GAME DAY Thanksgiving Day - Bills at Lions 12:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's one of the worst game managers I've ever seen. Aggressive to the point of shooting his own team in the foot or somewhere worse, time after time.

How could they go downfield on 3d and 1 in the last drive? All they needed was a yard and they would have had at least three more plays to try to win the game. Instead they gave the ball back to the Bills, who flawlessly executed a game winning drive.
Eh, that was Goff's decision. And frankly, it was the right decision. Problem is that he didn't throw a great ball. That was only compounded by D.J. Chark making no effort to adjust to the ball. Had Goff hit him in stride, it's a TD. Had Chark adjusted, he has a shot at catching it and getting out of bounds deep in the red zone.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Let's just say I wasn't crushed with the Miller injury. If he only misses a few games fine. For me the Bills are only in the hunt as a final game Whiner deterrent. So thinking that way then him being back is one of my better scenarios.

Tano

Legend
Eh, that was Goff's decision. And frankly, it was the right decision. Problem is that he didn't throw a great ball. That was only compounded by D.J. Chark making no effort to adjust to the ball. Had Goff hit him in stride, it's a TD. Had Chark adjusted, he has a shot at catching it and getting out of bounds deep in the red zone.
Yeah that catch attempt by Chark reminds me of the catch attempts by Jefferson when Stafford underthrew Jefferson last year and ended up getting intercepted.

Still think they should have run the ball - they had time outs left.

Plus they should have taken a time out earlier in that drive when they still had a minute left on the clock. Stupid time management there by Campbell.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Not sure why you say that? It was after a long timeout. Game on the line. I didn't see an audible except a direction on pass protection to the rb. It certainly appeared to be the first option on the play as Goff looked there immediately. So not sure how call does not come from the bench. Also appeared to me that the play was intended to be to the WR's right, toward the sideline, but he didn't execute.

In any event it was similar to the long pass play called from the doorstep of their own end zone earlier which resulted in a safety. Another example of Detroit's aggressive but at times knuckleheaded play calling which has cost them wins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why you say that? It was after a long timeout. Game on the line. I didn't see an audible except a direction on pass protection to the rb. It certainly appeared to be the first option on the play as Goff looked there immediately. So not sure how call does not come from the bench. Also appeared to me that the play was intended to be to the WR's right, toward the sideline, but he didn't execute.

In any event it was similar to the long pass play called from the doorstep of their own end zone earlier which resulted in a safety. Another example of Detroit's aggressive but at times knuckleheaded play calling which has cost them wins.
The OC calls the play, but the QB is ultimately the guy responsible for deciding whether to go for it. The WR was open, and Goff decided to go for it. He could have chosen to throw a shorter, safer route. I get the decision there. Go for the win. What doesn't make sense is calling that play and then kicking the FG on the next play if it fails.