The Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wentz would have changed Cleveland IMHO and I'm shocked they did not love him, he fit their type of QB far more than Goff, however, Hue Jackson spent quite a bit of time on the West Coast in college including being OC and QB Coach of the California Golden Bears in 96 so that might have factored in as well.

Good point, passing on Watson a mistake as well...So Baker Mayfield has to succeed in spite of his organization and that's a tall order for a short QB. Again I'm not in Mayfield's camp, I felt Sam Darnold should have been the pick, however, Mayfield has overcome many obstacles in his life thus far, so he's battle tested.

I think Hue outsmarted himself with the QBs. The moment I realized he was in over his head was the day he acted all smug about Kessler, as if he was some raw diamond everyone else missed. Being a USC fan I wasn't buying of course.

He's a good OC. But this tenure he's shown himself to be in over his head in terms of not being able to help Cleveland's crappy front office to make good decisions at key roster positions. And sadly with the new GM in that seat Hue has very little time to impress him, like this year to be exact, so he'd better hope he wins early.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
You can tell we need the football season to start as soon as possible when we have a Cleveland Browns thread.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Did they trade the wrong receiver?

Just heard their rookie got busted for possession

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So Gordon... I don’t get his status. He’s apparently not going to be available for the start of the season yet the Browns have “worked with the NFL” to maintain his FA status. What does that even mean? Are the Browns just maintaining their desperation status?

There was a little talk of him getting counseling for that space between his ears.

Wentz would have changed Cleveland IMHO and I'm shocked they did not love him, he fit their type of QB far more than Goff, however, Hue Jackson spent quite a bit of time on the West Coast in college including being OC and QB Coach of the California Golden Bears in 96 so that might have factored in as well.

IMO a pocket QB in that weather on grass is a better fit than a running QB.

And we know they wanted Goff and when it was leaked that the Rams made the trade to get Goff they opted out of the #2 spot.

Wentz has been injured and dinged a few times. And that knee injury was really bad. Running QB's have short careers.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
And not just 1st round picks. High first round picks
Youd think by now, with all those picks, they would have been able to build a contender. Instead, they get the Brandon Weedens and the Manziels of the world. Lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Youd think by now, with all those picks, they would have been able to build a contender. Instead, they get the Brandon Weedens and the Manziels of the world. Lol

It's too bad for them that somebody talked Jerry out of taking Manziel. ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yeah. If only they had Jerruh and his son and Jason Garrett who don't blow it on draft day but can't win anything in the post season and flop a lot in the regular season.

Jones is one of the worst in the NFL..........and why he keeps Garrett is a discussion all to itself.

ausmurp

Starter
....:and yet from 2007-2016 the Rams won fewer games than the Browns.
In fact, no one won less than the Rams in that ten year span.
Thankfully, mercifully, it seems to have turned around.
But Ram fans have no room to bash other front office organizations. The Rams set the bar at absolute garbage front office for years.
One season does not make the team of Demoff, Snead and the coaching staff winners or keepers. There is going to be a lot of work to do to maintain it.
The change started with Snead/Demoff being allowed to do their thing. There was actually a plan....nice for a change. With McVay the team has a coach that can be here (hopefully) long term....10+ years. That implies consistent success but lends stability that top organizations always have.
Fans of long suffering teams loath bandwagon fans with good reason.
Since I first bought season tickets in 1992 I have seen 5 (including last year) winning seasons. That is pathetic. I know there are older fans that have suffered much longer. Also saw lots of good football in the 80's.
My point is, yes, the Browns are a joke and a terrible organization. The Rams are the same joke until last year.
The team is well set up for long term success.
I am hopeful for the first time in forever.
I for one will be watching the drafted and second year OL and the young LBs.
How will teams adjust to McVays offense and Goff?
The draft is always the key. Always.
The Rams have to find a starting quality lineman or two of the young guys they have on the roster now.
Yes. Sit the f down. Be humble.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
You are an outlier IMO. I respect pretty much everything you say regarding draft picks because I know you put the work in and you have a pretty good track record with Donald, Goff, Joyner and a few others.

