49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree Ryan doesn’t have much left, but isn’t it about starting Purdy or Lance long term?

I don’t think Darnold is “light years” ahead, but if competition is what they want… that appears what they have setup here. Every man for himself.

Ryan, instead of a competition environment, would have created more mentor environment for Lance or Purdy.

Lance is CRAP. He is & was a PROJECT. He went against RR31 in college & played in only a dozen games ? Who wants Tre Lance ? 3 first rd picks LMAO!!
They F””d up & I’m ecstatic.

Purdy was the last pick of 2022.
He just had a MAJOR ARM surgery. Who to say when he will be ready. Why rush it? He has a whole career ahead of himself. Still signed for 3 more seasons.

He gets to learn & relax on The pup list all season. Tre Lance who knows,but is he a 4 year guy? Does he get a 5th?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m an Old NFL guy that what I always believed in came TRUE.
I had a wager on Tom Brady Michigan & Carr against BAMA.
The NINER’s team with Carroll & Oldman Shanny under Seifert was real good.
Tom Brady though proved what an Old QB can do once they understand the game. Played until he was 45. I know he was protected as well.

As Ram Fans if we know history Kurt Warner wasn’t your normal Rookie. He won a Super Bowl,but experience counts.

Sam Bradford - Highest Paid ROOKIE EVER!! $ 50 million guaranteed & 80 plus million?
I don’t know. I stay away from contracts because there is no real reasoning.

My point of view is(always) that I’ll take Sam Darnold in 2023 over any ROOKIE QB coming out of college. I’ll take Baker Mayfield rather than any QB coming out of college.

—Especially on a 1 year contract,unless your building for the future.

Now the miners are set up for the future as well with say Purdy? Competition is never really a bad thing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ryan was pretty bad last couple seasons. He definitely looks done.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ryan was pretty bad last couple seasons. He definitely looks done.
Yeah his arm is shot. Every now and then he made a good throw but most of the plays I saw of him last year it was glaringly evident he's got a noodle arm now.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Darnold was an odd choice by the 49’ers, IMO.

Wouldn’t Matt Ryan have made more sense? They worked together in Atlanta when Shanahan was OC. Ryan knows the offense. If they believe in either Purdy or Lance, why not get a veteran to work with them?

Instead… it looks like a random mashup of project players hoping one of them works out; Lance, Darnold, or Purdy

Maybe QB selection is Shanny/Lynch’s kryptonite?
Ryan looks washed though. It would certainly help him to be behind SF's o-line but still...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Ben Roethlisberger says he talked to 49ers about playing in 2022; Steelers legend explains why he declined​

Ben Roethlisberger on the 49ers? It could've happened. The former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said he had discussions with San Francisco during the 2022 season.

Roethlisberger obviously did not take them up on the offer and decided remaining retired was the best choice for him. While speaking with Mark Madden on 105.9 The X, he discussed the 49ers reaching out and how he made his decision not to join their team.

The 49ers quarterback situation was complex to say the least, using four quarterbacks during the regular season. Trey Lance earned the starting job, and when he got hurt, Jimmy Garoppolo took over as QB1. Then Garoppolo got hurt, leaving rookie and last pick of the 2022 NFL draft Brock Purdy in charge of the offense. He got hurt in the NFC Championship Game and was replaced by Josh Johnson, who was then ruled out for the game with a concussion, causing Purdy to play with an elbow injury. Since clearly their quarterback situation was no easy ride, they reached out to a Super Bowl champion.

The 41-year-old played 18 seasons in the NFL for the Steelers before retiring in 2021. He said it was slightly tempting, but nearly two decades in the league proved to be enough for No. 7. His decision was also due to his loyalty to the Steelers, not wanting to ever put on another uniform in his career.

"They were, I think, reaching out maybe just to gauge my interest," Roethlisberger said. "I had discussions. … I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a small part of me that was intrigued. I could still do it and prove to people that I could still play. At the end of the day, I just can't see myself in anything other than black and gold."

When Roethlisberger said no, the team signed Johnson.

Football will add some wear and tear to players' bodies, something Roethlisberger commented on, noting a change in how he feels post retirement.

"I love waking up in the morning and not having issues with my knees and shoulders and elbows," he said.

Roethlisberger's résumé includes two Super Bowl rings, an NFL Rookie of the Year honor and six Pro Bowl selections. He is also the record holder for the most passing yards in a career by a quarterback who only played for one team (64,088).

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has any body been able to rewatch this years NFC Championship game on NFL Network? I DVR'ed the first replay and either my DVR malfunctioned or The NFL Network botched it because it was heavily flawed and incomplete. Now they are showing alot of Eagle games but not that one. I really need to watch the 9er's lose over and over again to get my Schadenfreude on!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus. Had the shitters inked Big Ben they'd have a ring.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jesus. Had the shitters inked Big Ben they'd have a ring.
I dunno man. I watch a lot of the Steelers as my good friend is a fan. Ben was a shell of himself the last 2 seasons.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Lance is CRAP. He is & was a PROJECT. He went against RR31 in college & played in only a dozen games ? Who wants Tre Lance ? 3 first rd picks LMAO!!
They F””d up & I’m ecstatic.

Purdy was the last pick of 2022.
He just had a MAJOR ARM surgery. Who to say when he will be ready. Why rush it? He has a whole career ahead of himself. Still signed for 3 more seasons.

