The ugly question. Would you do this trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If AD insists on QB money which the Rams can't do, would you entertain a trade for Jadaveon Clowney?

• No. Simply no. We HAVE to work it out with AD.

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • No. Maybe for someone else, but not Clowney.

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Yes. But only if we extend Suh

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Yes. Whether we extend Suh or not.

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters

WestCoastRam

Legend
If it was straight up for Khalil Mack, I'd have to at least consider it. Still don't think I would do it.

Can't even think I'd do it straight up for any other defensive talent in the league.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. Not even close.

I'd rather just keep Donald and hope we can find a deal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Either sign him long term or franchise tag him multiple times. Trading Donald is taking an L because he's worth more than whatever a team gives us. If we were to trade him, I'm talking multiple 1st round picks + some and even then I wouldn't be satisfied.

Is he worth the tag if he only plays 6 games? I dunno. Not saying I have an answer, mostly asking the question.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is he worth the tag if he only plays 6 games? I dunno. Not saying I have an answer, mostly asking the question.

Well, he'd get paid 6/17 of the tag value if he waited that long to sign and report. But all the tag value would have to be held aside, and the Rams would have to decide if they wanted to try to fill his spot and how much resources to put into that.

I can see the Rams not trading him this year if he waited to report, since getting picks and cap space won't help them for 2018. It would take a very nice offer to make a move. But a trade would be virtually certain if he held out all but 6 games in 2018.

Hopefully AD will report on time, having signed a contract that makes sense for both sides.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it 6/17 or 6/16?

I know they have a bye week, but I wasn't sure if they gave game checks during the bye to even things out for players or if it's only after games.

i thought game checks went out after games, but things could have changed. Used to be guys got paper checks in the locker room, but that was way way back.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it 6/17 or 6/16?

I know they have a bye week, but I wasn't sure if they gave game checks during the bye to even things out for players or if it's only after games.

i thought game checks went out after games, but things could have changed. Used to be guys got paper checks in the locker room, but that was way way back.

I'm pretty sure players get paid for bye weeks. That way it's even across the league. A quick glance at Google, all the first page results think the same thing.