LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CeeZar

Rookie
Needs a few of these to knock that grass down.
View attachment 37142
These may be more appropriate

20100425_0244-hh1200.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just closed on 30 acres in Versailles Ky today.

Gonna build my house this year. I won’t be moving again - i may buy more land but this town is where I’ll be growing old. My hero Sam Shepard lived and died up the road so I’ll be fixing to copy my hero. I love this country.

Seeing all the rifles you guys are posting is getting me itchy. Having pistols in SB was verboten so i can’t wait to get my Wilson combat 1911 here soon.

View attachment 37122
View attachment 37120
View attachment 37121

Bourbon country!

Nice!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm not sure what is nicer, your property or a Wilson Combat 1911. Possibly a tie :)

I am looking for the dealer here in town as we speak. I have always had Colt Gold Cups, but I had to sell those.
So i figure 3 Gold Cups = 1 Wilson Combat haha

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It’s insane and I got it for really cheap
I can’t believe i wasted time in Austin and SB for the past 20 years
I'm committed to my children being able to go through the same school system their whole lives (a privilege neither I nor my parents had), but when I'm looking at retirement spots, that looks good.

CeeZar

Rookie
I am looking for the dealer here in town as we speak. I have always had Colt Gold Cups, but I had to sell those.
So i figure 3 Gold Cups = 1 Wilson Combat haha

High standards! I have a "few" guns but no 1911s. I'll fix that sooner or later. The only .45 in the house belongs to my wife - Sig p220 elite stainless. It's a beautiful gun, but it is a safe queen due to some special circumstances...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
for powder, primers, and rifle bullets. I get pistol bullets typically from Precision Delta or Bayou Bullets depending on what I'm loading. With the occasionally runs on supplies we've been seeing for the last 10 year or so, I buy primers in 10K lots and powder in 8# lots so I have plenty on hand to weather the storm. This also spreads out the hazmat shipping charge.

I just use range pickups for pistol brass and AR plinking rounds. For the AR "precision"ish rounds I bought 1K of once-fired Lake City brass a couple of years ago and I think I'm on my second loading with those. They should be good for a couple more. I'll need to buy some fancy new brass from Lapua or Norma if I get nice turret press and all the fancy stuff you have for your hunting loads.
No primers from powder valley, midway, or the other two sites I've used. I bought 3 - 8# of assorted powders. I happened to luck out at Cabela's and found 2k of small rifle primers. If you happen upon large and small pistol and small rifle primers, let me know.

CeeZar

Rookie
No primers from powder valley, midway, or the other two sites I've used. I bought 3 - 8# of assorted powders. I happened to luck out at Cabela's and found 2k of small rifle primers. If you happen upon large and small pistol and small rifle primers, let me know.

Do you have a preference? I'm not actively looking as I have enough for the next few months (I hope).

When I posted that link Powder Valley had stock for about 50% of their choices. I thought it would have gotten better by now instead of worse. Ugh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Do you have a preference? I'm not actively looking as I have enough for the next few months (I hope).

When I posted that link Powder Valley had stock for about 50% of their choices. I thought it would have gotten better by now instead of worse. Ugh.
I generally prefer Federal but at this point, I'd pretty much take anything that fills the bill.

CeeZar

Rookie
I generally prefer Federal but at this point, I'd pretty much take anything that fills the bill.

I forgot to mention where I buy carry/SD ammo. Of course they are out of stock on most things right now, but this place is generally 30-40% cheaper than anywhere I have found.

And this sight keeps track of all of the various ammo vendors and allow you to search and sort by price. Should work for primers and powder too.

CeeZar

Rookie
Ruh roh.... Guess I gots to get to work.View attachment 37212

You'll need to post pics when it is all setup. I don't know how much you intend to reload. But I generally reload pistol in 1000 round lots. The worst part to me has always been filling the primer tubes. I broke down and spent the ridiculous asking price for this thing. But at the end of the day, it is worth every penny. You're probably not going to match my volume, but if you hate filling primer tubes, consider this. There are a few videos out there that show some tweaks that make it work a bit better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtuNlz20z4

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You'll need to post pics when it is all setup. I don't know how much you intend to reload. But I generally reload pistol in 1000 round lots. The worst part to me has always been filling the primer tubes. I broke down and spent the ridiculous asking price for this thing. But at the end of the day, it is worth every penny. You're probably not going to match my volume, but if you hate filling primer tubes, consider this. There are a few videos out there that show some tweaks that make it work a bit better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtuNlz20z4

I want to get up to that 1k mark per session. At first there will likely be a lot of dialing in though. I have a couple of RCBS sorting trays and priming guns for my hunting rounds. I wonder if I can get an attachment for filling tubes.

But yeah... My turret press has a primer tube. That's why I went to the guns.

I had to order the shell plates so I won't be setting up for a few days.