The more I look at their film the more...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfreak

I see that we added Warren Sapp (Aaron Donald) and Larry Allen (Greg Robinson). If this comes to fruition then we should see the playoffs a lot more often. My only concern is our QB position which could slow down the pace of our success.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see that we added Warren Sapp (Aaron Donald) and Larry Allen (Greg Robinson). If this comes to fruition then we should see the playoffs a lot more often. My only concern is our QB position which could slow down the pace of our success.
It has come to fruition and our QB will highlight our success. Any questions?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

How could you be concerned with the QB situation when you walked all around Manhattan wearing that #8 jersey? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Seriously, if you remember both Snead and Demoff repeatedly said before the draft that they had focused on doing what the Ravens and Bucs did in the 1990's, that being, draft 2 HOFers in the first round in the same year. They had pasted on the walls, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks for the Bucs, and Jon Ogden and Ray Lewis for the Ravens. That's a lofty goal, but we took our best shot, I think.

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Max, that's what I was thinking. They have a good chance to nail this one. Last year it was Austin and Olgetree. Combine those 4 for the next 5 years and let's add up what happens.
By the way, I couldn't find my Bruce or Pace jersey so I had to go with #8! Lol. I'm still amazed at the support Bradford gets. I don't see it but hey, let's hope he stays healthy and has his 1st winning season of his NFL career. This ACL injury makes me feel he'll be even quicker to dump off, then maneuver in the pocket to buy time and make a play. He didn't do it when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll do it now.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Max, that's what I was thinking. They have a good chance to nail this one. Last year it was Austin and Olgetree. Combine those 4 for the next 5 years and let's add up what happens.
By the way, I couldn't find my Bruce or Pace jersey so I had to go with #8! Lol. I'm still amazed at the support Bradford gets. I don't see it but hey, let's hope he stays healthy and has his 1st winning season of his NFL career. This ACL injury makes me feel he'll be even quicker to dump off, then maneuver in the pocket to buy time and make a play. He didn't do it when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll do it now.

You're on a mostly pro-Bradford board. But really, you're on a pro-Rams board. There aren't many Rams players that don't get support here. Heck, I got kicked off once when I said Gibson was bum WR.

As far a Bradford is concerned, it kinda breaks out into 2 major groups here, guys who think Bradford is just fine, and others who think it's make or break for him this year. But nobody here wants to run him out of town just yet. I know there are other boards that feel differently.

BTW, that's a great pic you've got there from the draft. So glad I decided to go this year, better than I thought it would be.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes, he did.

crazyhorns

Rookie
"This ACL injury makes me feel he'll be even quicker to dump off, then maneuver in the pocket to buy time and make a play. He didn't do it when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll do it now."

When I see these kind of statements about Bradford it makes me wonder do these people actually watch the games? Or am I just crazy? Because Bradford had a great year last year up until his injury. He had a bunch of young receivers and a couple of them were rookies with a newly acquired free agent Tight End. Even with those obstacles he went through his progressions and put up close to 300 yards passing on several occasions.

I feel like their is no point arguing with ignorance. The media has painted a picture of Bradford and many people just believe what they hear and do not observe for themselves. Bradford did a great job of staying in the pocket and taking hits to give his receivers a little more time. He also scrabbled on numerous occasions and unfortunately that led to his injury. It's kind of funny how the poster complains that Bradford dumps the ball off and did not acknowledge how Bradford got injured it was due to trying to buy more time and get a positive play. Nuff said GO RAMS

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This ACL injury makes me feel he'll be even quicker to dump off, then maneuver in the pocket to buy time and make a play. He didn't do it when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll do it now.

When I see these kind of statements about Bradford it makes me wonder do these people actually watch the games? Or am I just crazy? Because Bradford had a great year last year up until his injury. He had a bunch of young receivers and a couple of them were rookies with a newly acquired free agent Tight End. Even with those obstacles he went through his progressions and put up close to 300 yards passing on several occasions.

