The Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24372118/fans-get-free-beer-cleveland-browns-first-victory-season

Fans to get free beer with Browns' first victory
Darren Rovell/ESPN Senior Writer

cleveland-browns-vs-baltimore-ravens-december-17-2017-76793270da5ad353.jpg

Cleveland.com

There will be a celebration on tap when the Cleveland Browns win their first regular-season game: Fans will get free beer.

Anheuser-Busch, whose Bud Light brand is the official beer of the NFL and 28 of its 32 teams, including the Browns, on Tuesday will begin placing eight-foot "Victory" fridges filled with Bud Light bottles into 10 Cleveland-area bars that purchased them.

When the clock strikes zero on the Browns' first win -- their last win was in Week 16 of the 2016 season against the San Diego Chargers -- the electromagnet that keeps the fridges locked will be turned off through a WiFi connection, opening all of them for fans to enjoy free of charge.

Andy Goeler, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, said the brand and the team wanted to do something special to reward the loyalty of the fans, just like the company had when it fulfilled its promise to Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson and guaranteed a beer for every fan at bars along the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade route.

The idea of celebrating the first win might have seemed like a touchy subject, but team officials embraced it.

"Obviously, we are nowhere near satisfied with our win totals in recent seasons, and our fans deserve much better," said Browns chief operating officer Dave Jenkins. "While some may characterize it as celebrating one victory, we view this as an opportunity to thank Browns fans for their unwavering support while also looking forward to our goal of rewarding Cleveland with a consistently winning football team."

In order to be eligible for the 200 to 300 16-ounce aluminum bottles inside each fridge, a fan has to be inside the bar when the clock strikes zero, just to ensure that person is already carded and is of legal drinking age.

Goeler says the beer brand will change out the beer every month, if necessary, to make sure the product stays fresh.
I see Walmart during Black Friday. I can’t wait for the video. Can you get more Browns?

Psycho_X

Legend
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24372118/fans-get-free-beer-cleveland-browns-first-victory-season

Fans to get free beer with Browns' first victory
Darren Rovell/ESPN Senior Writer

cleveland-browns-vs-baltimore-ravens-december-17-2017-76793270da5ad353.jpg

Cleveland.com

There will be a celebration on tap when the Cleveland Browns win their first regular-season game: Fans will get free beer.

Anheuser-Busch, whose Bud Light brand is the official beer of the NFL and 28 of its 32 teams, including the Browns, on Tuesday will begin placing eight-foot "Victory" fridges filled with Bud Light bottles into 10 Cleveland-area bars that purchased them.

When the clock strikes zero on the Browns' first win -- their last win was in Week 16 of the 2016 season against the San Diego Chargers -- the electromagnet that keeps the fridges locked will be turned off through a WiFi connection, opening all of them for fans to enjoy free of charge.

Andy Goeler, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, said the brand and the team wanted to do something special to reward the loyalty of the fans, just like the company had when it fulfilled its promise to Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson and guaranteed a beer for every fan at bars along the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade route.

The idea of celebrating the first win might have seemed like a touchy subject, but team officials embraced it.

"Obviously, we are nowhere near satisfied with our win totals in recent seasons, and our fans deserve much better," said Browns chief operating officer Dave Jenkins. "While some may characterize it as celebrating one victory, we view this as an opportunity to thank Browns fans for their unwavering support while also looking forward to our goal of rewarding Cleveland with a consistently winning football team."

In order to be eligible for the 200 to 300 16-ounce aluminum bottles inside each fridge, a fan has to be inside the bar when the clock strikes zero, just to ensure that person is already carded and is of legal drinking age.

Goeler says the beer brand will change out the beer every month, if necessary, to make sure the product stays fresh.

I see Walmart during Black Friday. I can’t wait for the video. Can you get more Browns?

Yeah. I see many ways this turns into a disaster.

But I want to see the guy with, what I envision as, a gigantic red button surrounded by safety glass with a lock on it sitting on his desk. Watching every agonizingly bad Browns game in hopes that this is the day he gets to push it to release the fridges so that he can stop watching Browns games again.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How many of you guys remember 10 Cent Beer Night at the old Cleveland Stadium during an Indians game?

That was a bad night.

This video is worth watching.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I actually feel bad for Haley right now. He's pretty much gone full Mugatu.

0Tq64Kq.gif

No doubt lol. But you know... IF he gets that offense rollin, he's going to be the belle of the ball for the annual Head Coach hiring frenzy.

I'm guessing he'll be Jerruh's first choice... :p

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hue lmao...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

Browns coach Hue Jackson played rookie Antonio Callaway so much as punishment for citation
Tom Schad, USA TODAY Published 7:03 a.m. ET Aug. 13, 2018 | Updated 2:32 p.m. ET Aug. 13, 2018

SportPulse: It's the most wonderful time of year! No, not Christmas. That window of time just after Week 1 of the NFL preseason where we get to overreact about everything. USA TODAY

Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said rookie receiver Antonio Callaway played so many snaps Thursday as a punishment for his recent marijuana citation.

