The 2020 Season (+ Opt outs)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question: if a player opts out do they still get a pay check?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They get a stipend with the amount depending on how high risk they are.
That actually seems fair in my book. These players with new borns or high risk family members should have this option.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That actually seems fair in my book. These players with new borns or high risk family members should have this option.
Same here , although I think it's a bit low (150,000 low risk and 350,000 high risk I think?) But being paid even if you don't play is pretty cool lol

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Los Angeles Rams place Terrell Lewis on COVID-19 reserve list
Just means he's been in contact with someone with corona. He'll likely be ok - just quarantining now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If you want an NFL season you're going to have to infect all the players coached and staff and let them get over it. I KNOW that will never happen but honestly it's the only way we're going to have a full season.

Too political
Too emotional
Too dangerous

I know I'm not in the best of moods and on day four of a migraine for the second time in two weeks, so take this for what it's worth.

This idea above is maybe the stupidest things I've ever heard on this board. Ever.

What a gross, ignorant, cavalier thing to say. Are YOU gonna help raise the kids if one of the players dies? Are YOU gonna pay for the wife's counseling? Are YOU gonna fill the hole left by a loved one? Are YOU gonna make their loss whole?

No.

And there is nothing in the science that guarantees that exposure grants immunity via antibodies. How can we know this? The false positives. They realized that anyone who'd been exposed to SARS, for example, would have the same antibodies and THOSE antibodies didn't confer immunity. That's why the 1918 flu was so deadly... those exposed to it in 1917 were NOT immune to the 1918 variant or it never would have taken hold like it did. So, even if they have been exposed and they have antibodies, there's no guarantee that they can't be reinfected or that they aren't infected with a worse variant later.

Honestly, I'm gonna go away for awhile because I'm just tired. Tired of the dogma and people believing that they understand more than people who've been experts about this very subject for decades.

Honestly, all this stupid shit..and that's what it is... making uneducated and uninformed declarations...and correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a lot of folks from all walks of life, but no virologists or epidemiologists... is beyond irresponsible. It reminds me of all the political and pseudo-religious bullshit that happened during the AIDS crisis.

How many lives woulda been saved if the politics and religion folks including every asshole with an opinion sat the fuck down and let scientists do what they do best? We'll never know because we couldn't shut our fucking mouths long enough for the scientists to make the case for getting the proper funding.

And we still can't. Other countries are opening up WITHOUT all this BS. Do we just take the L and do what needs be done? Nope. We're traumatizing an entire generation of medical personnel and losing over 150 THOUSAND lives because we've become a nation of fucking Karens who think they are bitching about "freedumb" when really it's about their perceived comfort. And we know this because freedom requires habeas corpus, due process, speedy trial and a host of thing which for all intents and purposes, we haven't had since shortly after 9/11. Guarantee the gov't and a bunch of corps ALREADY know everything about all of us, anyway. And as we've seen with the unmarked vans just grabbing people up without charge, Miranda or anything...it's happening. Think that's all about "radical anteeeeefa?" Two words to remind everyone that it's about POWER. Ruby Ridge. So it's not about right/left and we lost our rights in 2001.

Sorry if that's a wake up call to some, but there you have it. As for COVID?

Same Shit, Same Stupidity, Different Disease.

I'm fucking tired. Honestly and to the marrow of my bones tired. I'd like not to die, but seems that the only way I live is if a bunch of fucking selfish Floridians miss me with all the shots their taking. If just one of them isn't a Stormtrooper, I won't have much longer. I'm kinda super high risk... I mean short of having a T-cell count of zero...

But yea, let's just give it to everybody and let God sort it out, amirite?

Fuck, I can't even with this shit. Peace out.

Love and apologies to all if I don't make it back.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I'm not in the best of moods and on day four of a migraine for the second time in two weeks, so take this for what it's worth.

This idea above is maybe the stupidest things I've ever heard on this board. Ever.

What a gross, ignorant, cavalier thing to say. Are YOU gonna help raise the kids if one of the players dies? Are YOU gonna pay for the wife's counseling? Are YOU gonna fill the hole left by a loved one? Are YOU gonna make their loss whole?

No.

And there is nothing in the science that guarantees that exposure grants immunity via antibodies. How can we know this? The false positives. They realized that anyone who'd been exposed to SARS, for example, would have the same antibodies and THOSE antibodies didn't confer immunity. That's why the 1918 flu was so deadly... those exposed to it in 1917 were NOT immune to the 1918 variant or it never would have taken hold like it did. So, even if they have been exposed and they have antibodies, there's no guarantee that they can't be reinfected or that they aren't infected with a worse variant later.

