The Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Considering Goff played bad and the defense gave up lots of yards it was a nice win on the road. My first thought looking at the game earlier in the week was it would be a tough game. Rams never play well against a running back like McCaffrey. Cam can hurt teams with his legs. Their defense has a great front seven. Then I started to think Rams will put it on the Panthers. They didn't as the lack of preseason showed and the Panthers are a good team. Rams got the early breaks and survived late poor play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Considering Goff played bad and the defense gave up lots of yards it was a nice win on the road. My first thought looking at the game earlier in the week was it would be a tough game. Rams never play well against a running back like McCaffrey. Cam can hurt teams with his legs. Their defense has a great front seven. Then I started to think Rams will put it on the Panthers. They didn't as the lack of preseason showed and the Panthers are a good team. Rams got the early breaks and survived late poor play.
It was pretty close to being a blowout tbh. Was right there when that hold then the blocked punt effed it all up and put the Panturds back in it. Difference between the game we saw and a game where the Rams run it up is very small. It's what makes teams fear us too IMO.

jap

Legend
Using Malcolm as an alternate Mjolnir to soften up a stout defense, whether by design or by accident, was an effective strategy. When the Carolina D wore down, they didn't many answers for a feature back who is both Mjolnir and lightning.

Now that the starters' preseason game is history, it is time to get serious next weekend against a team, a head coach, and an entire city that requires a thorough spanking, NFL-style. There must be no question whatsoever left as to which team is better by the end of the game next weekend.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When the Panthers came within 3 at the mid 4th qtr the offense expertly worked it's way down the field for a td.

The rams are back.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Rams OL with two new starters looked pretty darn good.I put my faith/trust in Hall of Fame Caliber Offensive line coach Aaron Kromer

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Goff has a bad game, we put the ball on the ground a few times, we are on the road - and still win. I’ll take it.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Rams running game was probably their strongest area today, Gurley's fumbles aside. Good to know he's still got something and they can run the ball without him.

I thought Carolina tried to take away the run early, then the Rams just wore them down.

Might have been the reason for 8 straight passes to start the game.

I liked that the Rams stayed with it and got TG going in The second half.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
giphy.gif

Right on time!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That’s one of the best front sevens we’re gonna face all season and both Noteboom and Allen did better as the game wore on.

This game should be an excellent confidence boost for both our OL and Littleton who was playing like a defensive mvp out there

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I agree but depth cant hurt like wienewski still out there rt ? he can be moved guard center etc. and some d tackles available as well but I definitely am not willing to go with Hagar. There are also some good ILB.

Did anyone else see who Demby was subbing for? It was either center or guard. Don't know the reason why either. Was watching both Allen & Noteboom both getting to second level blocks in the second half. Have to hand it to our whole staff from scouts to drafting to planning & redshirting while we had major vets to teach our 4th & 3rd round must have OL picks & in the very first game after no preseason & only scrimmages against raiders & chargers these guys had me losing sleep & I was so surprised Allen was not pushed into Goff by the much bigger Poe as the Cardinals have a center named Shipley in the size of Brian Allen & he is beaten almost every play by a bull rush mostly due to size & Shipley has no anchor.

Bengals & Packers with McVay related Head coaches offenses both looking decent this first week. We need to be able to get Greg Gaines some playing time over SJD as I saw more penetration during preaseason before they shut Day down due to a tightening hamstring. Better inside gap coverge or continue to be gashed up the middle like last season. Dakota Allen over Hager. Hager can't cover anyone. Littleton will get worn down with so many tackles and hits & he is not built like a thumper either. We can't play without Littleton & his tackling & coverage combined as he did miss a few tackles on the Stanford RB as most did. Lots of missed tackles & just poor effort as the 4rth quarter wound on. Even our D Captian CB #21 missed a sure tackle going too low.

We have two very talented OLB pass rushers we could have used in the 4th quarter especially. The active roster is such a huge thing this season. Playing Obo & Durham could be a game changer getting more hurries on better passers. JMO

Last edited: