The Beer Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could switch the state around to your state if you want.

I used to drive 48 states and a couple of Canadian provinces and so I have tasted a few brews in the Great White North. (It' s beauty way to go! ~ CGI). I was able to get the #1 ale on my list in Detroit, but nowhere else. Of course you have your Lablatt's Blue and Moosehead and other common ones. My ale that I miss most is Sleeman's Cream Ale. I may be romanticizing it somewhat because I can't get it anymore and probably never will drink another one where I live. It is made In Ontario Province, not too far from Detroit.

So what's your favorite brew that you miss?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I will have to try Sleemans again. It’s not one I’ve tried in a while.

I miss this one from trips to that area; Kentucky Bourbon Ale.

ci-alltech-kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale-b6dac9e3acc3feda.jpeg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I was away doing a bit of travelling in Canada (during the SARS outbreak funnily enough) I stumbled across Kokanee beer. I thought it was a nice drop. I think it helped the name sounded a bit like Cockney. Anyway i was in this bar and they had a doris (who was rather nice I seem to remember) serving them up from a giant ice bucket away from the bar. I bowled over and asked for three. The girl said no I had to pay for them. Obviously a communication breakdown due to my accent as she thought I thought they were free rather than asking for three. After about three goes of me asking she got there. Not too bright these Canadians are they??

oldnotdead

Legend
At least I can get my favorite beers here in AZ and still relatively inexpensive. Pacifico and Modelo Negra but I have been known to drink Blue Moon, Coors & now discontinued Michelob Dark....haven't tried their Amber Bock yet. Bud is a bit harsh for my palate. When Busch discontinued Dark that's when I eventually found Modelo Negra. I like dark beers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You could switch the state around to your state if you want.

I used to drive 48 states and a couple of Canadian provinces and so I have tasted a few brews in the Great White North. (It' s beauty way to go! ~ CGI). I was able to get the #1 ale on my list in Detroit, but nowhere else. Of course you have your Lablatt's Blue and Moosehead and other common ones. My ale that I miss most is Sleeman's Cream Ale. I may be romanticizing it somewhat because I can't get it anymore and probably never will drink another one where I live. It is made In Ontario Province, not too far from Detroit.

So what's your favorite brew that you miss?

Well, tried to get one of those Sleemans but it wasn’t in stock. Drinking one of these now;

A71E57D3-5CFC-41D4-B6B3-7AE9142B85E1.jpeg

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glacier Bay Beer. I had it when I was in college in the 90's. They had the bottle with the bottle openers on the bottom of them. Domestic beer, but that is all we drank back then. I thought it was Canadian, but having problems locating anything on it at the moment.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
We went to a few breweries while in Montreal a few years ago. Benelux hands down was our favorite, which specializes in American West Coast and classic Belgian styles for which it's named. Located a few blocks east of McGill.

Brasserie Dunham is very good as well. Had a few beers from them too while I was out there.

Wouldn't mind being able to find those beers in nor cal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At least I can get my favorite beers here in AZ and still relatively inexpensive. Pacifico and Modelo Negra but I have been known to drink Blue Moon, Coors & now discontinued Michelob Dark....haven't tried their Amber Bock yet. Bud is a bit harsh for my palate. When Busch discontinued Dark that's when I eventually found Modelo Negra. I like dark beers.
We need a Natty Ice Dark ~ CGI
@CGI_Ram

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Got one of these on the go, right now. Cherry milk stout.

Not bad!

05D71F70-9BA1-4A60-B950-5EEEA38D3B8E.jpeg

Bald_81

UDFA
Got one of these on the go, right now. Cherry milk stout.

Not bad!

View attachment 36065
Beau's is a great brewery! I'm Canadian, so I'll share a couple of breweries/beers I really enjoy. A little forewarning -- I'm really into craft beer. I absolutely love sours, but it's not for everyone. Besides that, my favourite types are porters and stouts.

Collective Arts is my favourite craft brewery right now. Their beer tastes great, but on top of that they have really cool graphic design and art on their cans. Stranger Than Fiction is a porter that I absolutely love and I also really enjoy their sour called Jam Up The Mash.

20171101_154037-871x1024.jpg

A more well-known brewery is Mill Street. Their organic is a solid and safe choice, but my personal favourite is their vanilla porter. They have a wide variety of beers that are top notch.

mill-street-vanilla-porter.jpg

Lastly, I recommend Amsterdam Brewery as well. So many great beers to choose from. My favourite is a brown called Downtown Brown.

7911H.jpg

I'll drink just about anything, but those are some of my favourite breweries and types of beer! I would love to drive down through the US sometime and sample some of the craft beer that they have to offer. Won't be happening any time soon, sadly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Beau's is a great brewery! I'm Canadian, so I'll share a couple of breweries/beers I really enjoy. A little forewarning -- I'm really into craft beer. I absolutely love sours, but it's not for everyone. Besides that, my favourite types are porters and stouts.

Collective Arts is my favourite craft brewery right now. Their beer tastes great, but on top of that they have really cool graphic design and art on their cans. Stranger Than Fiction is a porter that I absolutely love and I also really enjoy their sour called Jam Up The Mash.

20171101_154037-871x1024.jpg

A more well-known brewery is Mill Street. Their organic is a solid and safe choice, but my personal favourite is their vanilla porter. They have a wide variety of beers that are top notch.

mill-street-vanilla-porter.jpg

Lastly, I recommend Amsterdam Brewery as well. So many great beers to choose from. My favourite is a brown called Downtown Brown.

7911H.jpg

I'll drink just about anything, but those are some of my favourite breweries and types of beer! I would love to drive down through the US sometime and sample some of the craft beer that they have to offer. Won't be happening any time soon, sadly.

I had a Mill Street Meridian as my 2nd beer today. Red Lager.

I am in Canada. Give me a sour recommendation. (y) Something I can get on East coast... but most you have there, I can get here.

Bald_81

UDFA
I had a Mill Street Meridian as my 2nd beer today. Red Lager.

I am in Canada. Give me a sour recommendation. (y) Something I can get on East coast... but most you have there, I can get here.
Nice! Tip of the cap to a fellow Canadian.

My favourite sours are Jam Up The Mash from Collective Arts, Dry-Hopped Sour from Side Launch and Bang-Bang from Left Field Brewery. There's definitely a fine line between too sour to the point where it's not enjoyable and just the right amount of tang. Those three hit the mark for me. I've just gotten into sours recently so there's way more that I'm meaning to try. There's also the famed Bellwoods Brewery 'Jelly King' sours, but they are ridiculously over-priced and overrated IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My favourite sours are Jam Up The Mash from Collective Arts, Dry-Hopped Sour from Side Launch and Bang-Bang from Left Field Brewery. There's definitely a fine line between too sour to the point where it's not enjoyable and just the right amount of tang.

I haven’t tasted one. Like, zero. So appreciate a place to look, to start.

These intrigue me. I don’t mind a ciders in the Summer months, so this seems like a taste I could like. My taste of drinks, beer, etc, is pretty wide anyway.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Bald_81 when I went to Montreal the beer enthusiasts there were really into the old school sours from Belgium like Cantillon and Girardin. Both are more available on the east coast than the west, and are excellent.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay. Just pounded back like a dozen of these.

A dozen, being 1, of course.

New Brunswick, 6.5%.

652CF4A3-294E-4918-95B4-60AEC9C925FF.jpeg

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor