LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Watch Dogs is a pretty good game.

For Playstation users, The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. I really really recommend it if you haven't played it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

For Playstation users, The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. I really really recommend it if you haven't played it.
It's outstanding. Finishing the story on Survivor mode feels like you've been through Hell's gate and back again.
I really like the 4 on 4 online stuff. It's geared away from the COD generation that has ruined online shooters IMO. If you don't play smart and as a team in Last of Us factions you lose. Period.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

The Last of Us really is an outstanding game.

I just got done playing Hard Rain...an oldie but a goodie

I loved Skyrim so much that I'm thinking about going back and playing it again as a different type of character. Man that was a great game. Didn't like the online version that much
I would be supremely disappointed if there is not an Elder Scrolls VI soon

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good Old Games (gog.com) has announced that they will be coming out with a launcher client similar to Steam, but that will be completely optional and remain DRM free. It will be called GOG Galaxy. Here's the intro video:

One interesting feature of the service is that they're advertising that if player A bought their game through Steam and player B bought the same game but through GOG, they can play together through Galaxy.

I like GOG. I haven't bought many newer games through it, but they have the old Wing Commode series, all the major Sierra series, some of Infocom's stuff, and a lot of other stuff too for cheap.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
The last of us is amazing! Did any of you guys play the left behind dlc?

My top 5 of all time would have to be(keeping it one game per series): final fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect 2, The Last of us,and Skyrim.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The last of us is amazing! Did any of you guys play the left behind dlc?

My top 5 of all time would have to be(keeping it one game per series): final fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect 2, The Last of us,and Skyrim.
Haven't played The Last of Us. Heard mixed but mostly good reviews.

FF7 is great, but I would honestly loved to see a voiced remake. It's hard to replay with text, text and more text. FF10 is probably my 2nd favorite of the series (not counting Final Fantasy Tactics which was awesome).

Currently replaying Metal Gear Solid (the original PS1 version, bought off PSN for the PS3). Got up to the interrogation after defeating Sniper Wolf for the first time.

Also currently playing Mass Effect 2. I haven't done much in it. Basically just recruited the mercenary, "Archangel" and the professor from Omega and investigated the first Normandy's crash site. I didn't play ME1 all the way through, but ME2 on the PS3 (I also have it on Origin from a bundle) started with a little interactive comic that let you set the major decisions that ME2 would have taken from an ME1 save file.

I've also only barely touched (and don't currently own) Skyrim, but I loved Oblivion. I had bought Skyrim on the PS3, but I think Elder Scrolls games just work better on PC.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Absolutely loved it but was really disappointed by ME3 which looked as if it was made by a completely different company and became too much of a standard shoot 'em up for my tastes.

The original Bioshock is also amazing. Started bioshock 2 but stopped when daughter no.2 came along and haven't gone back (yet).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also currently playing Mass Effect 2. I haven't done much in it. Basically just recruited the mercenary, "Archangel" and the professor from Omega and investigated the first Normandy's crash site. I didn't play ME1 all the way through, but ME2 on the PS3 (I also have it on Origin from a bundle) started with a little interactive comic that let you set the major decisions that ME2 would have taken from an ME1 save file.

I'd suggest playing Mass Effect just for Urdnot Wrex's lines alone. Garrus, Tali, and Liara are also awesome. And it's very important to play the first Mass Effect for the sidequests; they're important to both ME2 and - especially - ME3.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Did anyone play the original Silent Hill? I had it on the ps1 so its going back a long time. Freak me, that was scary. Someone posted a picture of a sloth on a thread here recently and it immediately made me think of those bear things with long claws that would appear when it went dark. The relief you'd feel when it was light again (even though you still couldn't see very far) was huge.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I had Mass Effect 1 back in Korea on my Xbox, but since that was a disc based game, I lost it (along with the Xbox) when I couldn't return for my things in storage.

After I bought it, ME2 went on a huge sale on Playstation Network, which is why I still retained that. ME1 is available on PS3, but ONLY as a PSN download, meaning right now it's $15 and it's going to stay $15 until and unless the one source of it has a sale. Compared to other games of that age, that's really steep.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Haven't played The Last of Us. Heard mixed but mostly good reviews.

FF7 is great, but I would honestly loved to see a voiced remake. It's hard to replay with text, text and more text. FF10 is probably my 2nd favorite of the series (not counting Final Fantasy Tactics which was awesome).

