The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRam

Legend
You blamed Goff's turnovers against Miami on play-calling. That is literally the single dumbest thing I've read on this site in months. There were 4 turnovers by Goff. And another 2-3 dropped easy INTs. But yea blame the play-calling, not the wide open hot routes, the lack of blitz recognition, the lack of audibles. Blame McVay if it makes you sleep better at night my dude.

But yea my football knowledge is lacking. Every time you post you lose credibility with these ridiculous takes. Quit making excuses for him and have some integrity as a football fan.

So you the internet board fan are going to rewrite history and explain to all of us that the free blitzers were all Goff’s fault even though The literal coach of the Rams is on tape blaming himself for those play calls and lack of blitz pickup?

Your opinion has zero authority over what the actual coach has already stated.

So now losses due to dropped passes, failed blocks and play calls are due to Goff. At least we know where you stand.

If only Goff caught the ball he threw to Everett at the end of the game to make up for the blocks Goff didn’t make on the blitzing linebackers due to Goffs play calls.

Bro. Look at your arguement. It is ridiculous by any stretch. It doesn’t match reality or the Coach’s own words.

If you want to parse through performance based on reality then let me know but I’m not arguing with someone that contradicts the very words of our coach and wants to blame Goff for literally every play.

You state I blamed every turnover on play calling. That is false. I said the turnover due to the blitz (I.e. sacks) leading to fumbles. If Goff throws a pick thats on Goff. I am able to parse through the nuance and place blame where it needs to be. Are you able to do that? Guess who else throws 2 picks per game? Wilson and Brady. QB’s aren’t perfect. Goff has had 3 rough games this year. Less than other so called great QB’s. We can do this with dam near every QB in the NFL. But you as a Ram fan pile on Goff as if he’s at fault for literally every loss and every bad play in that loss. It stinks of bias.

Was it Russell Wilson’s fault when he got sacked over and over and over by the Rams and only managed 16 points? Please tell us so we can understand if you are bias towards Goff or just falsely blame QB’s for every sack and failed play. Do you see the contradiction in your argument?

You are over here counting even Goff’s “almost” interceptions against him. That tells us all everything we need to know. As if this doesn’t happen every week to every QB, like when JJ dropped that one right in his hands.

I suppose in your world every
Man would be jailed for rape for looking at a woman and every teenager that yells at their parent should be euthanized for murder because you know “almost”. Except Wilson, he would be allowed to live because the media said he was MVP and stuff. :) come on Boss, your better than reasoning like this.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
I distinctly remember Mcvay saying something about lack of preparation after the phins game. He didn't signal goff out but we have to assume that's who he was talking about.

Post the source. It’s possible I missed it or you are reading into it. Let’s check.

Ellard80

Legend
Your knowledge of Football is lacking bro. You should know by now if you are watching the games that Goff gets a play with 15 seconds left and barely gets the dam thing off. Why do you think we have these time out problems and last second snaps.

You are living in an imaginary world if you think Goff has time to audible every play like Manning.

Mcvay took the play call blame on himself in the post conference in case you didn’t watch it.

But I am sure the unblocked rushers are Goffs fault.

Please.

2 of the 3 turnovers were goffs fault and no one elses.

The thing is I don't even want to keep talking about it - but your cherry picking stat rants are irresitible atm.

Ellard80

Legend
No you are twisting the argument and everyone can see it.

My point is surrounding talent (Oline, WR and RB) effects overall stats and wins.

Your Goff criticizing arguments want to make all wins and stats completely on Goff which is demonstrably false.

I only bring the stats in to show the lunacy of your arguements. Goffs TD and interception ration in his young Career is better than Warner and Favre. Notice I didn’t call Goff better as you twisted it. I only showed the futility of your arguements.

Football is a team game folks. Please consider this before posting individual stats or the arguement looks rather weak.

I have never said wins and losses are soley on Goff at any point in the year - until yesterday. Objectively I'd say it was on him.

People can tell the difference between randomly cherry picked stats and a pattern of peformance.

Rams77

Starter
Ya know, fuck the QBR..its biased for running QB's

As long as the Rams run for TD's Goff will never have the highest Passer Rating.

That he's had 7 games over 95 rating is amazing considering their rushing TD numbers.

