LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Is that the eel in the left corner? And I'm not an expert on fish species, so I'm wondering what, exactly, you got. But if it's the size of a dinner plate...damn.

Yes... that's my zebra moray. He's super large for that kind of eel.

The fish is a Niger Trigger. And yeah... he's a full size adult for that species.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes... that's my zebra moray. He's super large for that kind of eel.

The fish is a Niger Trigger. And yeah... he's a full size adult for that species.

Looked it up. Redtoothed triggerfish. Apparently, they're the only triggerfish that's good in an aquarium.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Looked it up. Redtoothed triggerfish. Apparently, they're the only triggerfish that's good in an aquarium.

Well... they are one of the least aggressive triggers. And as triggers grow to maturity, they usually turn into demons. Each fish though... even these... have different personalities. This species is considered to be the most docile temperament wise.

There are other triggers that are tank friendly too... but usually only when they are young. This guy is full grown and is getting along fine with everything else. Knock on wood. He's very cool. Hard to find one that is full grown like this.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well... they are one of the least aggressive triggers. And as triggers grow to maturity, they usually turn into demons. Each fish though... even these... have different personalities. This species is considered to be the most docile temperament wise.

There are other triggers that are tank friendly too... but usually only when they are young. This guy is full grown and is getting along fine with everything else. Knock on wood. He's very cool. Hard to find one that is full grown like this.

That's good that it's getting along with the other fish. Has the pest lionfish been eaten by your grouper yet or is he/she just waiting to get big enough?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's good that it's getting along with the other fish. Has the pest lionfish been eaten by your grouper yet or is he/she just waiting to get big enough?

That lion kicked the bucket... he got a fucking disease that I have since taken measures to prevent. So... his life served a purpose I'd guess you'd say.

I had to install a new $1000 UV light in my system to prevent future shit happening like that. So... should be germ free forever now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That lion kicked the bucket... he got a fucking disease that I have since taken measures to prevent. So... his life served a purpose I'd guess you'd say.

I had to install a new $1000 UV light in my system to prevent future shit happening like that. So... should be germ free forever now.

Well, at least it served a purpose, right? Funny how things like that work out in ways you don't expect.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got my boy the new Xbox X series for Christmas today. It’s all he asked for.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Memento

Got a shot of his grill...

IMG_20201208_072512_646.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Check out this beast. He's about the size of a dinner plate. My son took this pic with his crappy phone so you can't really see all his cool details or his wild fangs that stick out of his mouth. I'll try and get a better shot with my phone once he settles into the tank more.

View attachment 41695

That BLUE! So awesome!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just bought an Insta Pot Smart for the wife 5 minutes ago. Another kitchen appliance I'll be putting in the attic around this time next year.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Just bought an Insta Pot Smart for the wife 5 minutes ago. Another kitchen appliance I'll be putting in the attic around this time next year.
Bought Mari one 6 months ago. Think she used it twice. Take it back and buy her an air fryer - bought it two months ago, and she uses it 3-4 times a week. It does EVERYTHING. (listen to your elders).

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Check out this beast. He's about the size of a dinner plate. My son took this pic with his crappy phone so you can't really see all his cool details or his wild fangs that stick out of his mouth. I'll try and get a better shot with my phone once he settles into the tank more.

View attachment 41695

Have you ever come across a creature in your tank that wasn't supposed to be there? It happened to me a couple weeks ago in my planted tank. I bought some plants and put them in and the next morning I saw something swimming around in there that looked like some kind of worm. After searching the internet I identified it as a leech! Sucked getting it out and now I don't want to put my hands in there.:shock:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Have you ever come across a creature in your tank that wasn't supposed to be there? It happened to me a couple weeks ago in my planted tank. I bought some plants and put them in and the next morning I saw something swimming around in there that looked like some kind of worm. After searching the internet I identified it as a leech! Sucked getting it out and now I don't want to put my hands in there.:shock:

Yeah... but my situation was different than yours.

About 8 years ago I had a different company servicing my tank than I do now. These bozos didn't sterilize their equipment properly. I know this because they caused a massive invasion in my tank. It was shocking.

So one night we come home late. I hadn’t turned on the lights on the tank all day and I needed to feed my fish. The house had been completely dark for hours. Normally, when I turn the tank lights on, there's still plenty of light in the house from the windows and house lights... but this night the house had been completely dark for hours.

