The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The real question is who Luis Suárez will bite next

hqdefault.jpg

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Heard FIFA will expand to 48 teams. Get ready for more of those garbage performances like what many saw with Saudi Arabia; USMNT has 8 years to get their crap together and Pulisic so far is the only player that looks up to par with UEFA club standards.

I would add Weston McKennie who has been playing pretty regularly for Schalke at 19 years old and John Brooks whos at Wolfsburg but was hurt alot this year. We do got a lot of exciting young talent that has a chance to breakthrough soon like Timothy Weah (PSG), Matt Miazga (Chelsea), Tyler Adams (NY Redbulls who is rumored to RB Leipzig possibly), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Andrew Carleton (Atlanta United) and many more. US could have the best team its ever had by 2026, hopefully! (y)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I would add Weston McKennie who has been playing pretty regularly for Schalke at 19 years old and John Brooks whos at Wolfsburg but was hurt alot this year. We do got a lot of exciting young talent that has a chance to breakthrough soon like Timothy Weah (PSG), Matt Miazga (Chelsea), Tyler Adams (NY Redbulls who is rumored to RB Leipzig possibly), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Andrew Carleton (Atlanta United) and many more. US could have the best team its ever had by 2026, hopefully! (y)

Pardon my ignorance, I'm slowly but surely getting into this sport. Just hoping these young guys will get proper development, USMNT is more than capable of building great talent overall but the structure and coaching staff is subpar with Klinsmann's emphasis on trying to experiment but unable to find an identity and Arena's blunders.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Pardon my ignorance, I'm slowly but surely getting into this sport. Just hoping these young guys will get proper development, USMNT is more than capable of building great talent overall but the structure and coaching staff is subpar with Klinsmann's emphasis on trying to experiment but unable to find an identity and Arena's blunders.

You dont sound ignorant and you are bringing up fair questions. The US media doesnt really talk about soccer like other sports in depth. I love that more Americans are embracing US soccer and trying to learn more. If you really want to dig into US soccer more you should visit the US forums on Big Soccer http://www.bigsoccer.com/categories/usa.136/ . I got into the sport more around the 2006 World Cup and have been heavily invested since. Because of that forum I knew about Pulisic well before he was a big name playing first team soccer in the Borussia Dortmund youth leagues and also watching him on the US youth teams. So many knowledgeable soccer fans on that site that track every player in our system. Its an incredibly useful site if you want to really dive into US soccer (y)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Looking forward to supporting 31 teams at the world cup! England can fuck off.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking forward to supporting 31 teams at the world cup! England can freak off.
Saw a poll posted I think it was 60% of Scotland are actively rooting against England. I'm kind of surprised it's that low...

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Saw a poll posted I think it was 60% of Scotland are actively rooting against England. I'm kind of surprised it's that low...

Yeah that's bullshit. More like 80 per cent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a very impressive performance from Iceland. I hadn't seen them in any matches and I came away very impressed.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That was a very impressive performance from Iceland. I hadn't seen them in any matches and I came away very impressed.

They had an impressive run to the quarterfinals at the UEFA Euro 2016, beating England in the Round of 16; shame they got manhandled against France then.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They had an impressive run to the quarterfinals at the UEFA Euro 2016, beating England in the Round of 16; shame they got manhandled against France then.
Yup I'd heard they were good there, I just missed a lot of that tourney.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I can’t believe im actually going to be rooting for the Krauts this morning :palm:

Rooting against CONCACAF the corrupt bastards

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Mexico with the huge upset over Germany

I don't think its that big an upset. It's not like Mexico are scrubs, everyone knew they are a good team. You'd still expect Germany to beat them but it's not a huge shock really.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
And now we get Brazil... don't sleep on the Swiss who are excellent. Extremely well organised and hard working.