The Aaron Rodgers Saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
The thing I believe it is about personality. When Favre and Montana requested a trade noone faulted them because people like their personality. A lot of people donl like Rodgers so he gets criticized.
yeah I mean Rodgers does come across as a smug prick.... but him being pissed about this - every other QB even approaching his level would have been just as pissed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
how do you know? Was he supposed to come out and say "man they really shouldn't have drafted me it's offensive to Brett Favre."

There was nothing to say or that he could say about it.

You nor I have no clue how he felt about it.

okay I’ll reword it. He accepted it. So he should be a man and accept it this time too.

You guys are getting way too wrapped up in defending the guy. Keep going. I don’t think he’s much of a team player. He sounds like a me type and he whines more than the other 32 starting QBs in the league.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
yeah I mean Rodgers does come across as a smug prick.... but him being pissed about this - every other QB even approaching his level would have been just as pissed.
As would any employee in any industry. Like when Disney outsourced its IT and made the current staff train their replacements or they would lose severance pay. Disney had the leverage. Its business so when an employee has leverage i see no reason to begrudge him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The thing I believe it is about personality. When Favre and Montana requested a trade noone faulted them because people like their personality. A lot of people donl like Rodgers so he gets criticized.
Could be. It just seems that he’s done much complaining or being stubborn over the last few years. He’s been whining and difficult for some time now. It’s not like it’s a one time thing.

I can only go off what I see. Stafford requested a trade but it sounded much different to me.

I tell my son to be a team player and to be coachable and work hard. If he acted like Rodgers I would be embarrassed and disappointed. Maybe if he was as good as Rodgers I wouldn’t care, but I doubt it.

I’m not sure AR would ever be content. Maybe that’s what got him to be as good as he is. AAron Donald held out and it seemed different. Others have held out and it seemed messy and whiny. There’s different ways to go about things.

Psycho_X

Legend
AR kinda seems like a bit of a diva from far away and not knowing what happens behind the scenes. At the same time, I can't blame him from wanting to get the most out of the final couple years of his professional career. It is a business and both Packers and Rodgers have the right to do what's best for their futures. It is what it is.

Personally, the NFC West is set at QB now and the Whiners aren't going to get him anymore so I don't really care what happens to him or Green Bay. Hopefully he goes to the AFC or retires but if he goes to another non-NFC West team we're no better or worse off.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Greenbay, they don't have a single "owner" and so they run the team kinda like an old mom and pop store, very frugal with the inventory and only replacing items when they absolutely have to. Maybe the old way isn't working.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
One thing interesting is the tams he wanrs to be traded to. Las Vegas, Denver, and SF. Three teams in easy commute to Los Angeles. Maybe he wants to keep his Jepordy gig going.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It all started with Green Bay drafting Love. It’s the exact same situation Rodgers came in the league under. Double standard.

Drafting Jordan Love will never in a million years be the equivalent of drafting Aaron Rodgers. But there were at least three serious, real problems with GB drafting Love.

The first is that it was too early. It couldn't work in terms of the contracts and potential use of either QB. Rodgers had a four year contract and, as we have seen, was playing at a very high level. A rookie qb gets a potential five years under an affordable contract.

Both these situations require that you play the qb-- Rodgers because he's the best qb in the league, and Love because you have him on a cheap deal and you have to take advantage of that. But you can't play Love early, you would force Rodgers to retire or demand a trade. But you can't sit him four years, then play him for one, then lose him to free agency or pay him on a real deal. It's a colossal waste of a draft pick.

The second problem is that the Packers had a championship window with Rodgers for four years. If they had given him the tools to win games, instead of just manage them, he would have done it. Last year. This year. Next year. It's a colossal waste of arguably the best qb ever.

The third was that it was certain to piss off Rodgers, and it did. Not just because it suggested the team didn't really value him, but because they didn't give him the offensive support he needed to win a championship.

The most likely result of GB drafting Love was, foreseeably, that they would push Rodgers out the door. At the moment that's what appears to be happening.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a pretty good back up to Matt Stafford and Wolfy won't mind being a number 3..... Pull the vaccination trigger, Les!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Drafting Jordan Love will never in a million years be the equivalent of drafting Aaron Rodgers. But there were at least three serious, real problems with GB drafting Love.

The first is that it was too early. It couldn't work in terms of the contracts and potential use of either QB. Rodgers had a four year contract and, as we have seen, was playing at a very high level. A rookie qb gets a potential five years under an affordable contract.

Both these situations require that you play the qb-- Rodgers because he's the best qb in the league, and Love because you have him on a cheap deal and you have to take advantage of that. But you can't play Love early, you would force Rodgers to retire or demand a trade. But you can't sit him four years, then play him for one, then lose him to free agency or pay him on a real deal. It's a colossal waste of a draft pick.

The second problem is that the Packers had a championship window with Rodgers for four years. If they had given him the tools to win games, instead of just manage them, he would have done it. Last year. This year. Next year. It's a colossal waste of arguably the best qb ever.

The third was that it was certain to piss off Rodgers, and it did. Not just because it suggested the team didn't really value him, but because they didn't give him the offensive support he needed to win a championship.

The most likely result of GB drafting Love was, foreseeably, that they would push Rodgers out the door. At the moment that's what appears to be happening.
For saying I can’t know what Rodgers thinks you do a lot of knowing what the Packers management thinks.

