The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Riddick is a freaking tool. He has absolutely no inside knowledge of what the negotiations have been.

:gtfo:

giphy.gif

Todd59

Rookie
Without knowing numbers offered, we have no clue if the front office is doing anything wrong. If Donald has turned down a contract that would make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, that's not the fault of the front office. The public perception seems to be that the front office is screwing this up (and maybe that's true. I haven't exactly liked the way they have handled the TruJo or Janoris Jenkins contracts lately), but it's definitely possible that Donald is being unreasonable. I wouldn't be surprised to have someone leak the offered contract, if Donald holds out way into the season.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
If Donald had reported at the start of training camp he'd almost certainly have his sweetheart deal by now.

Doubt it. What incentive do the Rams have to give Donald a new deal if he shows up and continues to play, with two years left on his contract?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Rams have been most accommodating of his holdout, probably more than they should.

If Donald had reported at the start of training camp he'd almost certainly have his sweetheart deal by now.
I highly doubt this.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Doubt it. What incentive do the Rams have to give Donald a new deal if he shows up and continues to play, with two years left on his contract?

Well, they were already negotiating a new deal with him before camp started. I doubt they would turn around and say "Psych! You reported, we're not negotiating anymore!" after he reported.

But that does bring up a point - what incentive do the Rams have to bend over backwards when Donald and his agent play hardball when he has two years left on his contract? They have already acknowledged that he has a higher $$$ value than his current salary merely by opening negotiations, and statements like "we want Aaron Donald to be a Ram for life" reinforce that point. At from the way things currently appear, it doesn't seem like Donald is willing to acknowledge that the Rams are trying to do him right.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The Rams have no incentive and nor should they with two years left on his contract. That's the way the CBA reads and that's what the players agreed to. Sorry AD doesn't want to play ball but that's the way it is. He's not gonna win this one. And if they do sign him to a new contract it's gonna be what the rams are prepared to give him, not what that SOB agent wants.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm just here to munch on some popcorn and read all the same comments from the other Donald threads.
Like any good popcorn, the salty ones are the best.
The more demanding and angrier they get, the better... :party:

tempests

Hall of Fame

The only incentive they have to pay him is if he shows up and continues to play.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I just did not expect this from Donald.
Not many players get renegotiated with 2 full years left on their contract, Rams seem willing to do it.
Also the Rams have many players with only 1 year left.

Donald seemed like a "We not me" player. Now I am not so sure. The agent he selected certainly does not have the "we not me" reputation.

Only a few days left for him to report before he has a clear negative impact on the team this year. I still hope that my initial impression of him is more accurate than the one that is developing now.

Ram65

Legend
Everyone knows Aaron Donald is a great play and keeps his nose clean so to speak.

Outside those involved in the negotiation no one knows what the Rams current offer is and what AD agents counter offer is. He got us to click. He could at least thrown out some numbers

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Its a damn shame these Donald threads are most likely going to break us, only because the sides opposing one another are 50/50. This subject is sensitive, and nows the time to not let emotion cloud the rationale. We all know whats right. He has 2 years left on the contract. Therefore; he has an obligation to fulfill. Done.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
These things are silly. Fact of the matter, individually each player cares about one thing.....themselves. If the Rams dont pay Donald and Ogletree gets his money, do you think Ogletree is going to care what happened with Donald?

Each case is an individual business transactions. The Patriots dont pay anyone top dollar and trade anyone who does. Yet plenty of players want to go there.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Leveon Bell has been as good if not better, and for longer, yet dont remember seeing this being said about the Steelers when he was holding out (and he was on a tag not 4th year of 5 year deal). Nor do I see guys like Mack or OBJ, who also have been equally as impressive and drafted same year as Donald, holding out. Regardless how you feel about the situation, saying the Rams are sending a bad message and going about this wrong is a cheap shot, especially without knowing what they even offered him

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Bad message what? Donald deserves to get paid elite money. Just not under the breach of his rookie contract, just hope that once this saga is over, that the NFLPA will take action in restructuring how rookie contracts work so we don't have to deal with this BS again. Also, this better be the last time Todd France works as an NFL agent or any sport for that matter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No matter how you slice it AD is one player. The team has to look at his demands and decide whether the return is there, and go forward accordingly.

Clearly at this point they have decided his demands are beyond what they want to do. So, sure, bash the team Riddick. Bash away even though you have zero idea what has been discussed. Because, you know that stuff isn't important when all you care about is hyperbole and clicks, right?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
In all seriousness, what did Riddick do during his career to make him such an authoritarian to all things football? After his playing days, he couldn't hack it working various positions for some teams, so now he is a "Mr. Know-It-All" on the four-letter network. I take whatever he says, like most of these jag-offs, with a very small grain of salt.

rdw

Pro Bowler
What a moron. We have no idea where each side stands, what has been offered, rejected, and how complex this process is.

yg6FBUF.gif

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
No one has a clue what each side's position is so how anyone can criticise either party is a mystery to me.

What I do know is that neither side is bad mouthing the other. It seems fairly amicable so far for a holdout which has to be a positive thing.

JRobinson

MiLB
EVERYTHING up to this point is PURE speculation. Everything. We know nothing about this situation.