The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Even if things are not going the way everyone expected. I always love this day in football. It is one of the more entertaining parts of the offseason. Its more fun than the combine by a mile.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
GOOD GOD MAN! they may really be planning on him being the starter next year:shocked::puke::headexplosion::rant:
I sure hope so at this point. I would HATE to see us make a foolish trade up for one of this year's QB options. We already have a developmental guy in Mannion.

Psycho_X

Legend
Whats a first round tender cost? $3-4 million probably? Honestly Keenum is worth being here as a backup at worse and that's not a bad price for a decent backup QB which Keenum is. I think the Rams saw the vultures circling with the Broncos losing Brock so just did it to be safe. I don't think this would change their plans in the draft if they have one regarding QB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard the Texans signed Osweiller...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I sure hope so at this point. I would HATE to see us make a foolish trade up for one of this year's QB options. We already have a developmental guy in Mannion.

So, what does this say about the way they view Mannion? A QB who was supposedly NFL ready coming out of college? Not much.

I think the Rams saw the vultures circling with the Broncos losing Brock so just did it to be safe

Or they saw an opportunity to CASH in big time on Keenum.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
7406.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Robert Griffin III is on the Broncos' radar, and "could be visiting Denver."

With Brock Osweiler bolting for Houston, the Broncos are suddenly in desperate need of a quarterback. RGIII and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the top names left on the open market, though Brian Hoyer could be earning his walking papers from the Texans. Going from Peyton Manning to RGIII would be about as big of a system change as possible. RGIII would be asked to caretake for a run and play action heavy offense.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:17 PM

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not too pleased with the way the Rams have handled Free Agency so far. I like letting Jenkins go for that price. Unsure on McLeod. He seemed to be getting better every year and might well have proved worth it in the end. Cunningham and Keenum not being dealt with appropriately. Don't seem to even be kickign any tires to see if we can grab guys on reasonable deals. Get it together, Snisher!

Psycho_X

Legend
By the way, I just looked it up and the first round tender amount this year is $3.635M. I'll take that for a backup QB and a little peace of mind. Not like we're spending our money on anything else atm.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Let's trade Foles to Denver.

Anyway we target Weddle? Getting him would really help soften the blow of losing Rodney and JackRabbit

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
So, what does this say about the way they view Mannion? A QB who was supposedly NFL ready coming out of college? Not much.

I don't think you can read too much into that. No matter their view on Mannion we need more than one QB. Perhaps it means they believe Mannion can compete for the starting job and Keenum is (relatively) cheap insurance. No way to make more than a WAG at this point.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Keenum wasnt that bad
I like the guy's grit and he can play
Instead of this being an indictment on Mannion I think it's more about Nick Folds

Wouldn't this create a demand for Nick Folds? Keenum is the bridge QB and that hand has been shown

The fact the Super Bowl champs are interested in Keenum means he can play - which again is a good sign

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 54]Screenshot_2016-03-09-13-27-20 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 9, 2016 at 1:30 PM[/GALLERY]

Status
Not open for further replies.