When I kicked on the lights, I had to do like 6 or 7 double takes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! There must have been 1000+ (no exaggeration) tiny snails crawling all over the glass. My saltwater tank is pretty much strictly for fish... I don't have live rock or live coral at all. If you have that kind of tank with live rock/corals... finding snails like this wouldn't be a real surprise because those things come living in the rock many times. But even in that situation... the extreme number of these snails would have been shocking. They were fucking all over everything. My service company had introduced these snails into my tank from one of the other tanks they serviced.

Apparently... these little fuckers bury themselves down in the sand until all light is gone. I never saw these things because they would never come out until the house got completely dark. You'd never know they were there if you looked at the tank during daylight or obviously when the lights were on. I had a FULL ON INVASION.

I called my bonehead aquarium service and told them about it. They didn't really believe me cause they had never seen the snails... and the numbers I was telling them about seemed impossible. I took a picture the next night and showed them. As soon as the lights go on, these little bastards high tail it into the sand and disappear. I fired those dipshits once they couldn't figure out how to eliminate the snails.

I accidentally solved my snail problem myself though. Not long after I fired the jackasses... I added a big Golden Puffer to my tank. This fish went ape shit in my tank almost immediately after I added him in. He could smell those snails down in the sand. He would go along the bottom of the tank sniffing... he'd locate one... blow a stream of water perfectly into the sand exposing the snail... then he'd eat the damned thing shell and all. In about 2 weeks... all the snails were eaten. He worked night and day sniffing those things out and completely eliminated them.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Yeah... but my situation was different than yours.

About 8 years ago I had a different company servicing my tank than I do now. These bozos didn't sterilize their equipment properly. I know this because they caused a massive invasion in my tank. It was shocking.

So one night we come home late. I hadn’t turned on the lights on the tank all day and I needed to feed my fish. The house had been completely dark for hours. Normally, when I turn the tank lights on, there's still plenty of light in the house from the windows and house lights... but this night the house had been completely dark for hours.

When I kicked on the lights, I had to do like 6 or 7 double takes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! There must have been 1000+ (no exaggeration) tiny snails crawling all over the glass. My saltwater tank is pretty much strictly for fish... I don't have live rock or live coral at all. If you have that kind of tank with live rock/corals... finding snails like this wouldn't be a real surprise because those things come living in the rock many times. But even in that situation... the extreme number of these snails would have been shocking. They were fucking all over everything. My service company had introduced these snails into my tank from one of the other tanks they serviced.

Apparently... these little fuckers bury themselves down in the sand until all light is gone. I never saw these things because they would never come out until the house got completely dark. You'd never know they were there if you looked at the tank during daylight or obviously when the lights were on. I had a FULL ON INVASION.

I called my bonehead aquarium service and told them about it. They didn't really believe me cause they had never seen the snails... and the numbers I was telling them about seemed impossible. I took a picture the next night and showed them. As soon as the lights go on, these little bastards high tail it into the sand and disappear. I fired those dipshits once they couldn't figure out how to eliminate the snails.

I accidentally solved my snail problem myself though. Not long after I fired the jackasses... I added a big Golden Puffer to my tank. This fish went ape shit in my tank almost immediately after I added him in. He could smell those snails down in the sand. He would go along the bottom of the tank sniffing... he'd locate one... blow a stream of water perfectly into the sand exposing the snail... then he'd eat the damned thing shell and all. In about 2 weeks... all the snails were eaten. He worked night and day sniffing those things out and completely eliminated them.
Were they Nerite snails? Those are really popular in planted tanks. I've heard of people with salt water tanks finding Bobbit worms. Holy crap those things are hideous.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Were they Nerite snails? Those are really popular in planted tanks. I've heard of people with salt water tanks finding Bobbit worms. Holy crap those things are hideous.

I never bothered to really find out what kind they were. They were very small... like the size of an uncooked popcorn kernel. Their shells were basically white.

Saltwater guys who have live rock/corals find all kinds of weird creatures suddenly living in the tank... they hitch hike in on the rock/corals when it gets added into the tank.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just Google those.
Man, they are hideous.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
When my wife brought one home that's what I thought. But we use it several times a day.