The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of my favorite 70's movies: The Exorcist; JAWS; China Town; The Shining (1980, so sue me!); Animal House; The Jerk; The Force of One; Enter the Dragon; PATTON; True Grit (first one!); Dirty Harry; The Enforcer; The Poseidon Adventure; The French Connection; Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back (1980 again!) Three Days of the Condor; Death Wish; The Mechanic; The Goodbye Girl (Yes! I like a chick movie); and more.
“These cans are defective, they are springing leaks”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The 70's was my worst decade by far. My Dad died at age 43, I burned through two marriages due to chronic alcoholism and being an ass-hat,, and to top it off I almost died from cirrhosis of the liver. The music was great though. :laugh2:

Ask me about the 60's. Now that was fun.

7a0c42ad551ac2bfe05dafe58c6eb61e.jpg

nighttrain

Legend
The 70's was my worst decade by far. My Dad died at age 43, I burned through two marriages due to chronic alcoholism and being an ass-hat,, and to top it off I almost died from cirrhosis of the liver. The music was great though. :laugh2:

Ask me about the 60's. Now that was fun.

View attachment 60022
I graduated from high school in '65, it was prime time to become a hippy, long haired MFer, I did my best!
train

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
"66 for me. Turned 21 in '69, took a year off ('71) from college (5 year program),
went to the Netherlands from 73-75, met my first wife in '77, married in '79...

Actually, thinking back, the 70's were a great decade. :thumbsup1: :sunglasses:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I graduated from high school in '65, it was prime time to become a hippy, long haired MFer, I did my best!
train
train loved him some Pettycoat Junction!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i grew up in Anaheim, beach party for days.
train
I grew up in Whittier and my Grandparents had a house in Brea! We could see the Disney fireworks show at night from their backyard....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know whether to post this comment here or in the Movie thread, but remember when double feature movies were a thing in the 70's? The escapism and cool air conditioning were a treat for kids. Even if you had already seen one of the movies, they still were not released for home viewing, unless your family was rich like @CGI_Ram 's family and paid for HBO.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This lol

I figured yours would be going to the well with a bucket and bring up the water for the day
I’hat goes without saying!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So tell me, have you ever had your mouth washed out with soap.? Haven't thought about this effective parenting tool in quite a while. Any of my fellow oldsters use this for a kid with a dirty mouth? I haven't heard of this in decades!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very fun interview by Mike Douglas with The very young cast of Star Wars: Carrie Fischer, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford. It’s sad that very few remember the Mike Douglas Show or the Merv Griffin Show anymore.

View: https://youtu.be/7lyIH5IYibo