The Refs Won... Fake As Fuck

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
100% bad non-call.

We shouldn't have needed that call, but definitely a bad non-call.
I concur and sorry gentlemen I guess I have just come to accept it. I appreciate the thread started by @Selassie I because I felt the same way on all the calls, however, I just cannot yell anymore because I have become numb to the incompetence of the officials.

Last night a good example as my son & nephew were watching with me and they objected and turned toward me and I just shook my head in disdain. I expected the calls to go the Lions way and not being able to score in the Red zone doomed us, but the calls were not going to go our way and I was prepared for it.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I started the same discussion on Rams Discussion forum. I stated there and I will state here we had other reasons for the loss - bad defense in the first half, poor tackling and lack of Red Zone efficiency but 3 non blatant calls meaning highly visible calls were game changes.

The deep shot to Robinson PI, the Stafford hit and the PI on Puka's last play each were game changes none bigger than Puka not getting the call the NBC broadcast even replayed it and said it was a missed call. We get a 1st down burn more clock and minimumly get an easy FG try possibly a TD. With a 1 point game these plays really matter.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have said for years now that with the technology we have that should use computers and robots to officiate games. Then I get the argument back that you would be losing the human element to which I respond by saying, the human element has not been good enough.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Puka was held big time on that last play. Its called, Rams almost surly win.
That said, our first series , 1st and GOAL and we go into the fucking shotgun. A couple fades and some other shitty p[ass.
FADES SUCK IN THE ENDZONE !
Touch plays, too much has to go right for them to work. They are just pretty [plays you make in practice or use them when you are running up the score.
NOT when you need them. Direct line of sight throws should be used down there. AND, the first play should have been a run. Let Williams do what he does. He probably gets 4-5 years and then the next 2 plays anything can happen.
Rams had Red Zone troubles all season.
You know what, stop going into the shotgun down there. And running plays out of the shotgun barely count as running plays. They are terrible, RB has no momentum.
AND, the end of the first half, McVay laid down. Its the fucking playoffs. 59 seconds, all our timeouts. Just run plays, throws that are fairly safe. If its not there, so be it. But a FG there and we win. 4 more points on the first series and we win. Those are things we can control.
Now the FUCKING REFS !!!!. ?
I love me some McVay, but he needs to grow up. Throw short yardage and goal line shgotgun formations in the dumpster. Watch the GSOT teams and the way they spread them out down there. Warner under center and handing off to Marshal TD after TD.
I now think there is something to the SB logo colors and the teams that are in it. Our colors and Cincinnati's colors were in it. We got some "fortunate" calls too.
Keep the refs out of it, let the best team win. The 2023 Lions are not better than the Rams.
But I will root for them. Jared did us good, he is kinda still one of us.
And anything is better than the Niners winning another one.
BTW, I think Kupp is almost done. No zip to his game, slowing down,. He was a very old rookie. Draft a replacement this spring so he can lean under him. PUKA is WAY better than Cooper right now. His level of play is off the charts right now, good luck tackling him. He will need a new running mate soon.
You probanly thought Stafford was done after last season too. Kupp has struggled with injury all season. After plays you can see him checking his ankle. He is not done.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
WTF, with Morris starting that game playing that lame arse soft coverage that he seems to love, put the Rams in the hole right off the bat. You would think he would know the way to beat Goff is play tight coverage and put pressure on him. Goff wilts under pressure unlike Stafford. I know Jim will attack this comment with his undying love and support for his boy Morris. I hope and pray this SOB is gone next year. The Rams playing from behind early put pressure on them to have to keep up with the lions scoring and have to keep trying to score TDs inside the red zone on 4th downs instead of settling for field golds.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
WTF, with Morris starting that game playing that lame arse soft coverage that he seems to love, put the Rams in the hole right off the bat. You would think he would know the way to beat Goff is play tight coverage and put pressure on him. Goff wilts under pressure unlike Stafford. I know Jim will attack this comment with his undying love and support for his boy Morris. I hope and pray this SOB is gone next year. The Rams playing from behind early put pressure on them to have to keep up with the lions scoring and have to keep trying to score TDs inside the red zone on 4th downs instead of settling for field golds.
Some of the big plays came in press, specifically St Brown on Spoon

Tano

Legend
Some of the big plays came in press, specifically St Brown on Spoon
Yeah I saw that but I was concerned that we didn't blitz more in the first half.

