LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Very cool.

Here's another shot of him. My eel is gonna eat it... so he won't be around long unfortunately. My son Brett HAD TO get it... I told him that he's welcome to buy the eel a lobster dinner if he wanted to.

I can't believe he made it through the night last night, but he did. It's only because Brett fed the eel a whole frozen jumbo prawn... he normally only gets a 3rd of one. LOL

20200729_214709.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here's another shot of him. My eel is gonna eat it... so he won't be around long unfortunately. My son Brett HAD TO get it... I told him that he's welcome to buy the eel a lobster dinner if he wanted to.

I can't believe he made it through the night last night, but he did. It's only because Brett fed the eel a whole frozen jumbo prawn... he normally only gets a 3rd of one. LOL

View attachment 37857
When we first got our 55 gallon fresh water tank, we had mainly bullshit fish like guppies and those bug eyed fluffy things. I got bored with them so I bought a couple of fresh water shrimp. It bothered Becky but I thought it was fun as shit watching them pluck the fish as they swam by and munch on them.

We then decided on Oscars and a couple Plecos. The Plecos are tough bastards and used to just put up their spine when the Oscars would attack.

Bottom line is the Oscars were treated to shrimp and fish dinners for about a day. Then we'd just buy them a hundred goldfish at a time and watch the feeding frenzy.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Daddy had to buy a new mixer. These drum and bass tracks aren't going to spin themselves.
#jungle #drumnbass

Screenshot_20200707-204325_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I bought this three months ago and it finally got deliver yesterday. It was a total impulse buy from a Facebook ad (which I NEVER do).

It's going to take some getting used to and I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not.

View attachment 37379

Nice
That thing looks awesome
I dig Japanese knives
I picked this up last weekend cause this long-term Airbnb has the shittiest knives ever

C1D0ACE1-2B25-4D29-93E6-62EBA37F938D.jpeg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When we first got our 55 gallon fresh water tank, we had mainly bullshit fish like guppies and those bug eyed fluffy things. I got bored with them so I bought a couple of fresh water shrimp. It bothered Becky but I thought it was fun as shit watching them pluck the fish as they swam by and munch on them.

We then decided on Oscars and a couple Plecos. The Plecos are tough bastards and used to just put up their spine when the Oscars would attack.

Bottom line is the Oscars were treated to shrimp and fish dinners for about a day. Then we'd just buy them a hundred goldfish at a time and watch the feeding frenzy.

Not sure if you saw my post on the previous page (post #445)... but I put up a few pics of the school of damsels I bought so that my lionfish could hunt and eat them. They were Ram colors. It's fun to watch that lionfish hunt, so I'll buy him a small school of those from time to time. He eats them all in less than a day or 2.

My grouper will eat a few too.

Normally they are just eating frozen (thawed) shrimp and silversides though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Both of my twins are back home from FSU as of today. I get home from work about an hour ago and find out that they got this and put it in our tank. They were like... we bought it. That's when I reminded them that neither one of them has a job... so I am the one who payed for the damn Arrow crab. My eel already ate it.

20200731_194502.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Both of my twins are back home from FSU as of today. I get home from work about an hour ago and find out that they got this and put it in our tank. They were like... we bought it. That's when I reminded them that neither one of them has a job... so I am the one who payed for the damn Arrow crab. My eel already ate it.

View attachment 37902

So the bug on the previous page has been eaten?

tenor.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So the bug on the previous page has been eaten?

tenor.gif

No... the lobster (bug) has somehow managed to avoid the eel's jaws. The 1st night he was in the tank, the eel did try and get him... but the bug kicked his tail and shot up to the top of the tank and swam away. That's literally what they do in the wild when we are trying to catch em. Those tails are powerful. We fed the eel more than normal and he hasn't really shown any interest in the bug since.

The bug has found a place that is on the opposite side of the tank from the eel to call his home though. I think that is helping for now. The little fucker is eating like crazy and my boys (and everyone else) really like him. I keep reminding everyone that he is doomed though so that the disappointment won't be too big.

