THE OFFICIAL WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL CELEBRATION THREAD!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
There are so many Ram veterans who have never been to a Super Bowl or have won a SB. Guys like Whitworth, Stafford, AD, Weddle and OBJ. You know they realize this could be their only real chance. I have no doubt they will be focused and totally locked in. Win or lose just getting this far will make signing their FAs a lot easier. Talk about motivation and incentive, the glory of a SB ring lasts a lifetime. I remember listening to Marshall Faulk talk about it at Torrey Pines. His comment that being a champion is something time or people can never take away from you. He said it was second only to getting inducted into the HOF.

Speaking of which I'm blown away by how many potential HOF players are on this roster. Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, Miller and perhaps Whitworth all on the same roster. That has to be a record. If OBJ finishes his career here who knows. Beckham doesn't have a bust or gold jacket but the video of his iconic 2014 one-handed catch is played there being recognized as one of the NFL's most iconic receptions.

It would be a crime if they can't get a ring.

The Bengals are good, but this DL should be able to get to Burrow, as long as they contain him. Defensively they have talent on their DL and in their secondary. They can be a bit inconsistent and it will be imperative that McVay stay balanced as he was against the Niners. Burrows isn't afraid to run with good speed (4.59) so contain will be important. Basically like containing Murray who is faster. I think they can rush 4 and keep Hollins (4.5) as a spy. If the OL can keep Stafford clean I like the Rams matchups.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I were the owner, I'd pass on it. Let the guy who earned it on the field get the praise.
They just won the right to play in the bazillion dolla stadium Stan built for all the marbles. I get where you're coming from there btw but think it's perfectly appropriate for that dude to have a front 'n center moment there.

And in true Stan fashion he dished everything quick to his guys. I love this owner. :thumbsup1:

oldnotdead

Legend
I followed Gaines at UW and was ecstatic when the Rams drafted him. He has grown with AD's influence. He's going to be a starter for a long time.

That said, I've been critical of Robinson, but he's been money in the playoffs. Robinson on 1st and 2nd downs has been a big part of slowing down the run game. When paired with Gaines, Robinson has emerged as a true run stopper. It's become pick your poison between the tackles when they are faced with this pair.

If you breakdown why Morris needs to play with 2 ILBs on early downs; there was a play where Gaines absorbs the wham block, but Robinson blows up the OG, Reeder crashes what I think was the C gap if I remember correctly, redirecting the RB inside where he's tackled for a loss by Jones. That is how you play early-down runs. All four players played their roles exactly as you would draw upon a whiteboard. These are the kind of plays that are lost to the average viewer as it's all bang bang. People say Reeder missed the tackle that Jones had to clean up. But in reality that was how you stop that perimeter run before it got started. Everyone executed their role.

These are things that weren't there for most if not all of the regular season. I'm overjoyed that we are seeing them now, but the execution is inconsistent because it's relatively new. I'm glad that Morris has finally begun to use his guys better, but in the back of my mind I can't understand why it's taken so long.

That said I guess it's a matter of better late than never. It's going to take that kind of fire to win that Lombardi in a couple of weeks. Like I said, after AD's impassioned rant, the D totally shut the 49er offense down. That is the kind of speech normally given by the DC. That is my concern. This roster is rich in talent. But it needs leadership which normally would come from the top but apparently isn't. If I can see it I'm hoping it isn't lost on Snead and McVay. That overt leadership is out of character for AD. I can only assume that AD saw it and realized what was needed and that it wasn't going to come from Morris, so he took it upon himself to provide it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I followed Gaines at UW and was ecstatic when the Rams drafted him. He has grown with AD's influence. He's going to be a starter for a long time.

That said, I've been critical of Robinson, but he's been money in the playoffs. Robinson on 1st and 2nd downs has been a big part of slowing down the run game. When paired with Gaines, Robinson has emerged as a true run stopper. It's become pick your poison between the tackles when they are faced with this pair.

If you breakdown why Morris needs to play with 2 ILBs on early downs; there was a play where Gaines absorbs the wham block, but Robinson blows up the OG, Reeder crashes what I think was the C gap if I remember correctly, redirecting the RB inside where he's tackled for a loss by Jones. That is how you play early-down runs. All four players played their roles exactly as you would draw upon a whiteboard. These are the kind of plays that are lost to the average viewer as it's all bang bang. People say Reeder missed the tackle that Jones had to clean up. But in reality that was how you stop that perimeter run before it got started. Everyone executed their role.

These are things that weren't there for most if not all of the regular season. I'm overjoyed that we are seeing them now, but the execution is inconsistent because it's relatively new. I'm glad that Morris has finally begun to use his guys better, but in the back of my mind I can't understand why it's taken so long.

That said I guess it's a matter of better late than never. It's going to take that kind of fire to win that Lombardi in a couple of weeks. Like I said, after AD's impassioned rant, the D totally shut the 49er offense down. That is the kind of speech normally given by the DC. That is my concern. This roster is rich in talent. But it needs leadership which normally would come from the top but apparently isn't. If I can see it I'm hoping it isn't lost on Snead and McVay. That overt leadership is out of character for AD. I can only assume that AD saw it and realized what was needed and that it wasn't going to come from Morris, so he took it upon himself to provide it.
It's good to see you seeing the light on some things... Here, I'll offer a path to more...

“I have always considered myself a leader, but more of a lead by example guy. One thing Von has been challenging me a lot more with is just him talking to me, being more vocal, talking to the guys, letting them hear my voice,” Donald said

It's been documented in this article and others.. that Donald has made a conscious effort this year to become a more vocal leader. You see, teams need both players and coaches who can lead.. in fact, I may have read once or twice about Tom Brady's vocal leadership being a thing.. but you might want to double check that.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Btw did anyone else notice the way McVay wanted nothing to do with the NFC trophy? It was like Kroenke was handing him a burning trash can or something. :laugh4:
Sames as hockey. Not one player will touch the trophy untill they get the Stanly Cup

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Tano

Legend
There are so many Ram veterans who have never been to a Super Bowl or have won a SB. Guys like Whitworth, Stafford, AD, Weddle and OBJ. You know they realize this could be their only real chance. I have no doubt they will be focused and totally locked in. Win or lose just getting this far will make signing their FAs a lot easier. Talk about motivation and incentive, the glory of a SB ring lasts a lifetime. I remember listening to Marshall Faulk talk about it at Torrey Pines. His comment that being a champion is something time or people can never take away from you. He said it was second only to getting inducted into the HOF.

Speaking of which I'm blown away by how many potential HOF players are on this roster. Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, Miller and perhaps Whitworth all on the same roster. That has to be a record. If OBJ finishes his career here who knows. Beckham doesn't have a bust or gold jacket but the video of his iconic 2014 one-handed catch is played there being recognized as one of the NFL's most iconic receptions.

It would be a crime if they can't get a ring.

The Bengals are good, but this DL should be able to get to Burrow, as long as they contain him. Defensively they have talent on their DL and in their secondary. They can be a bit inconsistent and it will be imperative that McVay stay balanced as he was against the Niners. Burrows isn't afraid to run with good speed (4.59) so contain will be important. Basically like containing Murray who is faster. I think they can rush 4 and keep Hollins (4.5) as a spy. If the OL can keep Stafford clean I like the Rams matchups.
Damn I thought Weddle made it to the Superbowl with the Ravens and just found out he started with them in 2016

And I completely forgot that the Ravens haven't been in the Superbowl since 2013

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Rewatched the game this afternoon.

Gonna be a long time before that gets old...

happy die hard GIF by Sky