Honestly, I'm gonna go away for awhile because I'm just tired. Tired of the dogma and people believing that they understand more than people who've been experts about this very subject for decades.

Honestly, all this stupid shit..and that's what it is... making uneducated and uninformed declarations...and correct me if I'm wrong, but we have a lot of folks from all walks of life, but no virologists or epidemiologists... is beyond irresponsible. It reminds me of all the political and pseudo-religious bullshit that happened during the AIDS crisis.

How many lives woulda been saved if the politics and religion folks including every asshole with an opinion sat the fuck down and let scientists do what they do best? We'll never know because we couldn't shut our fucking mouths long enough for the scientists to make the case for getting the proper funding.

And we still can't. Other countries are opening up WITHOUT all this BS. Do we just take the L and do what needs be done? Nope. We're traumatizing an entire generation of medical personnel and losing over 150 THOUSAND lives because we've become a nation of fucking Karens who think they are bitching about "freedumb" when really it's about their perceived comfort. And we know this because freedom requires habeas corpus, due process, speedy trial and a host of thing which for all intents and purposes, we haven't had since shortly after 9/11. Guarantee the gov't and a bunch of corps ALREADY know everything about all of us, anyway. And as we've seen with the unmarked vans just grabbing people up without charge, Miranda or anything...it's happening. Think that's all about "radical anteeeeefa?" Two words to remind everyone that it's about POWER. Ruby Ridge. So it's not about right/left and we lost our rights in 2001.

I'm fucking tired. Honestly and to the marrow of my bones tired. I'd like not to die, but seems that the only way I live is if a bunch of fucking selfish Floridians miss me with all the shots their taking. If just one of them isn't a Stormtrooper, I won't have much longer. I'm kinda super high risk... I mean short of having a T-cell count of zero...

why you getting so worked up about it man? a simple roll of the eyes when you read it would have been enough. like i do to a lot of the doom and gloom posts about the season being cancelled.

the teams have had 6 months to be ready for this. players won't be allowed to enter the building if they have any symptoms or test positive when they are asymptomatic. there is probably zero risk a player can catch the virus from the team facilities and during games.

when they're on their own though, it's up to them to keep safe.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

No.

You sound like you need a warm glass of milk buddy.

Maybe, I should have elaborated on the too "dangerous" reason why it won't happen in my original post? I dunno. Maybe you just need a nap.

You definitely nailed the "too emotional" part tho buddy!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
the only way I live is if a bunch of fucking selfish Floridians miss me with all the shots their taking. If just one of them isn't a Stormtrooper, I won't have much longer. I'm kinda super high risk... I mean short of having a T-cell count of zero...

I live in Florida.. what's this all about shots?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

why you getting so worked up about it man? a simple roll of the eyes when you read it would have been enough. like i do to a lot of the doom and gloom posts about the season being cancelled.

the teams have had 6 months to be ready for this. players won't be allowed to enter the building if they have any symptoms or test positive when they are asymptomatic. there is probably zero risk a player can catch the virus from the team facilities and during games.

when they're on their own though, it's up to them to keep safe.

Cuz I’d like not to die a horrible death.

I don’t really care about how the NFL is trying to do entertainment.

Irrespective of that, the minute people see the NFL on tv, the feeling will be that COVID is over and it won’t matter how untrue that is.

Well, that and I’m dissatisfied in the extreme that we constantly eschew expertise for opinion. I don’t even like my own opinions anymore.

I’m so over all of that. If we’d had this attitude in the 60s, we’d never have made it to the moon.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I live in Florida.. what's this all about shots?

For people like me with compromised immune systems, every knuckle-headed Karen and Kevin our there who refused to wear a mask let alone coughs on other people’s babies is increasing my chances of catching this.

I also live in a household with a grocery worker, retail worker and a preschool teacher, so even as I’ve quarantined for months, I can still get it.

The shots I was referring to are the opportunities I have to be infected.

This being Florida, shots could mean anything, so...

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Kung Flu thread is over here fellas...can we keep the arguments quarantined there please :corona: this thread is about the 2020 NFL season

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don’t understand why they are not expanding rosters for this year. Even just 2-5 would make a huge difference. Especially since there’s very limited training camp and no games to judge rookies, UDFAs, etc.