One of the twins was telling me to get rid of my eel last night. I was like... get the fuck outta here with that shit. I've had this eel for like 6 years. It's a Zebra moray and I've been told by my guys who service the tank that they've never seen one even half as big as this one. He's a monster. The great thing about a Zebra moray is they do not eat fish. All other morays will eat all of your fish. They're cool... but the damn fish cost too much to risk it. This eel will only eat crustaceans. He normally just stays in his giant shell cave and chills.

Here's a shot of the bug in the spot he calls his home. He pokes his antennas out of the hole so he'll know if anything approaches. This is exactly what they do in the wild.

20200730_183020.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
One of the twins was telling me to get rid of my eel last night. I was like... get the fuck outta here with that shit. I've had this eel for like 6 years. It's a Zebra moray and I've been told by my guys who service the tank that they've never seen one even half as big as this one. He's a monster. The great thing about a Zebra moray is they do not eat fish. All other morays will eat all of your fish. They're cool... but the damn fish cost too much to risk it. This eel will only eat crustaceans. He normally just stays in his giant shell cave and chills.

Agreed. Eels are a lot cooler than lobsters. Hope your zebra moray stays in your tank for decades to come.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Got my small spinners all re-spooled with some blue braided line. Headed down to the Keys this weekend... the blue color is supposed to work better in the clear water down there. Normally braid is dark green.

20200802_133849.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What will you be catching?

Those little spinners with the blue braid will mainly be used for yellowtail and mangrove snappers. They are the smaller fish that we target and they're great eating... especially in ceviche.

We do use the smaller spinners on schoolie sized dolphin too. When we get into a big school of those... everyone one the boat usually has one on at the same time. That braided line can handle very big fish. Especially in the open water where the fish won't be snagging the line on the bottom. Some bigger fish might completely spool you though with those smaller spinners. That means the fish will just pull all of your line off the reel completely. So, we have much bigger spinners that we normally use offshore because of that. You never know when a big bull dolphin is gonna crash up through the little schoolies and grab your bait. It seems to always happen to whoever is holding the smallest reel though. LOL

We'll be catching yellowtail, mangrove, hog, and mutton snapper for sure. Several types of grouper... either by fishing pole or by spearing them. We'll also catch a shit ton of mahi mahi... we normally force ourselves to not catch more than 20 of those in a day. It's a lot of fish cleaning with that many.

We hope to catch some other species too for the table like wahoo, cobia, tripletail, tuna, and yellowjacks. We don't always get those... but we'll get lucky with most, if not all of those too. We're gonna be down there for more than 3 weeks and we'll fish every day.

We'll also be loading up on our limit of bugs (lobster) daily.

We eat our fresh catches every day. If I don't cook it myself... we have our favorite restaurants cook it for us. Nothing like eating your catch just hours after you've pulled it out of the ocean. We freeze a bunch too that we bring back. It's never better than the day it was caught though.

We also catch a bunch of big fish that are not for eating. Behind the house... we catch very big tarpon right off the dock. 100+++ pounders. My sons are usually out there most nights catching and releasing those. They catch a bunch of big sharks at the same time they're catching the tarpon.

You wouldn't believe the number of fishing rods I own. I honestly couldn't tell you myself how many I have without going out in the garage and counting them. We have different rods for different kinds of fishing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It seems to always happen to whoever is holding the smallest reel though. LOL

Haha. I bet.

our favorite restaurants cook it for us. Nothing like eating your catch just hours after you've pulled it out of the ocean.

Man, yeah. Never thought about it, but assume there are places there that do that. Now THAT would be cool!

We have different rods for different kinds of fishing.

Yeah the way you describe that, seems like you would.

Going to be insane 3 weeks, very cool. :horns:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bought $35.00 of materials and built a 48”W x 23”W x 40”H work bench. Going to mount a vice this weekend and a few other things as needed(drawer). Took 50 minutes and got my cordless tools off the garage floor.

6EF3F040-F2DB-4356-BD97-774E27C8AB1F.jpeg