The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Say goodbye to McLeod boys:

Former Rams S Rodney McLeod will go to the Eagles on a 5-year, $37 million deal that includes $17 guaranteed, per source.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McLeod to the Eagles..........

Rams lose: Jenkins, McLeod, Laurinaitis, Long, Cook
Rams retain: T..Johnson
Rams gain:

GREAT JOB SO FAR

They better get Barron back.

And it sure would have been nice to see them add a piece for this craptastic passing attack. I am more annoyed by the lack of movement there than anywhere else. I knew one of two CBs would be gone. I knew McLeod would cash in. They had the depth to absorb both. But the Rams don't have enough picks to address all their needs, they have a ton of FA space and need to get in on this and fill a hole or two.

If they strike out in FA it's whatever, though. We'll be talking new head coach by November if not before.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Rams interested in KC CB Sean Smith according to bleacherreport. Go get em baby. Cheaper and better then Janoris

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
I don't even know what to think right now. They better have some master plan or something because this is stressing me out

fearsomefour

Legend
Really would have been nice to see the Rams prioritize a WR. I'm a little irked by that tbh, but it's just starting so we'll see.
There would have to be someone the team would see as a real difference maker.
If there was that guy, I don't think there is, but, if there was and he was signed for big money it would mean not going WR in the first round. Thats all good and well. But, spending big money on either a solid route guy or a #2/3 kind of WR doesn't make sense. That is why I was saying resign Quick as the #5 for minimum money and see if he can get back where he was pre injury. Outside of Jones and maybe Kearse I don't see an upgrade. But at $8M per? Thats hard to swallow.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
When your watching all your key FAs in there prime walking out the door and all the other teams signing all the best FAs before the new league year even opens I don't think its being overly critical. What the hell is Snisher doing? were gonna have more holes than we can fill at this rate with only 6 draft picks. They have a ton of money to spend why not spend it? I don't want the rams rebuilding the first year in LA.
I hear ya bro, just trying to talk you off the ledge. The question becomes would you spend 20 mil o. Mcleod and JJ. I say no, it certainly isn't LA but our FO holding us back from tose signings. Once it becomes about maquee skill position players thats when the LA thing will pay dividends.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know how much of a role he had in that decision. Dude is a career back up.
True.
I would think a team would take him on and give him a shot however. There are teams that need to find a starter, ours for one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Weddle said he's going to a contender. Don't think he will consider us that

Yeah agreed. We have a QB room full of backups, our WR corps is among the worst in the league, and we don't have a threat at TE to make up for it. Worst passing game in the league and it ain't gonna get better overnight unless they do something drastic.

I am really disappointed in them so far. I really expected them to add one WR in FA to boost what is a terrible unit. There's still time and all, but they gotta go after a Kearse and/or Fleener to get some vet talent in here that can help them out.

A55VA6

Legend
"Ok Tavon, here's the deal.. We need you to run around and score 9 TD's or we'll lose"

TavonAustin.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
McLeod was a free safety in every sense of the word, he made TD saving tackles. He was never a "make a play" guy. We probably have his replacement on the team. I liked him, we gave him a chance, developed him, and he left for big money.

If we can't get our team to buy in, then we won't ever be good. Never be sustainable. We can't pay 0ver 32 million for 3 guys, who all play in the secondary. Can't do it. Good for them, fuck them.

Migos must not mean, what we think it means.

They weren't worth the money. We need WR, we need QB. We had depth in the secondary. We have to sign Barron.

Status
Not open for further replies.