LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Was it EVGA that said no more with Nvidia? I really debated between going AMD vs Nvidia on the GPU. I ended up going with Nvidia because first it was on black friday sale but also they run a little cooler and where I live it gets brutally hot in summer time. But already I'm having a small amount of regret because the monitors don't all support gsync but almost all of them support freesync. I also bought an LG 27GP850-b but had to return it because it emitted a super high pitch whining sound. I could barely hear it but all my dogs would run out of the room every time I turned it on. So now I'm looking for another monitor.
Yeah, it was EVGA.

I’m using the Asus ROG PG279Q with Gsync driven by an Nvidia 1080Ti, but not for gaming anymore since Apple seems to be all in on both planned obsolescence and killing backwards compatibility when they switch silicon… sucked when they left PowerPC to Intel and sucks with their change from Intel to their own proprietary silicon. It’s not that their chips suck, far from it… but damn if they don’t make it super expensive to simply keep a machine current.

Anyway, I hear you in the Gsync versus freesync. I paid a fair bit more for my Gsync monitor thanks to Nvidia charging thru the nose for the license… and don’t get me started on the Nvidia drivers… LOL

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If I could have all the time I spent playing EQ1 and EQ2 back I could probably add a year to my life.

I feel ya. I have over two years game played time in WoW… and I haven’t even played the last two expansions…

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I played the shit out of The Last of Us on PS3 years ago, platinum’d the achievements actually, which meant multiple play through’s.

Anyway, was pleasantly surprised with EP1 of the new adapted tv show on HBO. Well done so far. The co-creator (Craig Mazin) was the mind behind Chernobyl a few years back and that was excellent.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I played the shit out of The Last of Us on PS3 years ago, platinum’d the achievements actually, which meant multiple play through’s.

Anyway, was pleasantly surprised with EP1 of the new adapted tv show on HBO. Well done so far. The co-creator (Craig Mazin) was the mind behind Chernobyl a few years back and that was excellent.

First episode was awesome! Makes me want to play it again!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm replaying Shadow of Mordor so one of my staff can see it. And I've been playing Shadow of War on and off again. And of course, I bought a couple of new games (not including Pokemon Scarlet and Violet): Saints Row (the newest one) and Modern Warfare 2 (the reboot).

I play an Xbox Series X, and my gamertag is Silemem...if anyone here wants to add me as a friend.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I’m stoked. I finally found a genre of console game I can play (granted, it’s in easy, but I’m improving as I get more familiar)… that’s stealth/sniper games

Just finished Sniper Elite 4 and loved it.

Now I’ve gone back and am retrying Horizon Zero Dawn… OMG, it’s so good. I’m doing it in Story but I already know I’ll be replaying it at harder difficulties… the first time I tried it, I was so lost…

Also playing Stray… it’s a really cool, chill, interesting game…

Still play Final Fantasy XIV also, but I’m thrilled that I found a genre I can actually play beyond just FF 14, since with my hand tremors, I can’t play Souls games or things like that. I’m slowly going thru GoW, but my son had to play against the first boss… I’m super sensitive to adrenaline, so even excited, my damn hands shake which sucks for video games for obvious reasons, especially console gaming.

So yeah, loving Horizon Zero Dawn and will at some point buy the next game, Horizon Forbidden West, but that’s a ways off.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, quick question… my sons and I are considering playing Diablo 4… it’s a return to the darker vibe of D1-2… the problem is with my old eyes, I can’t see a damn thing when games or movies get dark (I swear the next DC movie is just gonna be 2hrs of a black screen with voice acting…)

Is the current trend of dark games troubling to anyone? Even with some of the horror games I see gameplay trailers for, seems like it just crazy dark… and there are movies I can’t watch unless it’s at night because I just can’t see.

Anyone else in this boat???

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also, quick question… my sons and I are considering playing Diablo 4… it’s a return to the darker vibe of D1-2… the problem is with my old eyes, I can’t see a damn thing when games or movies get dark (I swear the next DC movie is just gonna be 2hrs of a black screen with voice acting…)

Is the current trend of dark games troubling to anyone? Even with some of the horror games I see gameplay trailers for, seems like it just crazy dark… and there are movies I can’t watch unless it’s at night because I just can’t see.

Anyone else in this boat???

Eh, it's not trouble to me (yes, I played Dead Space - at night, no less - and it was dark in both lighting and in storyline. Yes, I screamed and immediately quit at one part. Yes, I still played it at night after that. No, I'm apparently not the smartest gamer.), but I can definitely see the issue for others.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This Diablo 4 beta launch is peak Blizzard… 30 minute queue only to login fail into a 125 minute queue…

It’s one thing if something breaks (the party system was bugged), but for a company that’s done huge launches for over 20 years… having this level of server, especially authentication server fuckery is bananas…

Apparently, the game itself is amazing… if you can play it… but damn Blizz…

Psycho_X

Legend
I’m stoked. I finally found a genre of console game I can play (granted, it’s in easy, but I’m improving as I get more familiar)… that’s stealth/sniper games

Just finished Sniper Elite 4 and loved it.