7-4 is winning football.
Man-what flavor Kool Aid do you drink lol. In all seriousness I pointed out the QBR and QB rating stat 2 weeks ago and I was also attacked by Goff apologists. He takes 2 steps forward and 2 steps back in his development. I guess it could be worse. He could have been Trubisky or even Wentz. Thank God we have McVay as coach. Without McVay-Goff would be a backup at best in this league right now or whatever Drew Lock or Jameis Winston is. He is the biggest tease in the league. My comparison was Jim Everett. When the Rams had a great O-Line and running game Everett was a border line Pro Bowler that won a few playoff games. But under pressure and against his biggest nemesis (SF) he crumbled. They both scored 3 points in the biggest games of their careers.

TexasRam

Legend
2 of the 3 turnovers were goffs fault and no one elses.

The thing is I don't even want to keep talking about it - but your cherry picking stat rants are irresitible atm.

I will put the 2 interceptions on Goff. I have, I always do. Generally speaking interceptions are on QB’s unless a wrong route or tipped pass etc. Both interceptions on Goff in the Miami game were on Goff. But according to Mcvay the playcalling that failed to account for the free rusher leading to the TD and other sacks were on a Mcvay.

It’s much more realistic to see the whole context and place blame where it’s due instead of piling on Goff for every bad play which is what I am doing.

When I see an unblocked player sack the QB and cause a fumble I ask who missed the block.. but it can also be due to play call. In the Rams case
Mcvay is an offensive play caller and is highly 100% involved with all
Play calls. In Miami, Mcvay as a
Play caller should have called a timeout and adjusted to the zero blitz, which he did not. That is on him and he said as much in the postgame conference.

In the SF game those turnovers and bad passes at the end were on Goff and Mcvay said so in the Post conference.

The one time I put a sack fumble on Goff is if he holds the ball too long in the pocket. You see this with Wilson all the time. That didn’t happen in Miami with Goff. It was unblocked blitzers.

TexasRam

Legend
I have never said wins and losses are soley on Goff at any point in the year - until yesterday. Objectively I'd say it was on him.

People can tell the difference between randomly cherry picked stats and a pattern of peformance.

I also put yesterday’s loss partially on Goff. He wasn’t good enough. For the record great QB’s historically struggle vs top defenses. People are talking benching Goff. It’s ridiculous. He just outplayed Wilson and Brady in massive wins that have us heading to the playoffs. That is not cherry picking, that is reality. Swept under the rug by the Goff bashers. It’s dishonest.

Wilson has played horribly in 3 of his last 4 games. So has Brady. That is a pattern.

Over generalizing is one way to dishonestly portray reality, it needs to be called out for the fake news it is.

I realize people are upset whenever we lose but blaming Goff for every loss as some have done is inaccurate.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Man-what flavor Kool Aid do you drink lol. In all seriousness I pointed out the QBR and QB rating stat 2 weeks ago and I was also attacked by Goff apologists. He takes 2 steps forward and 2 steps back in his development. I guess it could be worse. He could have been Trubisky or even Wentz. Thank God we have McVay as coach. Without McVay-Goff would be a backup at best in this league right now or whatever Drew Lock or Jameis Winston is. He is the biggest tease in the league. My comparison was Jim Everett. When the Rams had a great O-Line and running game Everett was a border line Pro Bowler that won a few playoff games. But under pressure and against his biggest nemesis (SF) he crumbled. They both scored 3 points in the biggest games of their careers.
Lol when you use the word "apologist" any arguement you thought you had goes out the window.

TexasRam

Legend
Are you on the right board?

We're Rams fans and we support Rams players.

Haha. I think they are just passionate fans and that is fine.

Imagine these same fans in the Warner years. 2000 - 21 TD 18 int lol. Dam near as many TD to interceptions. Though he had 3 Hall of Famers to throw to. Or the 22 interceptions in 2001. Hahhha. These fans would be calling for Bulger. In fact they did. And the rest is 13 years of misery.

Meanwhile Warner leads Arizona to a Super Bowl. A fan base that believed in him and appreciated him.

The Ramowl

Starter
I think there was a sort of panic going on with Goff against SF. The runs were uncharacteristic and dangerous, something got under his skin. While he is a 5th year player and has his share of responsibility ko doubt, my feeling is that we have a QB coach issue, he is not put in a place of confidence.

