The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of my favorite 70's movies: The Exorcist; JAWS; China Town; The Shining (1980, so sue me!); Animal House; The Jerk; The Force of One; Enter the Dragon; PATTON; True Grit (first one!); Dirty Harry; The Enforcer; The Poseidon Adventure; The French Connection; Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back (1980 again!) Three Days of the Condor; Death Wish; The Mechanic; The Goodbye Girl (Yes! I like a chick movie); and more.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
The Jerk could never be made in today's environment.

Still one of the all time funniest movies though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jerk could never be made in today's environment.

Still one of the all time funniest movies though.
"Somebody is attacking these oil cans!" ~ Navin

idsvvB8.gif

nighttrain

Legend
Some of my favorite 70's movies: The Exorcist; JAWS; China Town; The Shining (1980, so sue me!); Animal House; The Jerk; The Force of One; Enter the Dragon; PATTON; True Grit (first one!); Dirty Harry; The Enforcer; The Poseidon Adventure; The French Connection; Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back (1980 again!) Three Days of the Condor; Death Wish; The Mechanic; The Goodbye Girl (Yes! I like a chick movie); and more.
high five amigo, loved them all!
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, that picture hurts me a little. I remember when I unsuccessfully tried to pop wheelies with a heavy Schwinn along with riding without hands (with no shirt). I remember falling wearing only shorts and no shirt....Gravel was into my skin and I was scrapped all over. I think I was 8-9 years old and a neighbor carried me a full block to my house. I also got my first skateboard from a swap meet in 1974 and tried rolling over a garden hose, which was a big mistake. I fell forward and broke my front teeth on a weekend. My Dad had gotten his first sales bonus that week end and used most of it on an emergency dentist for me. The nerves in those teeth were exposed and the pain was horrible with every breath I took.

Thanks for my painful 70's memories!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dang it, how could I forget Rocky!!!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How could you forget these two? Billy Jack and Harold and Maude.
How could you forget Close Encounters of the Third Kind; Dark Star; Invasion of the Body Snatchers!!!!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

Oh god does this bring me back.

So a quick personal story, When you start your first class at your new airline they have each person stand up and introduce themselves telling who they are, where they came from, etc, etc. Long story short I was starting my sixth airline with Southwest and my fourth in the previous three years including seven major training cycles. I was a little numb starting another one yet happy to do so. I grew a little cynical at the rather stupid routine of always having to sound like a drone introducing yourself. Just seemed embarrassing for most. Maybe its good. I don't know. But again I was numb.

I was one of the last in a class of 22 to do the routine. And I don't know how I got the courage (to note this was in 1994) but when it was my turn I stood up and started by saying.........

"My name is "SWAdude"..............and I was born a poor black child."

The class and instructor all really busted up from the natural tension during those times and I became the class rockstar. Everyone new that movie during that time. That same instructor gave me a checkride a year later and remembered me from that one line. He said it was his best intro ever and still cracked up at it when he thought about. Thats always good when you are being tested with your job on the line.