Now I’ve gone back and am retrying Horizon Zero Dawn… OMG, it’s so good. I’m doing it in Story but I already know I’ll be replaying it at harder difficulties… the first time I tried it, I was so lost…

Also playing Stray… it’s a really cool, chill, interesting game…

Still play Final Fantasy XIV also, but I’m thrilled that I found a genre I can actually play beyond just FF 14, since with my hand tremors, I can’t play Souls games or things like that. I’m slowly going thru GoW, but my son had to play against the first boss… I’m super sensitive to adrenaline, so even excited, my damn hands shake which sucks for video games for obvious reasons, especially console gaming.

So yeah, loving Horizon Zero Dawn and will at some point buy the next game, Horizon Forbidden West, but that’s a ways off.
Just got Horizon Zero Dawn on steam on sale and am loving it as well so far. Really fun game. Responsiveness and fluidity of movement is peak which I really appreciate in games.

Still play ffxiv with some buddies I do MMOs with. Not as much as I used to but still enjoy hopping on my Mch or Smn on occasion.
This Diablo 4 beta launch is peak Blizzard… 30 minute queue only to login fail into a 125 minute queue…

It’s one thing if something breaks (the party system was bugged), but for a company that’s done huge launches for over 20 years… having this level of server, especially authentication server fuckery is bananas…

Apparently, the game itself is amazing… if you can play it… but damn Blizz…
Was curious how some of Blizzards stuff would turn out after all of their legal trouble lately. Have always played the crap out of Diablo games when they come out so looking forward to D4 but will probably skip the beta. I gave up doing beta or early access tests for most games because it's always a shit show it seems anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been geeking out on Baldur's Gate 3 these past couple weeks. Irritates me that it's gonna release in the fall around the same time Starfield releases. BS. But I will of course play the hell out of both and this upcoming winter will seem very quick.

Oh also Diablo IV releases in June. So holy shit do I need to get my summer projects finished quickly. :laugh3:

Psycho_X

Legend
Star Citizen has a free window to play its alpha right now.
Lol, I can't keep up with this game after 12 years now... is this alpha for the whole entire game finally or just another "module" of the game? Is this going to actually be any good after all this time?

Been geeking out on Baldur's Gate 3 these past couple weeks. Irritates me that it's gonna release in the fall around the same time Starfield releases. BS. But I will of course play the hell out of both and this upcoming winter will seem very quick.

Oh also Diablo IV releases in June. So holy shit do I need to get my summer projects finished quickly. :laugh3:
Yeah I'm very excited for BG3. I played OG past iterations and I loved the Divinity Sin games so I have been looking forward to it a lot.

Played the Diablo IV open beta a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it as much as D3. That'll be my go to over the summer probably.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol, I can't keep up with this game after 12 years now... is this alpha for the whole entire game finally or just another "module" of the game? Is this going to actually be any good after all this time?

Yeah I'm very excited for BG3. I played OG past iterations and I loved the Divinity Sin games so I have been looking forward to it a lot.

Played the Diablo IV open beta a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it as much as D3. That'll be my go to over the summer probably.
No idea on Star Citizen. Never gave them a cent so haven't seen any of their content myself. I'm sure it's a bit rough given the scale of what they're trying to achieve but will probably play it tonight and see how it is. I am afraid that I will be disappointed.

Have you ever played the original Baldur's Gate games? If not check out the phone version, I heard it's quite good. I played them all till my fingers bled so don't want to mess with the quality of my memories by playing them now with my current game sensibilities. BG3 is pretty challenging though. There's some fights that are very tough.

Re: Diablo IV yeah it will kick ass. No doubt in my mind. I still have Diablo II remastered to play too, will probably scratch that itch at some point. :startstruck:

Psycho_X

Legend
No idea on Star Citizen. Never gave them a cent so haven't seen any of their content myself. I'm sure it's a bit rough given the scale of what they're trying to achieve but will probably play it tonight and see how it is. I am afraid that I will be disappointed.

Have you ever played the original Baldur's Gate games? If not check out the phone version, I heard it's quite good. I played them all till my fingers bled so don't want to mess with the quality of my memories by playing them now with my current game sensibilities. BG3 is pretty challenging though. There's some fights that are very tough.

Re: Diablo IV yeah it will kick ass. No doubt in my mind. I still have Diablo II remastered to play too, will probably scratch that itch at some point. :startstruck:
Oh yeah, played the hell out of BG and BG2. I still got the original game and manual.

I played BG3 briefly when it first hit early access but refunded it because I didn’t want to play the incomplete game in case it had issues. Plus didn’t really have time to test drive these days.

Star Citizen I was interested in at first but the way they went about developing it was annoying. If it ever actually releases I’ll probably try it.

Attachments

• 9C55B7F1-69A5-45F9-9C2D-80594481D69B.jpeg
    9C55B7F1-69A5-45F9-9C2D-80594481D69B.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 31