The more I look at their film the more...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

scifiman

I'm all for Bradford doing well. I'll give him credit when it's due. The goal is get to the playoffs and win a championship. #8 is in his 5th year so no more excuses for him. The talent is there. Get it done. Luck got his team from 2-14 to the playoffs in 1 year with little talent. Year 2 Luck had his team in the playoffs again. Same goes for Kaep and Wilson. They've gotten their teams to a Super Bowl.
Our team has the talent now to get to the next level. If Bradford can't get us to the playoffs with what's around him now, then it's time to move on.
If people on this board thinks this is bashing, then I don't need to be here.
Crazyhorn, ignorance is only from those who will continue to support and be satisfied with mediocrity.
I have in the past debated the whole Bradford performance thing too. I am done doing that. I only want what is best for the rams. If he is the rams only and best option then I will hope for the best. I will root for him to succeed and for the team at the same time as with all the players. I think this year if he can put a full season in he may put up some good numbers and if the defense plays well then the rams as a team will do well. If he does not then I would expect the fans to be wanting to go in a new direction. That would be obvious. To me anyway. And then let the debate rage on again. That is why I am done with that debate. Nothing we can do or have a say on so is kind of pointless to argue about it.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Here are my concerns about this whole debate. I believe it all comes down to expectations. Some people question Bradford for not being a raw raw leader. Even though, history suggest that just a raw raw style is not the only style of leadership that works at the QB position. The other expectation that concerns me the most is the one where people suggest that Bradford missed a receiver, or he should of step up, or he should have thrown the ball 3/4 of an inch to left and a 1/2 inch lower. Really guys, come on their is not a QB in this league that is perfect. Peyton, Brady, Dan, and many Hall of Famers have made many poor choices and bad throws. They have all taken sacks when they should not have. They have all made bad throws.

My point is if you expect Bradford to be perfect then what is your solution? Cause anyone you bring in will not be perfect. If you want to question his flaws at least support your argument and quit making vague comments.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And why does a naturally very accurate passer make a very inaccurate throw in a critical situation?

Some would that's a sign of a QB who just isn't the guy. We shall see.

I say it's 100% the bold. It's only not, if someone can show me a time where an attempted 20 yard pass gets tipped. The angle of release is greater on the intermediate to deep passes. No chance for a DL to deflect those. Over the course of a game where the majority of the passes are under 10 yards-absolutely a DL can get his hands on one or more of those. DL is trained to jump to knock those down if they're not getting pressure. It's easy pickings if a 6'5" QB is throwing a 5 yard dump to a 5'10" RB.

Nah, it's not 100%. Peyton Manning throws plenty of short passes but doesn't have issues with batted passes.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
haha. You made me snot too.
You must snot a lot.

Because there are plenty of football writers that say the same thing.

It is what it is, though. As I said, 6 months and the wait is over. Along with the snot.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Nah, it's not 100%. Peyton Manning throws plenty of short passes but doesn't have issues with batted passes.

Come on. That Brady miss was no where near as awful at the Bradford miss against SF. The Bradford miss was embarrassingly bad.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
People see what they wanna see.
Some look at Kaepernik and see a gifted young QB. I see a one-read and run athlete.

I look at Bradford and see a QB we can win with.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You must snot a lot.

Because there are plenty of football writers that say the same thing.

It is what it is, though. As I said, 6 months and the wait is over. Along with the snot.
Nah, I did that because a cool discussion was taking place and then you came in with that nugget of "Mlllahhhh, maybe he's not the guy!"

I just thought it was funny is all. I don't care what plenty of football writers say. I write about football too, ya know. (y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Come on. That Brady miss was no where near as awful at the Bradford miss against SF. The Bradford miss was embarrassingly bad.
Sorry. I couldn't find a pass by any QB in the history of the league that was more horrendous than that incompletion for a sure TD that resulted in a field goal for us. I thought a bad decision (which was what I was responding to) that resulted in an interception for a defensive TD was close, but apparently I was mistaken. I'll try to be more diligent in the future.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Nah, I did that because a cool discussion was taking place and then you came in with that nugget of "Mlllahhhh, maybe he's not the guy!"

I just thought it was funny is all. I don't care what plenty of football writers say. I write about football too, ya know. (y)

Well, from what I've seen there are plenty of knowledgeable guys who post on this board who say maybe he's the guy, and maybe he's not. I'm just another voice saying the same thing. But I like funny too.

And aren't we all looking forward to this season more than any other in a very long time?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sorry. I couldn't find a pass by any QB in the history of the league that was more horrendous than that incompletion for a sure TD that resulted in a field goal for us. I thought a bad decision (which was what I was responding to) that resulted in an interception for a defensive TD was close, but apparently I was mistaken. I'll try to be more diligent in the future.

I'm sure you could. Try looking at some of Kyle Boller's games.

