The Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't play well and scored 30. That means we can blow the roof off of this league. When you travel cross country and get that win it shows we have the grit we need to make another run. GO RAMS
This is my takeaway as well: We played poorly, in a tough cross-country road game, against a tough defense, after not playing the offense the whole pre-season, and still put up 30 and got the win.

I'm more stressed than I would have liked to be, but I'm good with it overall.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
And the Rams are still in 1st place in the west under McVay. They have never not been in 1st place since McVays 1st game.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
McVay's plan pays off again. Yes, it was an ugly win. Yes, we were rusty. Yes, it was a sloppy game. But by the end, it looked like the offense of old. Goff will learn a lot from this one, and he'll knock the rust off like he did last year. But most significantly, we won a road game against a good football team. A win is a win, boys. Let's enjoy it.
Not so easy to go cross country, big time zone change, home opener for Panthers, resting our starters in preseason, still pull out a win. Rams could have won with less drama but I'll take it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Happy overall but there are some good players available to plug a couple of weaknesses that we all know exist.....offensive line .....inside linebacker and lastly a defensive tackle. If they take a minimum I'd take a flier on an OL and and ILB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have something to admit....I put $10K on the Hawks to beat the Bungles.....I feel so dirty...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I don’t think this win was as ‘ugly’ as most here think. It wasn’t really that close, either.

Once Higbee scored with 6:37 left to go up 30-20, it was game over. So they scored a meaningless TD with 1:58 left, who cares? Onside kicks almost never work nowadays (after the rule changes).

I’m very optimistic, Rams were solid overall, no glaring weaknesses.

Oh, and I bet $400 on da Rams and covered the spread, so that helps:D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy overall but there are some good players available to plug a couple of weaknesses that we all know exist.....offensive line .....inside linebacker and lastly a defensive tackle. If they take a minimum I'd take a flier on an OL and and ILB.

The OL played well. It wasn't perfect, but it gelled in the second half and held its own against one of the NFL's most talented DLs. ILB is what it is at this point. Littleton was great. Rapp was great. Hager was what I expected. I kind of agree at NT. I might look and see if there's somebody still out there who can do a bit more to plug up the middle.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Gurley looked healthy and explosive, but lets be honest we were all a bit scared :sneaky:

O line played well especially in the run game. Noteboom maybe ends up as a slight downgrade from Saffold this year, but I think Brian Allen is a big upgrade at center from a talent standpoint.

Malcolm Brown showed he can effectively spell Todd more this year and be very productive against a top defense

Fowler is going to have a monster year, calling it

Cooper Kupp healthy, still elite route runner and Jared's favorite target

McVay still cant be stopped, I saw WRs running free all day

Littleton is turning into a true playmaker, he was amazing today

Clay Matthews, Taylor Rapp both flashed multiple times

Goff looked a little late and definitely not very accurate today. The game will slow down and he should be a lot sharper next week, but not going to lie some of the missed reads were concerning. Good to see him doing more at the line today, even with 5-10 seconds left on the playclock.

AD I think just literally took the week off. But that's okay he can take one or two more if he wants, he's more than earned it :giggle:

Lets hope Weddle is okay!!!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
For our UK Rams fans:
gdsgJ8D_d.jpg

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Ugly win but we were obviously rusty and we still pulled out the W on the road. Goff was clearly rusty early in the game but settled in later. Seems like all these QBs that didn't play much in the preseason were a bit off Week 1 so I'm not concerned there.

McVay started getting a bit too pass happy but once he started giving Gurley the ball more there was nothing the Panthers could do. Over 100 yards on 15 touches while averaging 6.9 YPC is fantastic for Todd against that Panthers front 7. Malcolm was also running very well, making good cuts and breaking tackles.

Defense was incredible early on but gave up too much towards the end. I imagine having our signal caller in Weddle going down in the 2nd quarter didn't help with that. Still, I loved what I saw from Fowler and Littleton.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Boy did we go from PTSD Rams fans watching a Fisher team run into walls to being a bunch of spoiled millenials complaining about a WIN...

:ROFLMAO: :foot:partyhorn:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
OK....let's review.....
"Gurley has something going on that he's not getting the ball..." Answer is....saving him for the end of the game on a hot day in Carolina....
"Aaron Donald hasn't made a play all day..." Answer is: Did you see either lineman leave Donald on either one of Fowler's sacks, leaving Dante on a RB which he cleanly whipped and made the sack?.....so was he bowing to the crowd?....or simply bowing to his linemate that made it possible....inquiring minds want to know....
And last but not least....we were favored by 2 and 1/2....... Answer is: we won by 3. While it was rough around the edges....maybe we didn't play that bad.
And gameballs to Littleton and the Oline. Great game. I'll take the win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
OLine, Woods and Littleton with game balls from me. Maybe Rapp and Christian splitting one in relief of Weddle.

bluecoconuts

Legend
This was basically the starters warning up, offense was a little sloppy and we still put up 30 on em.

Gonna be another fun year.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Winning on the road is never easy. We did it against a strong Panthers team, after sitting our starters the entire pre-season. It's hard to be mad about that! Definitely room for improvement though.

The young offensive linemen looked good. I still think we will really regret letting Saffold go. Time will tell.

Littleton is incredible. He needs to be a Ram for a long, long time.

Fowler looked very good. If he keeps it up, he will likely play his market value up to the point where it takes him out of LA.

I thought Rapp looked good when called upon. I look forward to him continuing to improve as the season moves on. Especially if we lose Weddle in the secondary.

Brown is awesome. Hopefully, he can stay healthy this year.

Hekker is an absolute weapon, as we all know.

Gurley looked good. His knee certainly seems fine. I like his usage by McVay a lot better this year, if the Carolina game is a sign of things to come. Ride him when necessary, as we did in the 4th, but otherwise spread the snaps around to keep him fresh. We had many blowout wins last year with Gurley being the bell cow long after the game was in hand. Why? Brown is a quality back whose salary is too high to ride the bench every week. Use him. Henderson also seems very capable.

The Weddle injury looked nasty. I hope he is okay. If he is out for any time, I think his loss will be bigger than many realize.

Marcus Peters is picking up right where he left off with his bonehead plays. His taunting flag cost us points off of Littleton's interception, and made things more stressful than they should have been towards the end. Hopefully, Long makes him expendable soon.

Goff needs to be better. He is still locking onto receivers way too much. He was also putting the ball up for grabs way too much today, which he is usually good at avoiding. He has improved markedly every year. After receiving a huge contract extension, we need that to continue. I like Goff a lot and think he will more than prove full value for his new contract. But as of today, there are probably about 10 or so QBs I'd rank above him. He benefits a lot from our system, weapons, and also the o-line last season. Top 10 is solid. Especially at his age as he theoretically should improve. But we need better than bottom top 10 play for this money.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The OL played well. It wasn't perfect, but it gelled in the second half and held its own against one of the NFL's most talented DLs. ILB is what it is at this point. Littleton was great. Rapp was great. Hager was what I expected. I kind of agree at NT. I might look and see if there's somebody still out there who can do a bit more to plug up the middle.

I agree but depth cant hurt like wienewski still out there rt ? he can be moved guard center etc. and some d tackles available as well but I definitely am not willing to go with Hagar. There are also some good ILB.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea longer we wait on Littleton more he may become out of our price range.

TexasRam

Legend
i’ll take a sloppy road win.

pre season warmup.

Goff wasn’t seeing the field well.

Really happy that Noteboom and Allen held up well ca a stout front.