49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt.

funny-ricky-gervais-lick-own-man-boobs-smtamobvsyt3f56d.gif

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

They have the best receiving corps? Really? I guess it depends on which Cooper Kupp shows up this season and how the TE group shapes up. Would the 9ers be better or worse if they had the group from the eagles, lions, or seahawks? By the end of the year, you might think the 9ers would be better with the bears group that will suffer through a rookie QB in a tough division.

DL? Hmm. Let’s remember to revisit this one.

Whatever. They’re still gonna play the games and that’s all that matters.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If I was a 49er fan, I would wonder how the hell my team has not won a Super Bowl in the past five seasons?

4 NFC Championship Games ... 2-2 record. 2 Super Bowls ... 0-2 record. Led in the 4th quarter 3 of those games.

I felt that way once.
As the 1970s were closing, I wondered how my favorite team (the Los Angeles Rams) had not even reached a Super Bowl despite being one of the most talented and best teams in the NFL every season from 1973-1978. Six seasons that ended in brutal disappointment, with an 0-4 record in NFC Championship games.

The Rams were really good for most of the 1980s. Seven playoff teams ... and two of the three non-playoff seasons were the half-assed / less-meaningful strike-shortened years of 1982 and 1987. Consistent winners, and a lot of good players and teams. However, there were simply just better teams.

Being good enough that you Should win more but Fail to do so ... Lost Opportunities ... That's Brutal.

To all the 49ers' fans who are in pain ...
View attachment 65994

By-the-way ... if I was much better looking, I would look like Sean Connery did in this image.

Against the Ravens in the 2012/13 super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 31 points. Against the Chefs in 2019/20 super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 31 points. Against the chefs in this last season's super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 25 points.

To shed some light on this, the Rams have never won a super bowl giving up 25 points or more. However, I don't believe the Rams ever had the #1 defense going into the super bowl.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Against the Ravens in the 2012/13 super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 31 points. Against the Chefs in 2019/20 super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 31 points. Against the chefs in this last season's super bowl, the whiners #1 defense gave up 25 points.

To shed some light on this, the Rams have never won a super bowl giving up 25 points or more. However, I don't believe the Rams ever had the #1 defense going into the super bowl.

The 2001 team had a fantastic d. They turned Favre into mush.

It's criminal that team didn't win the superbowl and those cheats did.

That loss ruined them and Martz.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
look I hate those fuckers as much as anyone but after watching the play again the DB stops Ayucks progress that's why the pass looks overthrown, hence the ref throws the flag.
Ayuck Apologist!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

History not in favor of 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl aspirations​

There have been three head coaches in San Francisco 49ers chronicle to lead the franchise to multiple Super Bowls: Bill Walsh, George Siefert and Kyle Shanahan.

Unfortunately for Shanahan, he's the only coach in that exclusive club to lose a Super Bowl and, more troubling, the only one to have never won one.

For all the success Shanahan's 49ers have compiled, the Lombardi Trophy has been an unattainable triumph and unfortunately for the 44-year old, history is not his side, according to NFL Research.

Following the 49ers' overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVIII, Shanahan became the fifth coach in NFL history to lose his first three Super Bowl appearances as a head coach or coordinator, per NFL Research. None of the previous four coaches ever won a Super Bowl.

Shanahan is in hallowed company in that regard, joining the Buffalo Bills' Marv Levy, the Minnesota Vikings' Bud Grant, Ted Marchibroda as an offensive coordinator with Washington and Buffalo, and longtime Vikings defensive coordinator Jerry Burns. Levy and Grant are Hall of Famers, while Marchibroda and Burns are highly regarded, but nevertheless they each fell short of Lombardi glory.

For Shanahan, it's a past rife with big-game heartbreak that, as aforementioned, doesn't bode well for the future.

In each of Shanahan's Super Bowl defeats -- Super Bowl LI as an offensive coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots, and Super Bowls LIV and LVIII as the 49ers head coach against the Chiefs -- his teams held 10-point leads prior to losing. In each losing endeavor, which includes the only two overtime games in Super Bowl chronicle, Shanahan's offenses have struggled when it counted most, as evidenced by a combined nine offensive points in the fourth quarter.

For his career as a head coach, Shanahan is 8-4 in the playoffs, equating to a .667 winning percentage that stands as the highest in league history without winning an NFL Championship or Super Bowl, per NFL Research.

Since 2010, the 49ers have advanced to seven conference title games, the most in the NFC. However, they're 3-4 in those seven games with zero Super Bowl victories to show for it. In that same timeframe, the Patriots and Chiefs are the only other teams to make six or more trips to the championship round, with each franchise claiming three Super Bowl crowns in that span.

Emerging as the NFL's team of the 1980s, the 49ers won four Super Bowls in the decade and triumphed once more to go 5-0 across their first five Super Bowl appearances. However, the franchise has lost its last three Super Bowls.

Once again, the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders ahead of the 2024 season, locked and loaded with Pro Bowl talent on each side of the ball.

Will this be the season in which San Francisco returns to the top of the NFL mountain and Shanahan finally gets over the hump? Or has history already provided a glimpse into an unfortunate road ahead.
Goodness gracious, Shanahan could have three rings had he not ran into Mahomes and Brady. Is he the new Andy Lite? Perhaps not just yet but I promise you Andy knows exactly what kind of pressure he's under. He's been there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goodness gracious, Shanahan could have three rings had he not ran into Mahomes and Brady. Is he the new Andy Lite? Perhaps not just yet but I promise you Andy knows exactly what kind of pressure he's under. He's been there.

What did Brady have to do with anything? He sabotaged himself with his idiotic play calls when the game was there to be won.

The falcons had just made a huge play by Julio to have possession inside the cheats 20 with an 8 point lead And a couple of mins left on the clock. Every man and his dog knows you call three run plays and make the opposition use all the time outs. Kick the fg, lead by 11, game over.

But no, he had to call a long developing pass play. The fucking idiot. I hate him so much. And their shit hc for letting it happen.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What did Brady have to do with anything? He sabotaged himself with his idiotic play calls when the game was there to be won.

The falcons had just made a huge play by Julio to have possession inside the cheats 20 with an 8 point lead And a couple of mins left on the clock. Every man and his dog knows you call three run plays and make the opposition use all the time outs. Kick the fg, lead by 11, game over.

But no, he had to call a long developing pass play. The fucking idiot. I hate him so much. And their shit hc for letting it happen.

When the Falcons were up 28-3 with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the Falcons could have run all running plays using the maximum amount of time between snaps and that would been enough to prevent the cheaters from winning. Shanny just doesn't seem to know how to finish big games.

As an aside, we know that the super bowl hangover is real. I just hope the whiners suffer a major hangover this coming season.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Abso-fucking-lutely. EVERYONE knew two things in that situation:
1) like you said, run 3 times, burn timeouts.
2) after the first pass play failed, the falcons were gonna blow it.
(IIRC, there was a penalty, a sack, and an incomplete pass involved)

And this is the guy who LOVES to run the ball. Doesn’t he shoot for 30 times a game?

He sphincters up when the game is on HIS shoulders.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Abso-fucking-lutely. EVERYONE knew two things in that situation:
1) like you said, run 3 times, burn timeouts.
2) after the first pass play failed, the falcons were gonna blow it.
(IIRC, there was a penalty, a sack, and an incomplete pass involved)

And this is the guy who LOVES to run the ball. Doesn’t he shoot for 30 times a game?

He sphincters up when the game is on HIS shoulders.
Besides failing to run the ball 3 times and burning the click... the sack and the penalty also took Atlanta out of field goal range, IIRC. Some of Shannys best work -lol.