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't read all the replies but I did see stat comparisons. If you're going to get into stats then take a look at when and how Bradford compiled his stats. Dump offs and late in games when we've only scored 3pts offensive points for 3 quarters and we're in catch up mode.
Comparing stats vs Andrew Luck is a perfect example of how deceiving stats are when it comes to wins and losses. When Luck has 3rd and 13, he throws it 13+ and converts 3rd downs to extend drives. He looks down the field as the 1st option. Bradford is quick to check down or throw it without a chance for a completion. You'd have to be blind or have no memory of how futile he has been on 3rd downs and red zone conversions.
He was on pace to have a real good year last season while still leading us to a losing record. Personally, I don't see how he improves after an ACL injury. I hope he does, but I think I've seen enough over 4 seasons.
Look up what Kurt Warner has said about Sam Bradford. I suppose Warner doesn't know what he's seeing also.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't read all the replies but I did see stat comparisons. If you're going to get into stats then take a look at when and how Bradford compiled his stats. Dump offs and late in games when we've only scored 3pts offensive points for 3 quarters and we're in catch up mode.
Comparing stats vs Andrew Luck is a perfect example of how deceiving stats are when it comes to wins and losses. When Luck has 3rd and 13, he throws it 13+ and converts 3rd downs to extend drives. He looks down the field as the 1st option. Bradford is quick to check down or throw it without a chance for a completion. You'd have to be blind or have no memory of how futile he has been on 3rd downs and red zone conversions.
He was on pace to have a real good year last season while still leading us to a losing record. Personally, I don't see how he improves after an ACL injury. I hope he does, but I think I've seen enough over 4 seasons.
Look up what Kurt Warner has said about Sam Bradford. I suppose Warner doesn't know what he's seeing also.
Here's a stat that you won't find unless you do the work yourself.

Luck against the NFC West last year:
82/141 (58% comp) 904 yards, 4 TDs, 4 Ints, 7 sacks, 2 fumbles (1 returned for a TD) for a 73.3 QB Rating overall.
Third down conversions against the NFC West - 19-49 (38.7%)

Maybe the teams you're playing against matter a little.

Then there's this. QB Rating in the redzone last year:
Rams - 9th in the league (92.5 QB Rating)
Colts - 29th in the league (75.1 QB Rating)

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Here's a stat that you won't find unless you do the work yourself.

Luck against the NFC West last year:
82/141 (58% comp) 904 yards, 4 TDs, 4 Ints, 7 sacks, 2 fumbles (1 returned for a TD) for a 73.3 QB Rating overall.
Third down conversions against the NFC West - 19-49 (38.7%)

Maybe the teams you're playing against matter a little.

Then there's this. QB Rating in the redzone last year:
Rams - 9th in the league (92.5 QB Rating)
Colts - 29th in the league (75.1 QB Rating)

X i don't think Kurt Warner is going to be happy with those numbers. lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
X i don't think Kurt Warner is going to be happy with those numbers. lol
I like and respect Kurt Warner a lot. He was gushing praise for Bradford before the 2011 season (said he would be a Superstar), and then he amended his evaluation recently to include his concerns about Bradford's skittishness in the pocket after that season, and the one after, concluded. He doesn't think Bradford isn't good. He just sees some things that need to be corrected (like taking more chances down field). I'd be willing to bet though, and I'm climbing out on a limb here, but if Bradford had Holt, Bruce, Hakim, Boldin OR Fitzgerald (not even a combination of two of them), he'd probably take more chances. lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Really? Down by 7 with the end-zone in sight late in the 4th, Brady throws a horribly inaccurate pass that's picked off to lose the game and it's not as bad as Bradford's? Come on, Max. Especially if you consider this:
Yes, he did. It was an ugly play. But keep in mind that things are not always what they seem. NFL passing offenses are about precision and spots. If you recall ever hearing Warner talk about what he did...he threw to SPOTS. Which means if his guy wasn't where he was supposed to be, Warner looked the fool.

On that particular play, there was a blown coverage. I know they were running a variant of the "Levels" play that the Colts loved to run with Manning. What I can't tell you is what route Pettis was supposed to run on the play. Bradford very well could have just missed him. Or Pettis wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Because viewing the play on Coach's Film, Bradford threw it as if he was expecting Pettis to run a flag(corner) route whereas Pettis never really made a hard cut. He just kind of faded towards the sidelines while running a go route. So I can't tell you if that was just inaccurate throw on the part of Bradford, a miscommunication on the part of either player or Pettis getting over-excited and not running his route properly.

However, I can tell you that they ran the same play later in the game with Cook in Pettis's place and Cook ran a flag(corner) route. It was actually on the play with worst pass I saw Bradford throw all year.(the ball that bounced off Whitner's hands into Cook's)
SFPlay1_zps450c7901.png

SFPlay2_zps21e1900c.png

The blue spot is where Bradford threw the football in the first pic(the Pettis miss).

Like I said, we don't know for sure but I think it's worth considering. All I'm saying is that things are not always as black and white as they appear.

Now, I won't absolve Bradford entirely even if Pettis was supposed to run the flag because had Bradford put more air under it, it would have been a TD. That all said, none of us know what was at fault on that play. And based on the play that was run later, it seemed to me that Pettis didn't make his cut when he was supposed to and wasn't where he was supposed to be.