I feel like their is no point arguing with ignorance. The media has painted a picture of Bradford and many people just believe what they hear and do not observe for themselves. Bradford did a great job of staying in the pocket and taking hits to give his receivers a little more time. He also scrabbled on numerous occasions and unfortunately that led to his injury. It's kind of funny how the poster complains that Bradford dumps the ball off and did not acknowledge how Bradford got injured it was due to trying to buy more time and get a positive play. Nuff said GO RAMS

Go easy on Ramfreak, he is new to this board and had spent too much time on the PD board listening to all the Bradford bashers. They wore him down.

I brought him over here to help him see the light. Let's bring him along slowly....

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Let's hope the RAMS have their first winning season since drafting Sam Bradford. ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man, I love the Tre Mason pick, as well. He's so shifty! I compare him to McCoy without the monster jump cut.

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm all for Bradford doing well. I'll give him credit when it's due. The goal is get to the playoffs and win a championship. #8 is in his 5th year so no more excuses for him. The talent is there. Get it done. Luck got his team from 2-14 to the playoffs in 1 year with little talent. Year 2 Luck had his team in the playoffs again. Same goes for Kaep and Wilson. They've gotten their teams to a Super Bowl.
Our team has the talent now to get to the next level. If Bradford can't get us to the playoffs with what's around him now, then it's time to move on.
If people on this board thinks this is bashing, then I don't need to be here.
Crazyhorn, ignorance is only from those who will continue to support and be satisfied with mediocrity.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Damn that was a beautiful throw...
Yes it was.

I love the throw when Bradford scrambles to his left and throws against his body to Quick along the sideline. He never gets enough credit for his throws on the move.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Crazyhorn, ignorance is only from those who will continue to support and be satisfied with mediocrity.
That made me snot a little. I hate it when that happens. When you laugh, but your mouth isn't open, and it's allergy season...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all for Bradford doing well. I'll give him credit when it's due. The goal is get to the playoffs and win a championship. #8 is in his 5th year so no more excuses for him. The talent is there. Get it done. Luck got his team from 2-14 to the playoffs in 1 year with little talent. Year 2 Luck had his team in the playoffs again. Same goes for Kaep and Wilson. They've gotten their teams to a Super Bowl.

With little talent? Luck played in the worst division in football the past two years with more than enough talent.

Kaep and Wilson? Lets not even start on talent there. You're comparing apples to oranges.

You know who else got his team to the Super Bowl? Joe Flacco. With some of the best post-season play ever. You know what he followed that up with in 2013? 19 TDs to 22 Ints. Do you know why that happened? As knowledgeable Ravens fans have said, Flacco was forced to deal with a porous running game, a lack of offensive weapons, and mediocre protection.

It's not an "excuse" in a team game. A guy that had just led his team to the Super Bowl while throwing 11 TDs to 0 Ints ends up being one of the worst QBs in the NFL in 2013 statistically when he loses his weapons, protection and running game. And I don't think I even need to bring Brady into this.

These aren't excuses, they're the harsh realities of the NFL.

SF could replace Kaepernick with another average QB and go just as far. While Wilson is a quality starter, don't think that the talent and role he plays doesn't have something to do with that.

Giving a guy credit "WHEN" it's due is not the same thing as "WHERE" it's due(I'm not Grammar Nazi'ing you here...I'm saying that waiting to give a player credit until the team succeeds is unfair to that player). And saying a QB doesn't do something when there's video evidence showing the opposite to be true isn't giving credit "WHEN" it's due or "WHERE" it's due imo.

Our team has the talent now to get to the next level. If Bradford can't get us to the playoffs with what's around him now, then it's time to move on.
If people on this board thinks this is bashing, then I don't need to be here.

Bradford's 2012 and 2013 seasons combined projected down to 16 games:
60.0%
3747 yards
6.6 YPA
24 TDs
12 Ints
85.2 QB Rating

Luck's 2012 and 2013 seasons combined projected down to 16 games:
57.0%
4098 yards
6.8 YPA
23 TDs
14 Ints
81.5 QB Rating

It seems that you're satisfied with mediocrity as long as the team wins...either that or neither player is mediocre and there's more to team success than one player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With little talent? Luck played in the worst division in football the past two years with more than enough talent.