Goff does not handle zero cover blitzes at all. He wilts on them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Havenstein never held Hutchinson either... no idea what they were looking at. Players can literally bear hug and tackle defensive players but THAT they call for holding.
That is the issue I had. I'm ok with a no call when the refs are being consistent but on the heels of a total NFW is that a penalty they turn around and let that DPI/D holding fly?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah I saw that but I was concerned that we didn't blitz more in the first half.

Yeah I thought the same, I was surprised they scored so easily 3x in a row on essentially the same circumstances but their O is very good. Goff can be a sniper when blitzed too, You have to get there and that is never a certainty and when you don't his playmakers against our DB's is about as big a mismatch as you could draw up

Tano

Legend
Yeah I thought the same, I was surprised they scored so easily 3x in a row on essentially the same circumstances but their O is very good. Goff can be a sniper when blitzed too, You have to get there and that is never a certainty and when you don't his playmakers against our DB's is about as big a mismatch as you could draw up
Yeah but after two easy TDs I would have tried something different.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew

Rams could not stop the run in the first half. That was why they couldn't blitz.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels a little scripted doesn’t it? Heightens the drama. Like WWF for serious people. Betting killed boxing, and it is killing the NFL. Millions are made and lost on 1 point differentials. I give it much less importance these days..que Taylor Swift to add additional gullible fans.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both teams had their share of good and bad calls, but for the most part the refs let them play.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I have said for years now that with the technology we have that should use computers and robots to officiate games. Then I get the argument back that you would be losing the human element to which I respond by saying, the human element has not been good enough.
I agree in part. I think the booth should be involved in the last 2 minutes 100%. If the refs on the field miss a crucial game changing call, the booth should have the power to hit a button, call in the penalty to the on field refs. They can nearly instantly review the play in 4k in the booth. The real question is , WHY NOT? It makes no sense to not evolve officiating with current technology. This would barely delay the game, maybe 30 seconds, but its worth getting crucial game changing penalties called. Its literally as important and reviewing turnovers IMO. A turnover would have been equal to that non call.

There is zero chance that last play wasn't: PI AND roughing the passer. About a 70% chance we win that game had those been called CORRECTLY. I'm not a big fan of kickers deciding games, but I'm even less of a fan of refs deciding the game. A game where guys give up their bodies to win. These old fucks on the field get to decide who wins? Get out of here.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I will play along for visceral purposes. Let's say you were to try and influence outcomes as is the point behind the thread. In this situation I will agree that by having refs who are targeted for incompetence it helps divert the attention from the real issue which is they are influencing outcomes. If you intentionally leave refs under scrutiny by not employing them full time and massaging rules so that they cannot possibly be enforced consistently due to vague interpretations and the idea that humans view and interpret uniquely you use misdirection to cover a much more nefarious intent.
This. I get push back when I say and little defense on this forum usually.

The incompetence of the refs is the disguise that allows steering an outcome possible. ‘Refs just make mistakes’ Is how it goes. Doing absolutely nothing to improve the refereeing gives them the ability to discreetly steer the outcome of any game they choose.

If they would use the telemetry in the ball for ball placement, at least that would make it look like they are trying to improve the situation with referees. But the league won’t, because that is one of their subtle ‘human error’ tools that they use to help teams win or lose.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah but after two easy TDs I would have tried something different.
They did a little better on the 11 play 3rd drive, AD offside, 4th down conversion, went after Goff leaving Hoecht exposed. those 3 plays really impacted our ability to make the stop