He gets to learn & relax on The pup list all season. Tre Lance who knows,but is he a 4 year guy? Does he get a 5th?

I disagree. Lance is the next step up from Tom Brady. The whiners will win at least 5 superbowls with him starting. LOL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I disagree. Lance is the next step up from Tom Brady. The whiners will win at least 5 superbowls with him starting. LOL
Well fair enough - You can say how bad Raheem Morris & The Rams are. I’m just saying Les Snead has said the last 2 years you win in APRIL!! Well April is coming up.
I look at March & think The Rams gave up 2 first rd picks & this year Detroit has The #6 pick(Rams).Paying. Stafford $57 million for 2023.

The NINER’s just picked up Sam Darnold for 1 year on the cheap.He is looking for another PAY DAY & a chance to WIN the Superbowl.
Baker got beat out by him,but The Rams will get a weak Comp Pick for him? The Rams will loss out on 2 COMP picks because they can’t sign a FA.
—Next season does Baker comeback?
—What happens to Lance,Purdy,or even Darnold?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I dunno man. I watch a lot of the Steelers as my good friend is a fan. Ben was a shell of himself the last 2 seasons.

Old Man(barley) walking. LOVED his exit out the tunnel last season. Classic Coke commercial Mean Joe Green Style.He lost the next game,but his fair well to HEINZ epic.

This year I LOVED Tom Brady’s exit as well.It was a Playoff game & lossing effort.Just really fitting of LIFE! Wish I had a moment like that.He has lived a FAIRY TALE LIFE,some people don’t have parents or the live he has gotten. Wish I still had my parents.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Like I might have said.LOL . Anyways just see the niners being a tough opponent. They got so Lucky.
Draft picks (2)for Mike McDonald to get McCafferey for that .

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well fair enough - You can say how bad Raheem Morris & The Rams are. I’m just saying Les Snead has said the last 2 years you win in APRIL!! Well April is coming up.
I look at March & think The Rams gave up 2 first rd picks & this year Detroit has The #6 pick(Rams).Paying. Stafford $57 million for 2023.

The NINER’s just picked up Sam Darnold for 1 year on the cheap.He is looking for another PAY DAY & a chance to WIN the Superbowl.
Baker got beat out by him,but The Rams will get a weak Comp Pick for him? The Rams will loss out on 2 COMP picks because they can’t sign a FA.
—Next season does Baker comeback?
—What happens to Lance,Purdy,or even Darnold?

I would gladly trade 2 first round picks every couple of years if the payoff is a Super Bowl championship.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I have noticed this about Rat boy. After his stint in Atlanta, blowing a 28-3 lead as OC in the Superbowl, he was sure to milk every second off the clock, with the lead as head coach, almost to the point of obsession. HIs quirks have changed over the years but right now he's trying to make sure he has 3 QBs on the roster. Most teams are usually screwed if they lose their starter (except the 1999 Rams). A backup can help you win a SB, but typically not if they need to play more than a game or two. Purdy did a decent job but I don't see him as a long term pro bowl player. I hope and pray that I'm not wrong.

It's just my opinion, but I believe that Brock Purdy, while a decent and nice kid, is just a younger version of Jimmy G. He can win games, yes, with the #1 defense in the league, but he was rarely ever pressed and pressured until the NFCCG, where he got injured, which is the same trait that Jimmy G has.

I know the Rams are likely to have a rough season, but I think it will turn out where the Rams go "all in" again in 2024.

And who knows, with a great draft, the Rams could still make noise this upcoming season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You have a SB roster, and this is your approach to the most important position on it.

:laugh4:

John Lynch: Purdy, Lance and Darnold will compete for starting QB, Purdy is in the lead​

The 49ers plan a three-way quarterback competition this season, but not all three quarterbacks are starting on equal footing — at least not if Brock Purdy is healthy.

That’s the word from 49ers General Manager John Lynch, who said today that Purdy, who led the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game as a rookie, will enter training camp as the favorite to become the starting quarterback if he’s fully healthy.

Lynch referred to Purdy as “the leader in the clubhouse” and said that the 49ers are optimistic that Purdy’s elbow surgery was successful enough that he’ll be able to practice when training camp starts.

“Our hope is he’s ready to go for training camp,” Lynch said, via David Lombardi of TheAthletic.com.

Trey Lance, the quarterback the 49ers spent three first-round picks on, will also compete for the starting job. Lance is coming off an injury of his own but should be good to go for the offseason.

And Sam Darnold, who signed with the 49ers in free agency, will also have the opportunity to earn the starting job.

If Purdy hadn’t suffered an elbow injury in the NFC Championship Game, there would be little doubt that he would have the starting job in 2023. But his injury opens the door to both Lance and Darnold and makes the 49ers’ three-way quarterback competition one of the big stories of NFL training camps in 2023.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would gladly trade 2 first round picks every couple of years if the payoff is a Super Bowl championship.
Even if it means losing every Rams regular season to the niners & having there FAN BASE totally dominating Ram Fans at SOFI including playoff’s.Maybe beating them once to win the Superbowl?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Even if it means losing every Rams regular season to the niners & having there FAN BASE totally dominating Ram Fans at SOFI including playoff’s.Maybe beating them once to win the Superbowl?

Hell Yeah.

They can hang the Most Fans At SOFI Banner in their shithole stadium.

And we can hoist our Super Bowl Championship Banner in the greatest stadium on the planet.