Kaep and Wilson? Lets not even start on talent there. You're comparing apples to oranges.

You know who else got his team to the Super Bowl? Joe Flacco. With some of the best post-season play ever. You know what he followed that up with in 2013? 19 TDs to 22 Ints. Do you know why that happened? As knowledgeable Ravens fans have said, Flacco was forced to deal with a porous running game, a lack of offensive weapons, and mediocre protection.

It's not an "excuse" in a team game. A guy that had just led his team to the Super Bowl while throwing 11 TDs to 0 Ints ends up being one of the worst QBs in the NFL in 2013 statistically when he loses his weapons, protection and running game. And I don't think I even need to bring Brady into this.

SF could replace Kaepernick with another average QB and go just as far. While Wilson is a quality starter, don't think that the talent and role he plays doesn't have something to do with that.

Giving a guy credit "WHEN" it's due is not the same thing as "WHERE" it's due(I'm not Grammar Nazi'ing you here...I'm saying that waiting to give a player credit until the team succeeds is unfair to that player). And saying a QB doesn't do something when there's video evidence showing the opposite to be true isn't giving credit "WHEN" it's due or "WHERE" it's due imo.

60.0%
3747 yards
6.6 YPA
24 TDs
12 Ints
85.2 QB Rating

57.0%
4098 yards
6.8 YPA
23 TDs
14 Ints
81.5 QB Rating

It seems that you're satisfied with mediocrity as long as the team wins...either that or neither player is mediocre and there's more to team success than one player.
Doesn't matter anymore, dude. At this point we could copy and paste everything we've ever said on the subject and it wouldn't matter. The team has to win now if Bradford is to get any recognition whatsoever. Luck is clearly better than Curtis Painter, so that's the end of that argument as it relates to his miraculous turnaround of the perennial playoff-appearance Colts. Except that Clemens beat him, so Clemens is better. Why did we get rid of him?

RamzFanz

Damnit

60.0%
3747 yards
6.6 YPA
24 TDs
12 Ints
85.2 QB Rating

57.0%
4098 yards
6.8 YPA
23 TDs
14 Ints
81.5 QB Rating

So you don't agree that SJ was a horrible running back because he was on a bad team? Even though he himself excelled?

That's an interesting concept.

I wonder what Bradford's numbers would look like if the Rams weren't probably leading the NFL in drops while he was playing? Meh, must have been his fault his passes were dropped too.

And we all know A QB is never affected by a poor run game.

"If people on this board thinks this is bashing, then I don't need to be here. " The problem with Ramfreak's statements aren't that he's not allowed to be critical of a player, but he then has to back them up. Retorting with insults won't cut it here. Insinuating Bradford is a substandard player will get you piled on here ONLY because it's just not true.

ED_29

"This ACL injury makes me feel he'll be even quicker to dump off, then maneuver in the pocket to buy time and make a play. He didn't do it when he was healthy, I'm not sure he'll do it now."

I'm not sure why people don't get the doubt some of their fellow Ram fans have in Bradford. Sam certainly seemed to be playing better than he ever had as a pro cumulatively. However, his best statistical play came in games against poor teams. Of his 14tds 9 of them were thrown against the Falcons (picked 6th in the draft), Jags (3rd pick in the draft), and Texans (1st pick in the draft). In another game against Carolina in the first half he produced 3 points in two trips into the redzone and had a pick 6. This I found frustrating even as in that game he really overall seemed to be playing well and against a good opponent. He did have 3 pick 6s total for the year. The one against the Falcons ended up being the difference in the score.

There is nothing ignorant about having a different opinion regarding Bradford. In stead of dismissing the opinion perhaps you should dig a little deeper and at least try and understand why others still doubt him even if you don't agree yourself. Perhaps we are not having this conversation had he not gotten hurt but he did. So we still don't know for sure... and frankly his performance against the Cowboys (hardly a juggernaut) and 49ers really left me disappointed.... something that throwing 3tds against bad teams like the Falcons, Jags, & Texans doesn't erase.