The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like the Hammers just agreed with a new Manager. I’m reading between 7 and 10 million a year for Manuel Pellegrini. What do you Hammers think about this?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing official yet on Emery but that's an easier name to get used to than Arteta. I think Arteta could develop into a very good manager. Just not sure I'd be happy with the growing pains being with us.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Nothing official yet on Emery but that's an easier name to get used to than Arteta. I think Arteta could develop into a very good manager. Just not sure I'd be happy with the growing pains being with us.

Allegri was the right move but it looks like after 22 years they club is going polar opposite direction

I was hoping for Allegri or Naglesmann but when it came to that McVay style of hiring i would have wanted Viera or Henry instead of Arteta

Emery is used to working with zero budget and i guess Arsenal will have their sights set in Europa League for some time to come

p.s. F Tottenham

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allegri was the right move but it looks like after 22 years they club is going polar opposite direction

I was hoping for Allegri or Naglesmann but when it came to that McVay style of hiring i would have wanted Viera or Henry instead of Arteta

Emery is used to working with zero budget and i guess Arsenal will have their sights set in Europa League for some time to come

p.s. F Tottenham
Now seeing some info he’ll sign for two years with a third year option and sign in the next couple of days.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like it's official! Welcome to The Arsenal Unai Emery! Looking forward to see what we do in the transfer window, I see quite a few of Arsene's favorites being moved. There's already talk of a team wanting Danny Welbeck. I think what I like most about his resume is him bringing on and getting the most out of the youngsters.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Ozil's mystery injury is gonna be Sanchez drama 2.0 unless Emery gets that cured.

I am looking forward to Emery breaking the likes of Ozil in half with hsi grueling training sessions and fueling his competitiveness.

Honestly I can see Arsenal going only so far as they all buy into the disciplined approach and grueling training and his desire for them to press press press - and most importantly how will Emery react to the likes of Ozil or whomever when they suddenly decide they aren't buying in.

Now if we can get our transfer business done early i'll be thrilled

IN SVEN WE TEUST

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unai Emery.......you'd be better off with Dick. To be fair though I think he should do well. He was very good at Sevilla and did well with PSG but didn't give them the Champions League that they crave for.

As for us, I think anyone working with the filth in our boardroom will struggle. I've ditched my season ticket, I'm done with it over there. Of course I still hope that the Charming Man is a massive success and he has some great pedigree, I just think he'll be hampered by what he has to work with.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unai Emery.......you'd be better off with Dick. To be fair though I think he should do well. He was very good at Sevilla and did well with PSG but didn't give them the Champions League that they crave for.

As for us, I think anyone working with the filth in our boardroom will struggle. I've ditched my season ticket, I'm done with it over there. Of course I still hope that the Charming Man is a massive success and he has some great pedigree, I just think he'll be hampered by what he has to work with.

To be honest though losing to Real Madrid and Barca in the champions league really isn't a resume killer. Yes he had that one bad match when they were up big but I'm not going to hold losing to those 2 against him.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Completely agree Olders, plus he had loads of big egos to deal with at PSG (Neymar for example). I actually think he'll be better suited to Arsenal. Final thing I'd say is he looks like the butler from the Adam Sandler film Mr Deeds, I realise that is irrelevant really though.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ha ha ha the taffs will be fuming. Still it's even worse they've called it a "soccer" match.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read somewhere you fella's over there are getting more ways to watch the Premiere League. Something about Amazon buying the last broadcast package to air some of the games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
World Cup time! Who you guys got? I’m betting on Germany, I bet Ozil plays good and gets us Gooners hopes up, then let’s us down when the season starts.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
World Cup time! Who you guys got? I’m betting on Germany, I bet Ozil plays good and gets us Gooners hopes up, then let’s us down when the season starts.

Germany has to be the favorite considering this is on EU soil despite Brazil actually being the favorites. I like Belgium a lot as a dark horse team and will be rooting for the smaller teams like Iceland and Egypt to make some noise and upset some teams ;).