They did give him weapons. He’s got a top RB and WR, a great Oline and some very good supporting pieces. Getting to the NFC Championship game is not failure in my book. How much more does he need? Film of the opposing teams defensive calls?

But maybe you are correct. Maybe they pushed him out. Does he have a no trade clause? If so then that’s the only way to get rid of him aside from releasing him and getting no return and a lot of dead money on the cap.

Drafting Love to squeeze out Rodgers is an elaborate scheme don’t you think? Drafting Love also certainly can be akin to drafting Rodgers. They liked both otherwise they wouldn’t use first round picks on them. They didn’t draft Love only to push out Rodgers. Back to that though. Why push out one of the best QBs of the last two decades? Maybe because they were sick of his bellyaching. It goes way back to his days with McCarthy. Which brings us back to the original thought. Rodgers is a dick. Otherwise no sane team in the league would want him gone.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Rodgers wants to win, and plays for an organization that is so dysfunctional, that they dont build around him. In fact they basically troll him with the moves they ultimately do make. Its just like the Watson issue with Houston, you have the reason the franchise is successful, make commitments to said player that their input is valuable, and then turn around and do the opposite of what they want. Green Bay is absolutely nothing without Rodgers over the last decade.
Last 10 1st round picks, the only offensive player they drafted was Jordan Freakin Love
2 Defensive Ends
5 Defensive Backs
1 Defensive Tackle
1 Linebacker
1 QB

Okay. Sure, they've drafted defensive players. The highest they've ranked in points allowed the last decade is 9th (2019). They have averaged #19 from 2011-2020, so they're trying to fix that. On offense? First in points last year, 5th in yards. They've averaged #8.5 in points. And the last two years they're 26-6. They need to improve? How are they screwing Rodgers? He's got Davante Adams.....58 TDs the last 5 years. TE Tonyan had 11 this year. RB Aaron Jones has averaged 5.0 ypc the last 2 years. I don't see what Rodgers has to complain about except the Packers drafting a QB last year. But you'd think a guy with his resume would be a little less insecure and paranoid.

Oh Shit!!!! Tampa just drafted Kyle Trask!!! Rumor is Brady will never return to Tampa!!!

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think drafting him was a mistake because now Rodgers was the league MVP. If Rodgers decides to play in GB for another three or four years, and plays at this level, the Love pick was a waste.

Only move left for the Packers is to trade Rodgers. It was obviously going to happen at some point anyways - that's the reason they drafted Love.

But Rodgers is also being a bitch. He often crumbles in the NFCCG. His defense gave him four INTs against Seattle and while the onside kick obviously played a part, Rodgers and the offense didn't capitalize. He's the opposite of Brady in almost every way and despite having more talent, he's not close to Brady because of that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It will be Denver or Las Vegas, Denver seems like a natural fit and if that trade goes down, you will have Rodgers, Mahomes & Justin Herbert all in the same division.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It will be Denver or Las Vegas, Denver seems like a natural fit and if that trade goes down, you will have Rodgers, Mahomes & Justin Herbert all in the same division.
Either way that's good for the rest of the North. It'll go from the black and blah division back to the black and blue. If it went up on a marquee it might say "Cousins and Goff shoot it out for the division title" or "The race to 8-8!!".

But let's all be totally honest about this. He's got butthurt because they drafted Love. After Love going through the same thing as he did, you think the guy would have some compassion. Maybe he's trying to be like Favre......instead of "I'll probably retire. No I won't. Yes, I might" it's "I want out. No I don't. Yes I do." Primafookingdonna with a title so far in the rear view mirror it looks like a booger.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would have thought slipping to #24 on draft day might have humbled him a bit, but it seems cocky arrogant people have no ability to see themselves from the outside. I hope he retires, he can do his state farm commercials and I will still not like him.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Tough situation for Rodgers. The draft is over, 5 teams in the first round chose QBs so the pool of suitors are less.

I don't agree players should have a say in personnel because once one does than others will causing an opening of the floodgates to problems. Yet it should be understood the goal of the team is to get better so management should be in the same mindset as Rodgers if he had a say.

Rodgers wants the GM fired that is seriously severe. My thoughts on that is last year they made it to the championship game so why fire the GM? Also why would you want to leave, most of the options to me seem way inferior to GB plus he has to learn a new playbook, gel with new teammates and bond with the HC. Denver, Raiders, Carolina, New Orleans seem a drop down maybe NO maybe ok. I actually like the Giants but none of the options I just mentioned are better than what he has now.

I am not saying he should stay but why go to an inferior team just bc you don't like the GM?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think drafting him was a mistake because now Rodgers was the league MVP. If Rodgers decides to play in GB for another three or four years, and plays at this level, the Love pick was a waste.

Only move left for the Packers is to trade Rodgers. It was obviously going to happen at some point anyways - that's the reason they drafted Love.

But Rodgers is also being a bitch. He often crumbles in the NFCCG. His defense gave him four INTs against Seattle and while the onside kick obviously played a part, Rodgers and the offense didn't capitalize. He's the opposite of Brady in almost every way and despite having more talent, he's not close to Brady because of that.
When he does play well he’s all cocky about it. Which is funny in a way. You’d think he wins all the time. Instead he blames the management for not getting him better players.