The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If the rams lose against the colts and AD was either a no show or proved hampered by his holdout I am putting this on him because if you want the biggest contract ever you better be ready to make a difference week one, and if the rams subsequently miss the playoffs by one game, then I will be thinking that his quest to become the highest paid defensive player in history was the single most deciding factor. Im sure at that point it could be argued otherwise but I wont give a shit. Now, if the rams beat the colts, and he's not signed, I'll reacess.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Can you even get away with that @ any job?

I won't come into work til you pay me more.

Ok, so be it....Your fired...

Bottomline. Work ethics go a long way in life.

If you're in demand.

I did it once in the military. Got yelled at by a Sergeant Major because I wouldn't play his stupid games outside the wire (I wouldn't give up my position over the radio), so I said I'd hang up my rifle and work in an S shop. Except I was one of the best snipers in the battalion and they needed me... The Battalion Commode quickly rectified the situation.

I mean it's not really a parallel, but if you're in demand, you're in demand. They couldn't force me to pull the trigger, and my demand wasn't at all unreasonable, so they were willing to back down and grant it. But it's not a common thing to happen in the military.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
@blackbart Your link just went to Aaron Donald's twitter page so I didn't know what it was a reference too. I thought I was going to it to see he was announcing he signed an extension or something when I saw your link.
We should be so lucky.

Sorry we misread each other, Rams brother

EasyE

Starter
Don't the other 52 players on the team allow AD to make the money he does?...if they don't show up, the team forfeits ....he can't play by himself...shouldn't he have to share it with the others?...if this is a team sport ?...

I mean the union believes everyone is the same right?... but yet they also believe in merit based system?..I am confused...

I mean really, they are just playing with a ball for God's sake...if u are worried about getting hurt, go do something else..jeeesh...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If the rams lose against the colts and AD was either a no show or proved hampered by his holdout I am putting this on him because if you want the biggest contract ever you better be ready to make a difference week one, and if the rams subsequently miss the playoffs by one game, then I will be thinking that his quest to become the highest paid defensive player in history was the single most deciding factor. Im sure at that point it could be argued otherwise but I wont give a crap. Now, if the rams beat the colts, and he's not signed, I'll reacess.
I'm with you and while I have really enjoyed him being a Ram and expected him to be one for several more years. Just how much is he really worth to the team? Did they have a winning season that I missed with him on the team???

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I guess I should add that I think the rams beat the colts, especially without a healthy luck and now Davis, so if they lose by a score, that could very well be the AD difference, and that is where I draw the line on agent negotiations. Yeah, you got yours,--and part of someone else's--while missing the playoffs. Congratulations.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And that has a big zip zero nada to do with good work ethics

Ethics is a function of one's environment. I haven't heard anyone in football say what AD is doing is unethical. In fact, it's expected. The Rams aren't mad - they are working to get a deal done - with an intensity that only deadlines tend to bring.

Don't the other 52 players on the team allow AD to make the money he does?...if they don't show up, the team forfeits ....he can't play by himself...shouldn't he have to share it with the others?...if this is a team sport ?...

I mean the union believes everyone is the same right?... but yet they also believe in merit based system?..I am confused...

I mean really, they are just playing with a ball for God's sake...if u are worried about getting hurt, go do something else..jeeesh...

This isn't the union at some paper mill. This is the NFLPA and no - they certainly don't believe everyone is the same and they certainly believe in the merit system.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that has a big zip zero nada to do with good work ethics

It has everything to do with it. Everyone knows ad is the hardest worker on the team. You don't think he realises he has to be in shape if he wants to play week 1?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/what-are-work-ethics-faq.htm

Not trying to get philosophical, but this is affecting his teamates and his fans. He has a choice, and the wise choice would be to honor the contract and show up til a deal is laid out.

The NFLPA wants him to make sure he gets the biggest deal he can get - is it affecting the fans, sure - I can see that. Have you seen any of his teammates complain? Heck - have you ever heard an NFL player complain when another holds out? It's part of their business.

And allaboutphilosophy.org is just not going to be a relevant authority here The point is - ethics are taken in context. If someone signed 30 year contract to plow the roads in case it ever snowed in south Florida and when it finally actually snowed in year 22 they decided to break that contract and hold out for more money, that might be unethical. Here, we are dealing with a holdout that is contemplated by the CBA, was anticipated by both sides for the last half a year, and has been utilized effectively by other players both recently and historically.

As a fan, you can be pissed and it seems you are. But don't you wonder why the Rams aren't?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFLPA wants him to make sure he gets the biggest deal he can get - is it affecting the fans, sure - I can see that. Have you seen any of his teammates complain? Heck - have you ever heard an NFL player complain when another holds out? It's part of their business.

And allaboutphilosophy.org is just not going to be a relevant authority here The point is - ethics are taken in context. If someone signed 30 year contract to plow the roads in case it ever snowed in south Florida and when it finally actually snowed in year 22 they decided to break that contract and hold out for more money, that might be unethical. Here, we are dealing with a holdout that is contemplated by the CBA, was anticipated by both sides for the last half a year, and has been utilized effectively by other players both recently and historically.

As a fan, you can be ticked and it seems you are. But don't you wonder why the Rams aren't?
Come on really? You expect teammates to criticize him? Never going to happen they want a bigger share of the pie. Contracts go up, salary cap goes up and no player will criticize another for a holdout. Can't remember the last time I heard one do it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Come on really? You expect teammates to criticize him? Never going to happen they want a bigger share of the pie. Contracts go up, salary cap goes up and no player will criticize another for a holdout. Can't remember the last time I heard one do it.

That was my point - I expect his teammates support him 100%

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What the fuck do you want them to do? Cater to his every need and desire? The Rams have an entire team to worry about. Aaron Donald at this point is only in it for the money. Get your ass to practice.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Memo to Snead-Demoff -Take note. This is why The Rams have stunk for a quite a while.

The last time this team went .500 was in 2006. Winning half of their games has been an unachievable feat for a decade now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Riddick is a fucking tool. He has absolutely no inside knowledge of what the negotiations have been.

:gtfo:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams have been most accommodating of his holdout, probably more than they should.

If Donald had reported at the start of training camp he'd almost certainly have his sweetheart deal by now.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Memo to Snead-Demoff -Take note. This is why The Rams have stunk for a quite a while.

The last time this team went .500 was in 2006. Winning half of their games has been an unachievable feat for a decade now.
I disagree completely. There was a player named Orlando Pace who pulled the same crap back then. Eric Dickerson before him.

It's TMZSPN creating drama, you're worrying too much.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Nothing but a young naive player listening to his greedy agent. It's really that simple, Rams have all the power here and some ex football players just can't stand that the owner (their boss) has power over them. Welcome to life, get over it.