guys across the board.

Seabass, Corbett, Allen and Noteboom. All young veterans who may not have peaked yet.
OBJ and/or Miller are possible and maybe Michel depending on how this season closes out.

Could possibly see our FA money spent in-house.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
My votes:

Not so sure about DWill. He's been injured. Imo when healthy he can really play. Maybe now after an off year Rams can afford to sign him.

In any event, cb will be at the top of their list of priorities one way or another. The inability of anyone other than Ramsay to really play man to man may be the root cause of the Rams' soft zone coverage.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I went with Allen, Miller & Noteboom.

I think the price they paid for Miller compels them to keep him because he doesn’t factor in the comp formula like younger players.
Corbett & SJD are playing into pretty good sized contracts.

There aren’t many LT options out there, that’s why I settled on Noteboom.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
My votes:

AvengerRam,
I agree with all of your choices except SJD; just feel that some team is going to make him a huge offer that the Rams can't/won't match.

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like Corbett, probably the best of the OL, but it's easier to replace an OG than a C or LT. Thus I would lean to keeping Allen & Noteboom over him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
AvengerRam,
I agree with all of your choices except SJD; just feel that some team is going to make him a huge offer that the Rams can't/won't match.

~ArkyRamsFan~
That’s my thought. They also drafted Brown, so, he’ll need to step up.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My votes:

Not enough $$ for all that...

I am guessing ...

Noteboom - critical position

Allen - same as above

Miller - gave up too much for him, so almost have to unless he is cooked.

SJD - if they cut Robinson... But might get better offers elsewhere although lack of sack numbers might keep him affordable.

....or you go get a CB or DT outside the organization.

I think at best you can keep or sign 4 FA's at most.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Noteboom
Corbett
Miller
Beckham

That would be my priorities.