The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
me too...your hard ball stance made me say OUCH! But that's how you do business...but not with your talent. I mean, me, oldschool, jrry could be workers too...but with say...flv/x....that's the TALENT..they must be treated differently.

Just put it out there as a team where you are drawing the line. Every team has that point, be honest with AD and his team and then set a deadline. You can call it a hardball stance, and that's fair, but it's just the way I'd do it. I'd tell him "this is as far as I can go and here's your deadline for taking/refusing the deal" and that's it. No reason to really go any further than that and stretch this thing out.

I am a huge fan of Aaron. Not telling the Rams where to draw that line, just suggesting they do it. And tbh sometimes the player needs that deadline to know past that point there's going to be pain. And he can then make his decision from there.

No one player is > the team for myself. Just the way I see it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I mistakenly opened page 1 of this thread, instead of 1st unread, and was amazed to see exactly the same info that's being said today.
Its like "literally" the same posts
Haha

No doubt, in fact I mistakenly opened page 1 of this thread, instead of 1st unread, and was amazed to see exactly the same info that's being said today.
Its like "literally" the same posts
Haha

Almost the exact same, you're right! :p

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The fact that neither side has drawn a line in the sand is encouraging - I suppose. Niether side (at least publically) is closing the negotiations. If it costs a game or two or three to get the right long term deal done under the cap - I can live with that (so long as we win those games anyway)

bluecoconuts

Legend

I really hope this is true.

I won't hate Donald when he returns, I'll root for him, even if he gets some bullshit 3 year out.

But I'm disappointed, and I can't help but think less of him.

Sitting out of training camp? Sure. Sitting out of the regular season? No. If he misses a single game, I will think less of him regardless of the outcome and regardless if he comes back the next day. He can come back today, and if he misses Sunday, I'll think less. I can't help it.

I remember getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan and suddenly two guys in my company disappeared. Going AWOL isn't a common thing in the Rangers, we all wanted to be there. So when two guys up and left about 4 months prior to a deployment when we were just ramping up training was a shock. We were pissed, these guys abandoned us.

Or so we thought.

The morning we were leaving, heading the flight line, these two guys show back up. Walk up to the Commode and say they're ready to deploy. They remained in shape, they even kept up their training as best as they could.

They didn't deploy with us, but 2 weeks later they joined us. They demonstrated they could still operate to our rear detachment and was sent over, and immediately were welcomed back as they joined us right as we were heading to our outpost in the middle of the Korengal.

They didn't want to deal with the Army bullshit in the rear, but they weren't going to let their brothers in arms go into battle without them, and they made sure they were with us.

Donald is willing to let his brothers in arms go into battle without him. Without their best man. It won't matter how much time passes, it won't matter how many amazing plays, or how many times I cheer him on, I won't forget that. I won't be able to.

And that's disappointing.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I really hope this is true.

I won't hate Donald when he returns, I'll root for him, even if he gets some bullcrap 3 year out.

But I'm disappointed, and I can't help but think less of him.

Sitting out of training camp? Sure. Sitting out of the regular season? No. If he misses a single game, I will think less of him regardless of the outcome and regardless if he comes back the next day. He can come back today, and if he misses Sunday, I'll think less. I can't help it.

I remember getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan and suddenly two guys in my company disappeared. Going AWOL isn't a common thing in the Rangers, we all wanted to be there. So when two guys up and left about 4 months prior to a deployment when we were just ramping up training was a shock. We were ticked, these guys abandoned us.

Or so we thought.

The morning we were leaving, heading the flight line, these two guys show back up. Walk up to the Commode and say they're ready to deploy. They remained in shape, they even kept up their training as best as they could.

They didn't deploy with us, but 2 weeks later they joined us. They demonstrated they could still operate to our rear detachment and was sent over, and immediately were welcomed back as they joined us right as we were heading to our outpost in the middle of the Korengal.

They didn't want to deal with the Army bullcrap in the rear, but they weren't going to let their brothers in arms go into battle without them, and they made sure they were with us.

Donald is willing to let his brothers in arms go into battle without him. Without their best man. It won't matter how much time passes, it won't matter how many amazing plays, or how many times I cheer him on, I won't forget that. I won't be able to.

And that's disappointing.
All AD had to do, IMO, is show up for work per his contract and allow his representation and the Rams to work out the new deal concurrently. Instead, he chose to place himself above the entire team. I can't respect that. It has absolutely nothing to do with the money. I believe in integrity and principal above money.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
My guess for why it's taking so long is because demoff and co are trying to figure out a contract structure that would not interfere with resigning some of our other soon to be FA. Such as Ogltree, tru, Watkins etc.

I hope this gets done soon. I have a brand new throwback Donald jersey that I want to wear so bad but will hold off until AD signs on the doted line.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it's called...leverage....that's all people spoke about...now, when you see his REAL leverage, you wanna get all ticked. LOL

You THINK AD doesn't wanna play? They guy got up at 5am EVERYDAY...as a 12 year old to lift weights to get better...you think our hardest worker doesn't wanna play? It's about fair...and what's right. He's earned it. And the Rams have shown they pay guys...not only on what they've done, but what they WILL do (Tavon & Quinn) with 2 years left on contracts. Precedent set.

You're bigger than that man oleschool...AD...no matter how bad this looks, is right. Look no further than Odell....less physical position...and he plays....and almost got ruined.

Guarantee the man his money, that he's earned. And he'll be here showing Smart, Walker, Westbrooks, Brockers, and others how to get Son of Bums defense running.
Bullshit LA ... he has been offered his money ... he don't like it he can sit for 4 years and tell his grandkids how he coulda been a hall of famer

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 3 year opt out should be a nonstarter for the Rams. We have team control for 4 years - it should be common sense for Aaron to realize no business in the world would do that.

And if you want to relate it to real life, yes, sometimes we get cost of living increases - and the performances bonuses and increases we get - all of that ranges between 2-10% of our pay. So sure Aaron, you want a raise? The Rams would have no problem giving you a 10% increase. Oh, what's that? You want a 2000% increase? Well....you're under contract for two more years and then we can franchise you....but okay, we'll give you the 2000% increase over 6 years. Wait, what? You want a 2000% increase and an opt out clause in 3 years? (dial tone)

And the thing that's irritating is how the public thinks the Rams just don't want to pay him.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels like a big distraction for a young team that needs to be focused .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Feels like a big distraction for a young team that needs to be focused .

Honestly, it's probably more of a distraction for us than for the Rams players and coaches. I'm thinking they are more focused on Indy right about now. Given that AD hasn't been here all pre-season, it's not as if they are scrambling to replace him now.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
just read that AD is in Pittsburg. there wont be a signing today.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I am a Los Angeles Rams fan. Which means I root for the players on the field unless they are on IR. If a player chooses not to be on the team, then as far as I'm concerned, he's not a Ram. I'm for pulling all offers off the table until he shows up ready to participate. I wouldn't trade him. Let him stay in Pitt and find another job that pays him 2 million dollars a month. (if that is indeed the vicinity of the offer).