Of course a fan can do better, because there are only so many players to pick and for one player to be great, another has to be a bust. Plus we all have an idea based on how they perform in college and the scouting combine around what round a player should be picked.

In any given draft there are probably around 20 guys who everyone knows will be a first round pick - all you have to do to be right where a GM is wrong is want a guy who ends up being good when that GM picked a bust.

But at the end of the day, teams have scouts watching a ton of these prospects in person. They (generally speaking) have more time to watch film of these players. They (generally speaking) have access to film that we do not. And they probably have connections with college coaching staffs that we do not.

In a way it's kind of like blackjack. A GM is like a player that knows how to play and follows the rules that allow for optimal success - but there are times where you can lose and lose badly anyway. Conversely, (most) fans are like the guy that sits down and hits on a 17 and sometimes has a string of luck and gets a 4. At the end of the night, the fan will walk out with more money - but the GM was the better blackjack player.

But the browns have been soo bad at it for how long? And not even bad. They've been horrible. I cant even see who's 2nd worse without binoculars. 15 different qbs to start the last 19 seasons while having more high draft picks than any team in the league. You almost have to try to be that incompetent.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Yeah. If only they had Jerruh and his son and Jason Garrett who don't blow it on draft day but can't win anything in the post season and flop a lot in the regular season.

Jones is one of the worst in the NFL..........and why he keeps Garrett is a discussion all to itself.
wow. Sorry, didnt know there were browns fans here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They are stupid idiots. Is that clear enough, if you are searching for words?

Ants

Starter
Here's what I don't understand about the Browns:
Why didn't they draft the guy that made that nice hit on Mayfield?
...no, not in the preseason game.
I'm talking about the cop who tackled him in that police video. THAT was a nice hit.
:rimshot:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Why come to Ram's forum @LesBaker? Aren't you finding enough love from the Browns fans? But glad to have ya.:grouphug:

Psycho_X

Legend
Kinda looking forward to the day these two fight for the crown of "biggest asshat in the NFL". Williams has the non-stop tenacity but Todd Haley gets those crazy eyes that only old school PE teachers had in grade school that made you think they secretly murdered people.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I really want the browns to do well. Loveable rogues.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I actually feel bad for Haley right now. He's pretty much gone full Mugatu.

0Tq64Kq.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24372118/fans-get-free-beer-cleveland-browns-first-victory-season

Fans to get free beer with Browns' first victory
Darren Rovell/ESPN Senior Writer

cleveland-browns-vs-baltimore-ravens-december-17-2017-76793270da5ad353.jpg

Cleveland.com

There will be a celebration on tap when the Cleveland Browns win their first regular-season game: Fans will get free beer.

Anheuser-Busch, whose Bud Light brand is the official beer of the NFL and 28 of its 32 teams, including the Browns, on Tuesday will begin placing eight-foot "Victory" fridges filled with Bud Light bottles into 10 Cleveland-area bars that purchased them.

When the clock strikes zero on the Browns' first win -- their last win was in Week 16 of the 2016 season against the San Diego Chargers -- the electromagnet that keeps the fridges locked will be turned off through a WiFi connection, opening all of them for fans to enjoy free of charge.

Andy Goeler, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, said the brand and the team wanted to do something special to reward the loyalty of the fans, just like the company had when it fulfilled its promise to Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson and guaranteed a beer for every fan at bars along the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade route.

The idea of celebrating the first win might have seemed like a touchy subject, but team officials embraced it.

"Obviously, we are nowhere near satisfied with our win totals in recent seasons, and our fans deserve much better," said Browns chief operating officer Dave Jenkins. "While some may characterize it as celebrating one victory, we view this as an opportunity to thank Browns fans for their unwavering support while also looking forward to our goal of rewarding Cleveland with a consistently winning football team."

In order to be eligible for the 200 to 300 16-ounce aluminum bottles inside each fridge, a fan has to be inside the bar when the clock strikes zero, just to ensure that person is already carded and is of legal drinking age.

Goeler says the beer brand will change out the beer every month, if necessary, to make sure the product stays fresh.