The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am pretty sure I watched every episode of the original Speed Racer.

This was a cool car. :D

View: https://youtu.be/u9x1ZMUhjvc

I loved Speed Racer. I would look forward to watching the show every day after school was over. I loved Racer X and that phantom car that drove the drivers of it insane because it was so fast (GRX).. Here is the two part episode, which you can watch right now! lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLoCV477acE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4XPnSMvuMs

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
remember taking 24 pictures , then having to get them developed , just to find out you only hand 4 of the 24 were decent pictures

5923658237_b54ae23129.jpg

Tano

Legend

Tano

Legend
I also remember having to watch Speed Racer on a UHF channel IIRC (or was it VHF) and it was all fuzzy and could hardly see it

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw this YouTube video and smelled it too. What a trip to see an old product and be able to mell it in your memory…. There is a smell that I associate with 70’s era K-Mart store parking lots. A sweet smell that I only smelled in SoCal K-Marts! I hadn’t been in LA in 20 years or so in 2003 when I smelled the exact same smell in a (again) K-Mart parking lot! Seriously, if you know what plant this is, let me know.

View: https://youtu.be/P3vtbn92pZE

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
High beam selector

Crazy high tech we had back then right !

At least it was Hands-Free. LOL

Our young members have probably never seen anything like that before. Hell, they probably still haven't because they are staying the hell out of this thread anyway. Hahahahahahaaaaa

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
my first car was a 1974 Pontiac LeMans , it had one

I googled to see when they stopped putting it there . sounds like around 1977 , they stared tophase them out
I had a 1968 Plymouth Fury and a 1974 Toyota HiLux truck and both had them.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
my first car was a 1974 Pontiac LeMans , it had one

I googled to see when they stopped putting it there . sounds like around 1977 , they stared to phase them out

My Dad had a Ford Maverick (early 70s) that he bought brand new before we moved to Hawaii. He had it shipped over and and shipped back to the Mainland when we returned in the 80s. He loved that damn car. He made me wash and wax that damn thing once a week from like 3rd grade until I was HS age and he finally sold it. That's where I remember the High/Low beam foot switch. I knew every inch of that thing... I can even remember the smell of it's interior... I had to vacuum it with our old Electrolux canister vacuum that became the garage vacuum at some point. My Pops would inspect my work on the Maverick each time before I was released back into semi freedom.

That car was in unbelievable shape when he sold it. It was like his pet car not his daily drive car... he really didn't drive it much at all when we returned from the 808. He and I joke around about that car to this day. He wishes he would have kept it... I'm glad I will never have to spit shine it or even see it again.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Dad had a Ford Maverick (early 70s) that he bought brand new before we moved to Hawaii. He had it shipped over and and shipped back to the Mainland when we returned in the 80s. He loved that damn car. He made me wash and wax that damn thing once a week from like 3rd grade until I was HS age and he finally sold it. That's where I remember the High/Low beam foot switch. I knew every inch of that thing... I can even remember the smell of it's interior... I had to vacuum it with our old Electrolux canister vacuum that became the garage vacuum at some point. My Pops would inspect my work on the Maverick each time before I was released back into semi freedom.

That car was in unbelievable shape when he sold it. It was like his pet car not his daily drive car... he really didn't drive it much at all when we returned from the 808. He and I joke around about that car to this day. He wishes he would have kept it... I'm glad I will never have to spit shine it or even see it again.
"Wax me, Selassie...wax me..."
9w1q6De.jpg