Rather than discipline a player by benching him, as coaches often do, Jackson told reporters Sunday that he decided to go in the opposite direction, playing Callaway even when he asked for a breather.

"I was trying to make him play the whole game if we could," Jackson told reporters. "I did not want him to come out."

Callaway played 54 offensive snaps (out of 63) and finished with three catches for 87 yards and one touchdown against the New York Giants.

It was an unorthodox form of punishment for a rookie wide receiver who was cited last week for suspicion of driving with a suspended license and possession of a small amount of marijuana. Callaway also failed to inform the team about the stop before it was published by local media, according to multiple reports.

"That was part of the consequence of what he had been through, and he knows it. That is what it was," Jackson continued. "Either you sit him or make him play. I thought it was better to make him play. Make him play as long as he could. There were a couple of times he kept waving to come out, and we said, 'No, stay in there.'"

Contact Tom Schad at tschad@usatoday.com or on Twitter @Tom_Schad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How many of you guys remember 10 Cent Beer Night at the old Cleveland Stadium during an Indians game?

That was a bad night.

This video is worth watching.

Worked out so well they did it a month later. If you're the Browns and it doesn't work - just keep trying it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Callaway also failed to inform the team about the stop before it was published by local media, according to multiple reports.
In his defense, the cop pretty much advised him that it would probably fly under the radar if he didn't say anything. It's in the video IIRR.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Browns starting LT? none other than GRob. Browns definitely on their way to a winning season.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
According to the Browns official website, GRob ha been the primary LT with the 1st team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Worked out so well they did it a month later. If you're the Browns and it doesn't work - just keep trying it.

In his defense, the cop pretty much advised him that it would probably fly under the radar if he didn't say anything. It's in the video IIRR.

Ha you watched the video.......pretty amazing wasn't it. That would NEVER happen these days.

Yeah the cop was trying to find a way to let him go I think.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ha you watched the video.......pretty amazing wasn't it. That would NEVER happen these days.

Yeah the cop was trying to find a way to let him go I think.
Yeah... I can’t imagine them trying it today.... oh wait... FREE BEER! Stupid is as stupid does.

And yeah, it seemed the cop felt bad about ticketing him. At the same time, if he wasn’t under the influence, why the fuck did he pull him over in the first place? Oh yeah... “he was trying to find drunk drivers”. Sorry but I have been pulled over several times even though I did nothing wrong and it was obvious they were “trying to find drunk drivers”. It pisses me off frankly. There are plenty of drunks on the road that NEED to get pulled over. This crap of pulling someone over in hopes that you might smell something or get lucky is bullshit. If I’m weaving or doing tell tail things, that’s fine. But I’ve been pulled over for not using a turn signal when I ALWAYS use one, speeding when I wasn’t, pulling out “a little wide” out of my restaurant parking lot (which you pretty much have to do) only to have him see who I was and say, “Oh sorry Mr. Miller, I didn’t know it was you.”, another time because he said he couldn’t read the license plate on my completely stock Chevy pick-up to which I asked him if I could go back there and look at it with him. We did and he admitted it was clearly visible. On not one of these occasions was I drunk or even buzzed. I get working to get drunk drivers off the road, but this kind of shit is just not good for the relationship between cops and the public.

End of rant.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams drafted WR Donnie Avery in 2008 over DeSean Jackson & Jordy Nelson, they also killed me and @jrry32 when they drafted Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffery....Just never understood that selection.
My pain has a longer memory.
Eddie Kennison over Marvin Harrison.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My pain has a longer memory.
Eddie Kennison over Marvin Harrison.

I could go deeper....Lawrence Phillips over Eddie George, GM Steve Ortmayer really blew that year and he in Head Coach Richie Brooks opted to sign Steve Walsh over Randall Cunningham as well, just outrageous. Anyway the only good to come from that was after that year was eyes left followed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I could go deeper....Lawrence Phillips over Eddie George,
That was the same year. Though, at the time, Lawrence Phillips was a beast at Nebraska. He had some red flags, of course, but I didn't really question that decision.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That was the same year. Though, at the time, Lawrence Phillips was a beast at Nebraska. He had some red flags, of course, but I didn't really question that decision.

Wow I did and maybe I was a tad biased because George was a Buckeye, but my feeling was, why take a chance on Phillips, when you could draft a guy like Eddie George? Who personified excellence both on and off the field, but that's just me and I realize it is easy to post that now, but I truly felt that way at the time.

BTW, if was Vermeil and Charley Armey running things, who do you think they would have selected?