Rams77

Starter
Warner was injured-if Goff was injured then I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Warner was a 2-time league MVP and won the Super Bowl. Please don't put Goff and Warner in the same sentence-I beg you. If you want to compare him to a former Rams QB then use Jim Everett. Goff and Everett =good QBs when the pressure is low and awful with the pressure turned up.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You brought up passer rating, highlighting that Goff has 7 games over 95 and that's "winning football." I'm just showing you an overview of his entire year in 2020. His 23rd ranked passer rating isn't winning football. And Goff missed a wide open Henderson for a TD yesterday late in the 4th qtr...would that have helped his passer rating? Driving down the field with 2:30 left and throwing a TD to win the game...would that have helped his passer rating? Instead he missed two throws on a potential game winning drive and gave the ball back to SF who drove down and won the game.

Here are the top 3 rated QBs in QBR. Mahomes, Rogers, Brees.. None of them are running QBs.

Using 7-4 as a "Goff" stat is funny, wins are a team stat and Goff has a top 10 rushing attack and the #2 rated defense in the NFL. QB stats are QB stats. Both the QB stats and film show Goff isn't playing well this year.
If wins are a team stat ? Why are losses a goff stat ??? Good old double standards dont ya just love em

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams are one of the youngest teams in the league...I don’t think the roster is at its best in 2020.

I do when you consider the key players are not getting younger. Then you lose players to the salary cap and suddenly there are new weaknesses. You also have other teams ascending. Things can turn quickly. This team can look very different in three years. Its difficult to get to a Superbowl, much less win it. Not many teams keep getting chances every other year.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You blamed Goff's turnovers against Miami on play-calling. That is literally the single dumbest thing I've read on this site in months. There were 4 turnovers by Goff. And another 2-3 dropped easy INTs. But yea blame the play-calling, not the wide open hot routes, the lack of blitz recognition, the lack of audibles. Blame McVay if it makes you sleep better at night my dude.

But yea my football knowledge is lacking. Every time you post you lose credibility with these ridiculous takes. Quit making excuses for him and have some integrity as a football fan.
Ooo don’t forget the special teams TD that we gave them ... are you sure you’re not champ in disguise

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So first off the 9ers played a ton of single high coverage with zero fear of being beaten by our WRs. And for good reason. They were covered for the most part and Goff didn't have a lot of options. Also there was a shit ton of holding by the 9er DBs. They're fucking assholes and got away with a lot, and IMO if they play single high vs Buffalo this week they're gonna get torched.

This was a very poor game by him though, make no mistake.

He showed poor decision making in not getting the ball out on quite a few of those plays where things were covered, i.e. throwing it away in vicinity of receivers or out of bounds. That's an underrated QB skill and also one that comes with more and more experience. The 9 yard sack he took was one of those. Generally that means he's pushing, trying too hard which I think was the case.

He also (similar to the Miami game) missed some guys open that would have changed the game considerably. Some of them he rushed through his read too quickly, and a couple he stayed on reads that he must have known were dead. Very similar to the film down there in Florida IMO. There were some I don't blame him for, like the wheel route he missed to Hendy (I do blame the miss throw btw) where he had Woody underneath for a nice gain. But his read was good.

Looking at the game in total I feel like some of those misreads were understandable given pressure. So we're talking about a handful of plays that were left that were pretty big mistakes that limited sustainment of drives and points. Realistically that's the difference in a good or solid game and a very poor game. It's a tough league man.

What I am most concerned with is his poor accuracy. Wondering if maybe he's been injured or something idk.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Ooo don’t forget the special teams TD that we gave them ... are you sure you’re not champ in disguise

Sorry not letting him off the hook. You can jump in and defend him all you want. People around here shouldn't let that shit slide.

Goff had 4 turnovers and 2 clean dropped INTs that game. Should of had 6 turnovers. To blame McVay is the most idiotic stance ever. Period. Not talking about anything other than that. He has 10 turnovers the past 4 games. Worst in the NFL over that span. How long until you start holding him accountable? Blaming McVay is the most laughable shit ever. Just say he played bad and move on, because he did. He's played great games as a pro too. But defending those garbage performances and blaming McVay shouldn't be allowed around here. Its fucking ridiculous.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If wins are a team stat ? Why are losses a goff stat ??? Good old double standards dont ya just love em

Wtf are you talking about? Where do you see anything about losses are you actually reading the posts you reply to?

The OP used Goffs passer rating and win loss record to show he's playing well.

I then said his passer rating is 23rd in the league indicating hes NOT playing well. And also that wins are a team stat. You know, like having the 2nd rated defense might influence wins. The end. Nothing was said about losses being a "Goff" stat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.