The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I went to the midnight movies a fair amount. They had them every Friday and Saturday night at the Freemont theater in San Luis Obispo. We'd get stoned to the gills and go watch a really bad movie. It was the only time that talking and being raucous in a theater was not only tolerated but encouraged.

RHPS was the standard. I never did bring toast though. There were several movies that only gained fame through becoming Midnight cult classics. Night of the Living Dead, Eraser Head, El Topo, Kentucky Fried Movie, Warriors, Heavy Metal, Refer Madness, to name a few.

Ah... Fun times.
I liked Warriors

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to travel frequently to Wyoming 20 years ago... It was like going back in time. The local pizza hut was arguably one of the top 3 places to "dine" in that town!! ;)
You mean it still isn't? ~ Rural Kansan

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
You mean it still isn't? ~ Rural Kansan
To put some perspective around this... the company site was about 50 miles from the metropolis of Evanston, WY - which itself is all of 10K people... in the interest of time, we sometimes stayed in Diamonville.... a community of about 500 people (who apparently refused to leave! :laugh4:)... When you have a Pizza Hut in town there, you are definately in the upper echelon of places to eat. I stayed in a motel there, one night and the bill was $23 and you could debate as to whether it was actually worth that price.

On the other hand, the energy expansion of the late 90's and early 2000's did provide an infux of newer/better hotels and restaurants. Even Diamondville got improved accomodatiosn and food choices - but not as much as places like Evanston, Casper, Rock Springs, Rawlins or Laramie did... they are actually habitable now!
:woozy2:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok you old codgers, time for you to play the music game! I am embarrassed to say I missed one artist, which was on the tip of my tongue!

View: https://youtu.be/ag13srbSzZI

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is so much music from which to represent the decade of the 70's. I heard it first as a young child and I liked the chorus:

"We were singin, bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry.
Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye.
Singing, "This'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die.'"

I didn't know what any of the lyrics meant at first, but I grew to understand the poetry of it, with it's hidden meanings. A close second would be Hotel California by the Eagles. Take a listen to Don McLean....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z13vOA7s0FI

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ah yes , the good ol'e days

losts of places you could only get gas on even or odd number days of the week , depending the last number of you license plate

and you were limited to only 10 gallons at a time , and considering alot of cars only got like 10 MPG..................lol

AAKY4G.jpg

View attachment 56767
And it was all a scam. We threw the middle finger up a lot. Find myself doing that once again!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Great thread and I concur. 70’s all the way. I would also throw in the very early 80’s, especially in terms of music and film, pop culture. MTV fucked it all up but that’s one man’s opinion.

The only thing missing from this awesome thread is 70’s pics of ya’ll.

Tano

Legend
Great thread and I concur. 70’s all the way. I would also throw in the very early 80’s, especially in terms of music and film, pop culture. MTV fucked it all up but that’s one man’s opinion.

The only thing missing from this awesome thread is 70’s pics of ya’ll.
You can't handle the pictures.