LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This might cause a few flashbacks...

282429.gif

Pho Kadat

Rookie

Ha! Someone else must have watched the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson this weekend.

As a side note, I freaking love that game and still play it from time to time. I'm not sure what's more satisfying, a pick-6 or knowing that the Patsies are god-awful in that game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

282429.gif
Ha.

I remember when a friend and I would play Madden 95 on Sega, and I always used the Steelers because of Rod Woodson. His speed was 15 (out of 15), and he was the default kick returner. I must have had 35 kick return TDs in a season when playing against my friend (we'd play an entire season). Also, Barry Foster was a beast in the backfield. VERY difficult to bring down on the first tackle. I would have used the Rams, but everyone on the team sucked BIG TIME as it related to speed ratings.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
My fondest football game memories come from Super Play Action Football on the SNES. It actually had three modes, pro, college and high school (in high school, you basically just quickly customized a team's name and colors before you played.)

The pro mode was near worthless because of an overly harsh endurance mechanic which would leave Cleveland Gary basically crawling by the third quarter, and all the other RBs more winded than him.

But in the college mode, with no endurance mode (and no actual college names or player names), Alabama basically had Superman as a running back. You could literally run laps around the field with him until you bothered going in for the touchdown. Then on kickoffs while he wasn't the official kick returner, he was supposed to be the lead blocker, but my friend could get in front of me, leap up and catch the kickoff I was waiting to catch.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
As well, Origin is offering Peggle for free if claimed through their service. But, then again, a lot of people dislike Origin through disliking EA.

(Sorry if it feels like I'm spamming. I would have edited this into the last message, but too much time passed and I couldn't edit.)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Steam summer sale has begun.
Thanks. Even if you're not buying anything, you can vote on the sales and get the trading cards for the sale, which can get you a rare badge or sell for a lot.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Im currently a 2015 MLB The Show addict
I'm still playing a "Road to the Show" mode from the 2012 version. It is hands down the best baseball game I've seen out there.

beer belly

UDFA
I'm still playing a "Road to the Show" mode from the 2012 version. It is hands down the best baseball game I've seen out there.

they made an awesome change..in Season or Franchise mode the camera angle is from behind the pitcher versus behind the catcher when your on the field. It adds an element to the game it didnt have before. The Catcher. I love throwing to the black and seeing the catcher post up on the corner.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Thanks. Even if you're not buying anything, you can vote on the sales and get the trading cards for the sale, which can get you a rare badge or sell for a lot.
How do you know what a card is worth and how do you sell them? I probably have a bunch of them and didn't even know about it.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
How do you know what a card is worth and how do you sell them? I probably have a bunch of them and didn't even know about it.
They actually made it a LOT easier recently. Just go to your inventory (on the top menu, last choice under your user name), select Steam, and then click on cards to look at them. As you look at them, right next to the sell button, it will show what the current lowest price is on the card. If you want it to sell fast, sell for 1 cent lower. Steam will take out a couple of cents for their own take, but if you're not interested in leveling up, it's a great way to make a small amount of cash for games.

Of course you can't do it right this second because Steam's servers are currently choking because of the sale. :)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
They actually made it a LOT easier recently. Just go to your inventory (on the top menu, last choice under your user name), select Steam, and then click on cards to look at them. As you look at them, right next to the sell button, it will show what the current lowest price is on the card. If you want it to sell fast, sell for 1 cent lower. Steam will take out a couple of cents for their own take, but if you're not interested in leveling up, it's a great way to make a small amount of cash for games.

Of course you can't do it right this second because Steam's servers are currently choking because of the sale. :)
LOL, yah I just noticed the servers are down. Thanks for the info Boffo. As soon as the server is up I'll check it out. I've got a ton of games so I must have a lot of cards in my inventory I never knew about.
Do the cards have any other use besides just collecting?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
LOL, yah I just noticed the servers are down. Thanks for the info Boffo. As soon as the server is up I'll check it out. I've got a ton of games so I must have a lot of cards in my inventory I never knew about.
Do the cards have any other use besides just collecting?
It seems to be up now.

Basically, what the card's primary use is is that when you can complete a whole set from a game, you can "turn them in" to gain "experience level" on Steam. When you buy a game that has cards, you can have X cards drop to you (where X is half the number of cards in that game's set rounded up.) There may be repeats. You're supposed to get additional cards from "packs" that randomly show up your inventory when people complete sets, but I've never had a pack drop.

As you increase your level, not only do you increase pointless e-peen, but you're supposed to increase your odds of packs appearing in your inventory every 10 levels.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
It looks like I've got 25 cards worth between .09 and .18 cents. There goes my finance a free game idea. LOL.

Speaking of free games. I have an extra civ V in my inventory I can gift if you would like to have it. I have had it in there a long time and can't find anyone who wants it. I already have another one installed so it's no use to me.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff to me Boffo. I appreciate it.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It looks like I've got 25 cards worth between .09 and .18 cents. There goes my finance a free game idea. LOL.

Speaking of free games. I have an extra civ V in my inventory I can gift if you would like to have it. I have had it in there a long time and can't find anyone who wants it. I already have another one installed so it's no use to me.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff to me Boffo. I appreciate it.
I actually already have Civ V or I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I LOVE the Civilization series. I'm almost positive someone else here will want it though.

I'm actually at $14.60 credit just from selling these stupid cards so I'm hoping the latest Civ V expansion "Gods and Kings" drops to 75% off. Because only a chump buys at 50% off during the Summer Sale. :)

BTW, if you or anyone here would like to add me as a friend on Steam, my name on there is probably the first thing you'd guess it is. Just let me know first though, since I sometimes give away extra keys through steamgifts.com, I sometimes get people adding me just to beg me personally for free games and thus I tend to decline invites if I don't know who it is.

And absolutely no problem on the explanations. I like talking about games. Hence this thread. :)

Ramatik

Starter

282429.gif
I played this and played this till the Rams won the Superbowl. Curt Warner I think? While the confetti was falling about the coach my Ex-Wife walks by, and I'm grinning like an idiot. "That's probably the only time you'll ever see the Rams win a Superbowl." she sneered.

By the way, did you catch the part about "Ex"?

Still pisses me off.

Heh

Last edited:

Ramatik

Starter
I've been wanting The Last of Us since I saw it at E3 last year. I will get it one day.

Love Assassin's Creed. I think Black Flag was awesome. The one before not so much. Oblivion and Skyrim were epic. Red Dead Redemption was kinda cool too. I spent a lot of time being a Gunslinger. Heh.

I signed up on GTA5 because my brother harassed me into it. In the online game I have my brother, son, nephew and a cousin. And about 30 other guys in our crew. It's kind of fun to do the missions and races with the group. I actually really like that game now. I hated it when I first tried it. It's pretty cool designing races as well. They keep coming out with new cars as well. Cars and guns, I'm liking it.

PS3 here.

One day, PS4. But I'm not sure there is any hurry as the content really isn't there yet.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Made my first purchase of the Steam Summer Sale. Skyrim is on for $4.99 for the base game, but I sprang for the "Legendary Edition", which came with the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC for $13.59.

Also, @VCRam, if you still have that extra Civ V copy, you might want to check out the site SteamTrades.com. You might be able to find someone on there to trade it for a game you actually need.