The Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm too lazy to research this but...

All of their first rounders they have released, have any of them worked out on other teams?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this for the Browns. They might have the best fans in the NFL.

St. Louis gave Rams fans just a small taste of what Browns fans have endured - yet there are Browns fans everywhere in Cleveland and here in Columbus.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Cleveland Browns will win a couple of games this year, however, IMHO will have a new Head Coach next year and these will be the possibilities.

It won't matter if they don't have a GM and QB.

Rams have been drafting well for a few years and have done the work of lifting themselves out of the pit. Cleveland is still mired at the bottom. Even if Dorsey is the guy, all those wasted draft picks just show the bad times are going to last for a while longer.

Snead has made ALL the difference in the world IMO. He's the Rams real MVP. As fans we are very fortunate to have him because he can build a roster like a boss.

My point is draftkng is key.

Yup.......see above. It's critical more than ever with the new rookie wage scale. Inexpensive talent really gives someone like Snead room to make bold moves. But if you are having to replace guys who aren't good it's like running in circles.

On the one hand, I'm not sure how true this story is.
OTOH, who cares . . . just too funny/bizarre

Jimmy Haslam says homeless man convinced him to 'draft Manziel'
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-haslam-says-homeless-man-convinced-him-to-draft-manziel/

I wouldn't doubt it. Haslem is the worst owner the NFL has ever seen. And he's a legit criminal.

They might have the best fans in the NFL.

I agree..........and Haslem doesn't deserve them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Haslam is a turd. I believe dudes like him make it hard on those who work for him.

That said, hiring Dorsey was a huge positive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yup.......see above. It's critical more than ever with the new rookie wage scale. Inexpensive talent really gives someone like Snead room to make bold moves. But if you are having to replace guys who aren't good it's like running in circles.
Exactly. Spags anyone?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Gordon... I don’t get his status. He’s apparently not going to be available for the start of the season yet the Browns have “worked with the NFL” to maintain his FA status. What does that even mean? Are the Browns just maintaining their desperation status?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Well, as soon as the Rams made their intentions known that they coveted Goff the Browns immediately traded out of the second spot, so it was obvious their target was Jared Goff, not Wentz. Not sure if that makes me feel good or bad.

The Ramowl

Starter
Well, as soon as the Rams made their intentions known that they coveted Goff the Browns immediately traded out of the second spot, so it was obvious their target was Jared Goff, not Wentz. Not sure if that makes me feel good or bad.

I think they were really wrong because Wentz was probably more capable of doing well in a team like the Browns. Had Goff been drafted by the Browns, he would probably have had just as bad a start, then probably more of the bad in year 2 and would probably be considered a total bust today. He got lucky to get McVay, really a life changing event for him.

This raises the question : how would the players drafted by the Browns done if they had been drafteed elsewhere, and how much of their incapability to do better in an other team afterwards comes from the fact that they got no developement (or negative) in Cleveland

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think they were really wrong because Wentz was probably more capable of doing well in a team like the Browns. Had Goff been drafted by the Browns, he would probably have had just as bad a start, then probably more of the bad in year 2 and would probably be considered a total bust today. He got lucky to get McVay, really a life changing event for him.

Wentz would have changed Cleveland IMHO and I'm shocked they did not love him, he fit their type of QB far more than Goff, however, Hue Jackson spent quite a bit of time on the West Coast in college including being OC and QB Coach of the California Golden Bears in 96 so that might have factored in as well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wentz would have changed Cleveland IMHO and I'm shocked they did not love him, he fit their type of QB far more than Goff, however, Hue Jackson spent quite a bit of time on the West Coast in college including being OC and QB Coach of the California Golden Bears in 96 so that might have factored in as well.

i don't know which is worse, passing on wentz or passing on watson.

only the browns.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
i don't know which is worse, passing on wentz or passing on watson.

only the browns.

Good point, passing on Watson a mistake as well...So Baker Mayfield has to succeed in spite of his organization and that's a tall order for a short QB. Again I'm not in Mayfield's camp, I felt Sam Darnold should have been the pick, however, Mayfield has overcome many obstacles in his life thus far, so he's battle tested.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
That means the Browns were right for once, but even they didn't trust themselves, thus the trade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So Gordon... I don’t get his status. He’s apparently not going to be available for the start of the season yet the Browns have “worked with the NFL” to maintain his FA status. What does that even mean? Are the Browns just maintaining their desperation status?

Gordon's incredibly talented but a cancer IMO. They should have flipped him to another team for peanuts years ago and let him be someone else's perennial tease.

Have to think his days are numbered now that Cleveland has a real GM.