Currently replaying Metal Gear Solid (the original PS1 version, bought off PSN for the PS3). Got up to the interrogation after defeating Sniper Wolf for the first time.

I've also only barely touched (and don't currently own) Skyrim, but I loved Oblivion. I had bought Skyrim on the PS3, but I think Elder Scrolls games just work better on PC.

I just replayed ff7 on my vita since its been years. Don't even get me started on a remake... Just take my money!

I was tempted to put metal gear solid 3 snake eater in there but I had to stick with the original. Have you played the twin snakes remake?

Stick with mass effect it's a great series. No. 3 gets a lot of hate for the ending but the journey getting there is awesome.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just replayed ff7 on my vita since its been years. Don't even get me started on a remake... Just take my money!

I was tempted to put metal gear solid 3 snake eater in there but I had to stick with the original. Have you played the twin snakes remake?

Stick with mass effect it's a great series. No. 3 gets a lot of hate for the ending but the journey getting there is awesome.
Yay, another fellow Vita owner! I love that little thing, even though it's been choked in its cradle by the obscenely priced proprietary design memory cards.

I haven't played Twin Snakes, though I've seen it and it's quite the upgrade. I did pickup the HD remake pack of MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker and have those waiting to play.

One thing I've noticed with Mass Effect is that with other games, I can multitask. I can have this board open or have a video playing on my iPad or whatever. Mass Effect demands my full attention.

And since I don't have a HD TV, the e-mails are very hard to read.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Just as a heads up, GOG.com is having their summer sale right now, so if there was any old school PC game that you absolutely loved back in the day, you should check it out. They also have a bunch of newer games, but primarily Indie Games since a key part of the site's philosophy is all their games are DRM free.

I recommend the Wing Commode 1&2 plus expansion packs for both pack. Only $2.99 right now.

Next month, Steam should have its summer sale.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Did anyone play the original Silent Hill? I had it on the ps1 so its going back a long time. Freak me, that was scary. Someone posted a picture of a sloth on a thread here recently and it immediately made me think of those bear things with long claws that would appear when it went dark. The relief you'd feel when it was light again (even though you still couldn't see very far) was huge.
Yeah i played the first three. Playing those alone in the dark was really really scary. That fucking radio static...Fuck!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Has anyone played Journey from ThatGame company? Playstation exclusive. Its not really a game. More like an transcendent, immersive experience. Amazing music too.
One of the greatest experiences from a vid gm i've ever had. I recommend it highly, but don't play online your first go thru.
It's not expensive either.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Has anyone played Journey from ThatGame company? Playstation exclusive. Its not really a game. More like an transcendent, immersive experience. Amazing music too.
One of the greatest experiences from a vid gm i've ever had. I recommend it highly, but don't play online your first go thru.
It's not expensive either.
I have. I haven't gotten around to finishing it though. It really inspires a feeling of "Am I going the right way? Am I doing the right thing?" for me. I usually just follow the other guy who I can't really communicate with.

Of course, leave it to Penny Arcade to point out why that's probably for the best:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/19/communion

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what if i could send u a physical personalized version of items that u won in the virtual world? say a sword, or gun or magic hand grenade? and u recived it within days after winning it while playing a game? would that be of interest?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
what if i could send u a physical personalized version of items that u won in the virtual world? say a sword, or gun or magic hand grenade? and u recived it within days after winning it while playing a game? would that be of interest?
There are services out there that already do this to a limited degree.

FigurePrints.com 3D Prints a statue of your World of Warcraft character or what you build in Minecraft.

I've never gotten one of the WoW ones because they're pricy, but I've heard those who got them are happy. (And I've never gotten into Minecraft, although I do have it on my iPad.)

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
There are services out there that already do this to a limited degree.

FigurePrints.com 3D Prints a statue of your World of Warcraft character or what you build in Minecraft.

I've never gotten one of the WoW ones because they're pricy, but I've heard those who got them are happy. (And I've never gotten into Minecraft, although I do have it on my iPad.)
Interesting. These are 3D printed?

I wonder if there'd be a market if someone could fabricate these in steel or aluminum just as fast?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Interesting. These are 3D printed?

I wonder if there'd be a market if someone could fabricate these in steel or aluminum just as fast?
I'm not 100% sure, but given the service's name, it's at least a reasonable guess.