49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Purdy is not the quarterback to win a Super Bowl. He had two big time opportunities for six - one of them in overtime - and failed both of them. Missing a wide-open Aiyuk for a long connection when only Nick Bolton was pressuring was bad enough, but to throw it away at the goal line (again, Aiyuk was wid open) on third down in overtime with the season on the line? Inexcusable and - eventually - unforgivable, considering that K.C. scored on the ensuing drive.
The way I saw that game, Purdy wasn't playing bad. But he also didn't play well enough to win the game. He needed his guys to make enough plays. Classic game manager. His skill set does fit that system and talent very well. I do suspect when that talent declines he won't playing near the same level.

I'm thinking this year is their last shot at winning a Superbowl. And they will have a tough challenge with teams like the Lions, Rams and Packers. Dallas and Philly will be a threat too. If it doesn't happen this year they won't be sniffing a championship for quite a while. They might even have to go into a full rebuild after this season or the next.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I don't think that's right.

The 11 and 6 were games played with two teams (Carolina and S.F.) in 2022, when he played 17 games.

The 7 (in 2021) and 3 (in 2020) are correct.

McCaffrey has played a full year in five of his seven seasons.
You’re correct. My bad.

The point I’m making, though, remains… you can’t count on him staying healthy, as RBs are highly susceptible to injury (as shown by his 2020 & 2021 lost seasons).

Without him, the 49ers offense is far less formidable.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

As Nick Wright rightfully observes, it's been years since the SB loser came back and made the game the next year. Much less won it...

Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

AZRams

Good enough to win with a good supporting cast. When that changes he becomes average in my opinion.

I agree. I still think they pay Aiyuk at some point. And they have to pay Purdy. Goff's contract makes it likely Purdy will be in excess of 50 mil per year. Not to mention a number of guys cap hits really increase next year. They will be in cap hell and have to pay elite money to a quarterback who won't be elite.
Yep. Just look at the end of regulation when the Niners have to settle for the FG. Purdy is pressured and can't make the play.

Many QBs wouldn't have been able to make that play but there are guys who might have...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And Purdy really struggles on the deep ball.

The only receiver last year more upset about being missed while open deep, either by a missed pass or not even being seen at all than Aiyuk was Jerry Jeudy...

That's gonna only get tougher as teams sit down on the short and intermediate passes. Honestly, I know "don't get beat deep" is the NFL defensive slogan, but against the 9ers, I'd sit on the run and everything short. If under pressure, Purdy can beat you with 3-4 long passes, then ok.

I don't see it.

AZRams

And Purdy really struggles on the deep ball.

The only receiver last year more upset about being missed while open deep, either by a missed pass or not even being seen at all than Aiyuk was Jerry Jeudy...

That's gonna only get tougher as teams sit down on the short and intermediate passes. Honestly, I know "don't get beat deep" is the NFL defensive slogan, but against the 9ers, I'd sit on the run and everything short. If under pressure, Purdy can beat you with 3-4 long passes, then ok.

I don't see it.
Yeah, but he's the king of the deep pass off the defender's facemask...aint nobody hold a candle to what he can do in that aspect of the game!

dang

Legend
I believe there is a stat for interception worthy passes (or something like that). Can someone confirm and provide for 2023?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Purdy is pretty weak armed >20yds.

There was a Twitter video of Purdy’s passes over 20yds incl the 2023 playoffs and it wasn’t very purdy pretty. I am cool if they sign him to a BIG deal.

I couldn’t find it on a search. It was posted on ROD too and maybe in this thread.

EDIT HERE:

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I can not stand those type of demands. Honestly assessing your value is one thing. That's not it. Some (WRs/CBs) in this "brotherhood" of NFL players are throat cutters at contract time. "He got that much......and I'm better than him". That's the type of shit that assaults the cap and brings down a team. If he gets it Deebo will want them to renegotiate his deal. Then McCaffrey and eventually Purdy. You go Aiyuk!!!! How many rings do you have?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can not stand those type of demands. Honestly assessing your value is one thing. That's not it. Some (WRs/CBs) in this "brotherhood" of NFL players are throat cutters at contract time. "He got that much......and I'm better than him". That's the type of shit that assaults the cap and brings down a team. If he gets it Deebo will want them to renegotiate his deal. Then McCaffrey and eventually Purdy. You go Aiyuk!!!! How many rings do you have?

That's the way the nfl has always worked.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sure it's not contract related.

All he wants is more guaranteed money and an extension, which means a big signing bonus.

But it's not contract related.

I mean I hate the 9ers as much as the next Ram fan if not way more… and still, what McCaffery is doing is the same thing Stafford is doing…

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Look I get it, but if the Whiners, praise that greed. I want them to implode from all of the salary demands. Root for this shit to happen and some. It'll be the beginning of the end for their sorry asses.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
what McCaffery is doing is the same thing Stafford is doing…
Hold on, Matthew is in camp.

QB Matthew Stafford at OTAs as Rams stay quiet on contract talks

dang

Legend
All played out in public. Because 69ers don’t have the discipline or maturity to keep it behind closed doors.