The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our D has shown glimpses but never been great

Look how we ranked stat-wise

Total team defense efficiency:
2015 - 7th
2014 - 9th
2013 - 11th

I mean I know that's not the entire indicator of greatness at all but it shows stat wise we aren't in the top 5 and none of the guys leaving has gotten us past 7-8

So right now I'm not concerned at all and think we an get guys to buy in even more who are cheaper and better. Long, JL, McLeod, are part of a losing history - I believe our replacements will take us to the next level
we need a decent offense to take our defense to the next level. Our defense needs to stay fresh to be more productive.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Well freak me. I personally would have paid him that with the new salary cap. $7.4 isn't bad for a starting safety that we can trust.

But hey, at least Demoff got the Rams moved to LA and Stan added to his billions. yippee.

I thought the point of cutting the ageing Long, Laurinaitis and Cook was to sign our young defensive stars, I guess I was wrong...

A55VA6

Legend
Rams have seriously still done nothing but let their players walk away. Unbelievable.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I thought the point of cutting the ageing Long, Laurinaitis and Cook was to sign our young defensive stars, I guess I was wrong...

Aaron Donald, Alec Ogletree, Michael Brockers, Tavon Austin to go with Trumaine Johnson?

I mean it's not gonna happen now, but it's sooner rather than later.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
LMAO, that would be icing on the cake. Wtf.

And you are absolutely right, spending big bucks in free agency for OTHER teams players has rarely been a factor for winning teams. Winning teams draft or sign rookies well, develop them, and resign them to a second contract to keep their core from constantly fluctuating too much. And that is what the Pats, Packs, and Seahawks have done. Today is the Rams doing the exact opposite of what most winning teams do. So you are right, unfortunately it isn't good for the Rams.

How so? When have you seen the Hawks, Pats or Pack resign a player to top 5 money without making a pro bowl? Never. Seahawks drafted Sherman and Maxwell. They felt Sherman was a better player kept him and let Maxwell go for top dollar. Rams did the same with Jenks and Tru. You cant keep everyone

Psycho_X

Legend
How so? When have you seen the Hawks, Pats or Pack resign a player to top 5 money without making a pro bowl? Never. Seahawks drafted Sherman and Maxwell. They felt Sherman was a better player kept him and let Maxwell go for top dollar. Rams did the same with Jenks and Tru. You cant keep everyone

They don't let them hit free agency.in the first place. Usually sign them before the last year of their rookie contract.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Well boys we got 1 hour and 15 minutes................ and all I hear are crickets

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Here's a summary of the rams free agency so far. For some reason snisher scared them all off.

giphy.gif

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
They don't let them hit free agency.in the first place. Usually sign them before the last year of their rookie contract.

IMO situations are completely different. Deciding to lock up Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancelor, Earl Thomas, Rob Gonkowski, Jordy Nelson, etc. is different those guys were really good and consistently played at an pro bowl level under their rookie contract. Rams have only had the opportunity to make that type of decision once and they did it Rob Quin and will probably do it as early as next season for Donald.

Jenks didn't play with any sort of consistency until his contract year a deal didn't really make sense for either side because the rams were unsure if they wanted to invest in a guy who was so inconsistent and on Jenks end he knew he could increase his value with a good year AKA clamp season. Same goes for Rodney to a lesser extent

Status
Not open for further replies.